Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Ebay 

Message 121 of 233
latest reply

E BAY PROVIDE VARY POOR SERVICE . 5 DAY TAKEN BY E BAY SELLER TO DISPATCH MY PRODUCT . I NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT FOM E BAY 

Message 122 of 233
latest reply

Hi All, 

Don't purchase Ebay prodoucts. they are the fruadsters. They are selling damanaged iteams also third party items( used iteam). I am one of the looser. 

@gadgeter29 wrote:
Claim # 75576

LOST MY iPhone 4s Because of Ebay India

Ebay Guarantee team in India is currently doing a very pathetic job of verifying whether the seller or buyer is a cheat or crook. I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer in New Delhi ( Sukhwinder2000 ) on the 24th of Jan 2012. He received the item on 25th of Jan 2012. He claimed the item was not working and all my attempts to help him failed. He finally claimed for a refund on the 1st of Feb 2012 with " Item Not Received". I proved to Ebay that the item was received by him and then the refund was put on hold.

The buyer shipped the item through DTDC courier back to me on 10th Feb 2012 from New Delhi to Chennai . I have received the courier on 15th Feb 2012 and to my shock and disbeleif I find that the item inside is a fake plastic dummy iphone ( not even a working model ).

A week later, ebay resolves the complaint in favour of the buyer. Now he possibly has my iphone and his money back.

Ebay Guarantee team tells me that they have resolved the issue only based on a declaration by the buyer and an insurance copy stating that the item is an iphone. Apparently that is all they need to prove that a this buyer has sent an original.
I managed to track down the courier company and the insurance company as part of my effort for justice. The agent who wrote out the insurance clearly told me that he did not personally check the item and that it is done in good faith and that every marine insurance (parcels ) etc are done as good faith.

Courier company stated the weight as 450 gms during time of booking. This is the same weight which I received. On replacing the fake with an original , the weight reads 500 gms. So I am assuming my sender has purposefully sent me a fake using this ebay loop hole.

My advice to all EBAY USER IN INDIA.

Please do not use ebay for selling expensive devices as their Ebay Gaurantee team has no competence in handling issues nor the patience. They do a half hearted effort and close the case. My attempt to make their team leader for case solution " Mr. Ashish Gupta " understand fell on deaf ears. He has the attitude that he really could'nt care less and actually complained that I was bothering his Claim Adjustor " Mr. Balwant " for following up.

At the end of the day, I have lost my iphone 4s, my money and my faith in Ebay India. I am going to avoid ebay at all cost henceforth and sincerely urge you all the use extreme caution.

@gadgeter29 wrote:
Claim # 75576

LOST MY iPhone 4s Because of Ebay India

Ebay Guarantee team in India is currently doing a very pathetic job of verifying whether the seller or buyer is a cheat or crook. I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer in New Delhi ( Sukhwinder2000 ) on the 24th of Jan 2012. He received the item on 25th of Jan 2012. He claimed the item was not working and all my attempts to help him failed. He finally claimed for a refund on the 1st of Feb 2012 with " Item Not Received". I proved to Ebay that the item was received by him and then the refund was put on hold.

The buyer shipped the item through DTDC courier back to me on 10th Feb 2012 from New Delhi to Chennai . I have received the courier on 15th Feb 2012 and to my shock and disbeleif I find that the item inside is a fake plastic dummy iphone ( not even a working model ).

A week later, ebay resolves the complaint in favour of the buyer. Now he possibly has my iphone and his money back.

Ebay Guarantee team tells me that they have resolved the issue only based on a declaration by the buyer and an insurance copy stating that the item is an iphone. Apparently that is all they need to prove that a this buyer has sent an original.
I managed to track down the courier company and the insurance company as part of my effort for justice. The agent who wrote out the insurance clearly told me that he did not personally check the item and that it is done in good faith and that every marine insurance (parcels ) etc are done as good faith.

Courier company stated the weight as 450 gms during time of booking. This is the same weight which I received. On replacing the fake with an original , the weight reads 500 gms. So I am assuming my sender has purposefully sent me a fake using this ebay loop hole.

My advice to all EBAY USER IN INDIA.

Please do not use ebay for selling expensive devices as their Ebay Gaurantee team has no competence in handling issues nor the patience. They do a half hearted effort and close the case. My attempt to make their team leader for case solution " Mr. Ashish Gupta " understand fell on deaf ears. He has the attitude that he really could'nt care less and actually complained that I was bothering his Claim Adjustor " Mr. Balwant " for following up.

At the end of the day, I have lost my iphone 4s, my money and my faith in Ebay India. I am going to avoid ebay at all cost henceforth and sincerely urge you all the use extreme caution.

Message 123 of 233
latest reply

sp6974
Community Member

My claim 452031 was approved on 17 Mar 2014 and till date refund is not processed. When contacting customer support I always hear you wil receive a call back and that never happend. ebay wil always support only seller.y u ppl cheatwho trust u r company and purchase 

Beware guys never buy from ebay.

Message 124 of 233
latest reply

rkum7572
Community Member
I am very disappointed with the service you providing to your customer. I ordered mobile just because of the name of Ebay but I didnt realize about the company and how fraud you are. I made the payment online by my card for mobile and received mobile in very bad condition. I was out of town at the time of delivery. I opened the pack and found broken screen mobile and that was really shocking for me so see that. I am not going to keep this damaged mobile so change it asap because I have paid for new mobile not for defective mobile. If Its not get delivered so I will take some legal action against Ebay and will go Online to update all the social sites about your fraud with happened with me.
Contact me for the same or replace my mobile or urgent basis.
Message 125 of 233
latest reply

ur customer care is really ill mannered and rigid and lack communication skills. to avoid arguments from shop owners, i engage in online shoppin. Ebay was a Big Letdown. Snapdeal is way better and i till now i had a very smooth experience with them.

Now I really feel proud of being Indian. Ebay is way behind SNAPDEal. 

Message 126 of 233
latest reply

@ Return policy of eBAY:

its really strange and shocking for me to hear from your customer care that I need to parcel my bought item myself if its conveienent for me..lol..on SNAPDEAL, they collect item from my place without any Q unlike ebay harrasing attitude.SNAPDEAL is really very quick and swift in resolving issues. on eBay I am still waiting .......n waiting.......n waiting them to reply on my issues, leave aside resolving. 

So this is ur eBay guarantee..make our experience MISERABLE!!!!

Message 127 of 233
latest reply

i URGE ALL Consumers who suffered in the hands of eBAY to approach consumer court and file complaint. 

I dont think, eBAY is NOTso careless and show high handedness and treaT consumers of FOREIGN NATIONS like they do to INDIAN consumers. To show and make eBAY realise that we also deserve same treatment as eBAY have for foreign nation.

Message 128 of 233
latest reply

aahuja2014
Community Member

I am sailing in the same boat,

Struggling to get my refund from them since Feb'14 , had been writing everyday to them but in vain with no response,

dont know what to do and where to go, in case you have got some idea in the course of your fight kindly guide,

thanks,

Anuj Ahuja

@hasrajaniharish wrote:
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani

Message 129 of 233
latest reply

Respected Sir/Madam,

This is regarding  PaisaPay ID: *** says Payment In progress even after amount is deducted from my sbi account using SBI debit card. I contacted ebay customer care,they told me to wait for 72 hours.The transaction was done on 24-04-2014.I donot intend to complaint against ebay in public forum but I do not have any other option.How careless can ebay be to its customers?Atleast I need to know the status of transaction but invain customer care is not assisting customers. You will keep losing customers badly for your poor support. To my suprise payback  customer care were loyal enough and refunded back my 32 points which were not utilised in this transaction.I had attached bank statement to justify my claim.

Message 130 of 233
latest reply