cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (10 Jan, 5 -6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House brings the opportunity to interact with senior staff members of eBay.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Wednesday, the 10th of January, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the Discussion.

See you on the 10th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Devesh (veedeedirect),

Thanks for your good wishes and I wish you the best for a successful 2007.

COD error and VAT issue โ€“ I understand the frustration that you as a seller would be facing. We have heard this feedback in past. The team is working on the COD issue and I believe we will have some resolution for the same by 2nd half of 2007.

The VAT issue is also under the scanner. However, I will be honest that it is slightly lower on the priority list. I will ask the team to update the Community members if there is any update on the topic.

Past Discussions and Timelines:

OBT to sellerโ€™s bank account, I - We expect to have this feature on site in later half of 2007

Integrated Checkout - We expect to see this feature on site by middle of 2007.

Immediate Payment required feature โ€“ I understand that this feature will help us bring down UPI. We were contemplating to get it on site; however, under the current circumstances it seems improbable. Having said that, I will like to assure you that we are looking at various other programs to bring down UPI rate on site.

Regarding your question on changes in Enhanced Listing fee, Increasing Multiple Quantity limit and enhancing Buyer experience on site โ€“ We are constantly looking at ways to enhance findability on the site. One step in this direction was Listing fee in Mobiles and Accessories category. We saw that the listing fee positive impacted the conversion rates in the category. We will be further evaluating various changes to bring more value for the sellers, while creating a positive impact for the buyers.

On your question on Using Debit card for accepting payments, I am afraid that banking norms in India do not allow for the same. Therefore I do not foresee it happening in near future.

On Buyer Verification and Alignment of SNP metrics to Indian conditions, as you know our current functionality does not allow for buyer verification, or offering products only for specific set of buyers only. We believe that India is in acquisition mode and therefore we will like to minimise any friction to trade.

On the SNP front, while we will continue to follow the current SNP model, the team has localised the SNP reinstatement model, such that it is easier for sellers to get reinstated after suspension. For example, earlier the seller had to give a Proof of Delivery that contained full buyer address. However, this practice is not followed by the courier company. However, the same has been changed, and now PODs with incomplete address are also accepted.

Similarly, launch of ODR India as third party dispute resolution has seen a reduction in SNP based suspension, for sellers are able to resolve most cases via ODR.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 51 of 69
latest reply

Hello Rajanji,
You had not answered the main point of the issue,Please kindly check my post about the FIRC.

any item which is exported from India with advance payment must have FIRC.

Why Paisapay is not providing FIRC?I can not export good without FIRC and any seller who is sending item without FIRC is doing it in a illegal way.It may result into penalty/imprisionment as Foreign exchange rules are very tough.

I hope that you will answer to the issue of FIRC.

I dint got any FIRC from Paisapay and thus had to refund whole amount to the buyer from Italy.

Please do not escape the issue of FIRC,We seller are agree to pay the charges for the FIRC.

But FIRC is must for exports.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 52 of 69
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi shree_krishna_gems

Rajan is in the process of replying to various posts. He is aiming at responding to all posts. Requesting your patience for the same.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 53 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi runalaila_in1,

Your suggestion on having mystery shoppers is an interesting one. It is especially useful as a market research tool. I have forwarded your suggestion to the buying team. They will be using such inputs into the programs that will focus on encouraging repeat buyers.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 54 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snrama,

Thanks for the wishes. I hope you had a great vacation. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your active participation in community and helping other members.

Do keep visiting the boards. Users like you make the Community boards a nice place to visit and hang out
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 55 of 69
latest reply

amitchordia
Community Member
Hi Rajan,

Welcome to ebay.

This is to bring to your notice that ebay has become cheaters paradise.
There is no credibility check done for the sellers and taking advantage of it these fake sellers dupe the buyers for thousands of rupees and vanish.
There is no body to listen to complaints.
Please refer the community thread :
http://forums.ebay.in/forum.jspa?forumID=100000002

I am a victim of such a fraud seller and have been duped for eighteen thousand rupees.
If you see the above thread you will several victims like me.

I urge you to please strict the process of credibility check and stop such kind of activities.

Regards,
Amit
Message 56 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Swarup (emailswarup),

Thanks for your suggestions.

We believe different features provide different value. The Home Page feature is for higher value products with sellers having the option to direct traffic to their shops to showcase their other items.

As regards your query on Gallery, we believe the feature is a lever our sellers have to improve successful listings; in order to maximize the use of gallery, I understand we often promote this feature and will continue to do the same.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 57 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Mohib-uz-Zaman (Skygiftworldwide),

Thanks for your good wishes.

On your question on Power Seller status, Power Seller Program invites new members on 15th of every month. If the member is eligible, he shall receive the invitation on 15th of the month. I am sorry that your email was not responded to. In future, if you have any site related queries, I will request you to write to Customer Support either by Live Chat or email us via Contact Us link.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 58 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Neha_newyear

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling victimised. eBay members are mostly helpful and community boards are a great example of the same. However, at times you come across experiences that are not in good taste.

To block uninvited buyers, you may wish to use bidder management tool to block users with whom you do not wish to trade with:

Ebay has a very powerful tool that enables you to decide the kind of buyers who can bid/purchase your products. This tool is called the โ€œBuyer Requirement Toolโ€, which enables you to select the criteria of buyers.

Currently you can block buyers who do NOT meet all or any of the below criteria:

โ€ขBuyers in countries to which you donโ€™t ship
โ€ขBuyers with a negative feedback score
โ€ขBuyers with Unpaid Item strikes

You can also ask your bidder to verify himself before he bids/purchases your product.

To set your buyer Requirements, follow the instructions below:

a)Log into โ€œ My Ebay Pageโ€
b)Under โ€œ My Accountโ€, click on Preferences
c)Under Buyer Requirements, click on โ€œ Editโ€ & select your criteriaโ€™s

I would strongly urge you to go through these tools in details which may help you reduce number of unsuccessful transactions.

To know more about this, click on the link below
http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 59 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear shree_krishna_gems / hypnosis_in1,

As indicated in my response to Indconcepts below I want to assure you that it is legal to receive payments through PaisaPay for international transactions as long as export formalities are complied with.

For all transactions (domestic & international), eBay expects sellers on its site to comply with all the legal requirements of doing business in India.

Further clarity on some of the specific questions raised by you could be sought from export workshops conducted by industry experts (like the one by DHL in Sept 2006) from time-to-time.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 60 of 69
latest reply