Assured free gift from eBay not received

kramakrishnan
Community Member
I had ordered for an item from eBay (item#170351425256) in the first week of July for which I was supposed to get a 4 GB Sandisk USB Drive free, as part of the monsoon offer or whatever.

After 3 months and despite sending several reminders (atleast a half dozen) emails, I have not received the free gift yet. The only response is that the issue has been escalated to their marketing team which I am now not sure is existent.

If eBay cannot honour such promises, why have one in the first place. After this experience, I have drastically cut down on my shopping through eBay.

Any body with similar experience?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

usharani
Community Member
yes this is shankar i am buying last dewali promo items with free gift i am called many more times and mailed to ebay any buddy not responce pproper answer and ebay is going cheap policy and i think some people join (who r facing wroungh think with ebay) and open case above ebay in indain govt then this type of issues r stop otherwise total bad thing going on
if u need frauds in ebay pls broue in google there have many more ebay team and sellers r doing more han 1000's fraunds with in 4 years

and this is totally bad thinks happened in india only if this at usa or uk their govt stop this type of websites because they have separate court and team for cyber casus

and

i am looking to stop this ebay in india if any buddy have pls contact at ewaay@ymail.com

we will join and stop this type of websites in india
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

homesell_in1
Community Member
DEAR SIR

I HAVE PURCHASED FROM E BAY AND MADE
1.ONLINE PAYMENT ON ONE ITEN TO SELLER RS.6200
2.PAISAPAY ONLINE PAYMENT ONE ITEM RS.2658
3.PAISA PAY ONLINE PAYMENT RS.2500

I HAVE OPTED FOR GIFT

NOT RECEIVED GIFT AS ANNOUNCED AND NO RESPONSE
FOR THE EMAIL EBAY@EBAY.IN
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

I understand that you have a concern around receiving promotion free gift. While most of the gifts have been dispatched, and most members have received the same, I will request you to get in touch with customer support team at incswebhelp@ebay.com to find the status of your gift.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ravikanth_rao
Community Member
I have purchased Nikon camara for which I was suppose to get diwali gift of Airtel Dish TV but after several reminders and calling customer support they could deliver the diwali gift even while chating with

e-bay CHat Session ID: 20319223 this is in regard to DIWALI GIFT Dt: 19/11/09 chated with Mr.AgentGeoffrey R

I am keeping my finger crossed to get the diwali gift. please help me in getting this

Regards
Ravi Kanth Mobile: 98800 16601, Place - Bangalore
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

vasu_tse
Community Member
In the month of November-December 2008, there was an offer of IPOD suffle for purchase of Rs. 8000 & above.
With respect to paise pay transaction 23137973353, I did a transaction of Rs. 9999 on 22-11-08 & accordingly I am eligible for Apple ipod suffle offer.

After speaking to the customer care the next day, my request for the free IPOD was registered on 23-11-2008 vide reference no. 00174707. I am informed that the delivery is expected within 45 days.
But even after a lapse of one year and several correspondence, I did not receive the ipod till date.

The only response from EBay is that the issue has been escalated to their marketing team for further action!

If eBay cannot honour such promises it is better not to have them at all. So beware of purchasing based on assured free gift offer.

Srinivas
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay simply lies to customers about these Diwali gifts. They fraudulently offer gifts and then never send the gift. The support staff are simply instructed to wear out the customer. They simply said that a gift will be sent enter the code. There was no place to enter the code so i sent them a message immediately on purchase. There was no statement saying that the buyer will forfeit the gift if he does not enter the code during payment. There was no acceptance of the conditions of the sale. The product is not even worth the price without the gift. This is outright fraud. Those who have been hurt by this scam perpetrated by Ebay kindly contact me. I am a journalist and plan to expose these people with sufficient documented proof of their frudulent practices and even take them to court. Please send me details if u have been scammed by their promises of free gifts

Santosh
uncannybal@hotmail.com
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have also get a massage of get gift there was gift option Sony 40 inch led TV LG double door refrigerator double door apple iPhone plus 7 1.5 ton ac I select, iPhone then they say that you have buy any order from eBay more than 5000 amount so I placed a order of 6000 and they said that if I paid via payment then I received 30% Cashback so I pay via payment on his mobile no then they said that tomorrow you will get got call after get call your order will shipped then next day they said that you have to pay 12000 get tax that amount will instant refund in your account but the time of refund they said that you payment was declined you have to pay again that amount then you get refund of both amount then I contact ebay helpline no then I know that that was fraud then I demand of refund my money and I should not get gift then he refused to give refund I noted fir against this I want to get more and more detailed about this that help us to arrest them so guys please contact me on my Whatsapp no 8102705142 and give your all story what's happened with you
Message 8 of 8
latest reply