cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (7 Feb, 5 - 6 PM)

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House gives senior eBay staff members the opportunity to interact with members of the community and we presume that community would also be equally eager to do the same.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Thursday, the February, 07 2008, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST for an interactive discussion with our community members.
Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the discussion.

Please read Rajan's message to the community.

See you on February, 07 2008 at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello cochinmall,

I have already stated the situation on the bugs in the PaisaPay system and the situation is largely resolved. Read my earlier posts for more details. I would strongly urge you to take a balanced view of the situation. In a launch of this scale and complexity, issues are bound to crop up on all sides and I must state here that the teams here have strived to resolve all issues be it with the system or initial challenges being faced by buyers and sellers in adapting to the new system.

On the rationale behind making Paisa Pay compulsory, I would like to reiterate my comment in one of the earlier post i.e. it is important for us to build greater trust in the marketplace and thus all buyers should have a choice to pay by the safest and a secure payment method. All sellers with greater than 20 lifetime listings have the option of offering other payment methods (besides PaisaPay). Ultimately, as long as Buyers have a choice, they will choose an option that best suits their interests.

We are seeing an increasing adoption of PaisaPay amongst buyers, which indicates that more buyers are opting for new PaisaPay due to the safety and security it provides them.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 81 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello runalaila_in1,

The announcements on our US site with respect to Paypal have been done to increase Trust in the marketplace there. The new PaisaPay system also shares the same objectives.

Assuming that the Buyer has confirmed item receipt when he / she leaves positive feedback is a very large change to make. However, as mentioned earlier, we are relooking at the criteria for Express remittance so as to ensure that more of the sellers are covered under the same.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 82 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello pc_gaming_store,

I take your feedback on the customer service; apparently the miscommunications in the specific case happened due to system error and regret the same.

We have always strived to improve our service levels and going forward will continue to improve to meet community expectations.

Do keep the feedback flowing as it will only help us to improve.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 83 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello snrama,

Good to see your post again.

In regards to the New PaisaPay bugs I request you to go through my earlier posts for the status.

To your question on PaisaPay charges Iโ€™d like to reiterate that we have made lot of modifications to Paisa Pay like providing Phone Support, Charge Back coverage, dispute resolution, etc. and am sure you understand that all of these have a cost implication.

Regarding Axis Bank, due to technical changes in their backend, we have to discontinue our integration with them. We have prioritized some of the other changes in PaisaPay based on community feedback.

EMI option as a facility was introduced to provide easy payment facility through instalments. While other portals also offer EMI facility and at 0% interest, it may not be a wise step to pass on the charges to our buyers. We believe that this will only make us competitive with other portals.

We, at eBay, always welcome our membersโ€™ suggestions and try to address concerns rasied. Please be assured that we would not leave any opportunity of providing our sellers with the best services and a beneficial platform.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 84 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello hellohirah,

Classifieds as a format are more suited for domestic transactions than international. If you look at most of the listings in the classified format which sellers are putting up is in the area of real estate, financial & other services which I am sure you will agree with me are more for the domestic buyer than international.

We do not have a restriction on item price as you have mentioned. I request you to get in touch with our customer support team in case you still face this issue.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 85 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello emailswarup

Firstly thanks a lot for the various comments, feedback and suggestions through your multiple posts in response to the thread. Would have loved to discuss with you during my session last Thursday but unfortunately that couldnโ€™t happen.

Let me first start by addressing your feeling of lack of importance from eBay to discussion boards threads / suggestions. We always feel great about our community and if there is the one thing that distinguishes eBay from the rest of the organizations is the active engagement of our members in our policies and strategies on our very own discussion boards. Please be rest assured that no suggestion on the boards goes unnoticed and if there have been any slip ups in past we will make sure going forward the same does not happen again.

Secondly let me address your overall concern about eBay being inflexible and not considering the communityโ€™s view point and suggestions before making major decisions by calling out a few BIG things we did in 2007. viz.

Fast integrated checkout and shopping cart
eBay Coupons
EMI payment option
Telephone based customer support
Television advertising
Introducing listing fees
Trust & Safety initiatives like out calling to non paying buyers

The genesis behind each of the above decisions was based on Community Suggestions and Inputs. Rest assured we listen to our community, understand their pulse, take suggestions, firm up a balanced point of view and implement decisions which are beneficial to the overall community

I request you to read through my earlier posts in this thread which should answer your questions on PaisaPay bugs, shipment timelines, NEFT charges and low sales. On The point of Feedback, you would have noticed that along with the recent Feedback changes, we also have a number of measures that would protect the sellers against unjustified negative feedback, including, but not limited to removing negative feedback from buyers who do not participate in the UPI process and removing the feedback of suspended members

Regarding your comment on Power Seller program criteria, we understand the intricacies and challenges in a nascent ecommerce market like India and have factored that into building the program. Also in the last few years many Power Sellers have seen growth in their business and our data shows an increase in the # of Power Sellers in 2007. Even post the revision I am sure you will appreciate that we have kept the current criteria 50% lower than global program criteria. We are reviewing our benefits package for India Power Sellers and look out for some exciting news on that front in the next 4-6 weeks

Now coming to your suggestion on allowing to optionally choose category for international listings, inherently as the product is listed on the eBay.in site it will have the category structure prevailing in the India site. However I have taken note of your suggestion and will pass it on to the teams working on category mapping and we will evaluate on what best can be done to deliver the most suitable category output for International listings. Regarding listing fees, we have seen an improvement in success rate for sellers post that and it has certainly improved findability of items for buyers. Having said that I take your suggestion on listing fee for a longer duration and am sure the team working on the pricing will keep this in mind while planning for future.

The suggestion of making eBay.in search global is interesting, while it has its benefits lets also understand that such a move can have its challenges in a few caregories. I would evaluate this very carefully before deciding conclusively.

As you would have seen in the recent global announcements there are some changes being made in the default sort order in the bigger eBay sites like US, Germany and UK. There is also a test pilot on some of the International sites for a Total cost sort (Item price + shipping). We will monitor the effectiveness, take global learnings and of course consult our community before firming up our decision.

Regarding your suggestion on offline advertising, I am sure you would have seen our first Television advertising campaign which was aired in Nov and Decโ€™07, we will continue to evaluate our marketing investments basis the returns we get and I am sure you will see a lot more offline marketing initiatives in 2008.

Its been my pleasure going through your posts and various suggestions and I hope my response has been all encompassing and answers your queries.

Best Regards,
Rajan
Message 86 of 88
latest reply

Sir please help solve my problem. I have purchased watch from GLoBal Nomard brand but it stopped working in just two months.
Pls solve what to do next
My contact is 8055168768....8055168768
Pls help...
Thanks appreciated good work
Message 87 of 88
latest reply

Sir I ORDERED ONE LENOVO A6000 MOBILE PHONE BUT AFTER RECEIVING DELIVERY I GOT SCRATCHED PIECE WITH CHARGER OF OTHER COMPANY & WITHOUT HEADPHONE ASSY. Pse guide me for further process
Message 88 of 88
latest reply