Are You Watching?

akamohanty
Community Member
I was looking for a Nokia 6630 on ebay(earlier I won a bid but the seller would not supply)on 23.05.06 at around 5.35 in the evening. I found an Item number: 9139366471 put out for sale by a member sriram_marketing a member since 15th may 2006. Surprisingly, I found that he has described himself as a seller with more than 2000 positive feedbacks although he has just one as indicated. Further, I enquired in to that one positive feed back and found that it has been left by a buyer (jhalsa2004) who had bought the item just aover a couple of hours back, interestingly the feed back reads" EXCELLENT PRODUCT QUALITY,QUICK DELIVERY.AN ASSET TO EBAY.5-STAR RATED.RECOMMEND"....... IS EBAY WATCHING? isnt it time ebay make an effort to keep out not so serious or fraudulent sellers/buyers? who is to blame for the amount of time and energy I spent for to win a bid and then the seller says buy from elsewhere?
THINK ABOUT IT
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are You Watching?

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Good Observation. He has listed the same product 30 times and its a voilation to eBay Policy. Also if had 2000+ feedbacks then why can't he list the same item from the 2000+ User Id.

Something fishy going on here. Now its eBay time to take action on him. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Are You Watching?

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi akamohanty,

I truly appreciate your concern and your wish to keep the site a healthy place for all.

Whenever you come across a member who you think wants to cheat other members, I will suggest, you immediately report the member via the Report this item link on bottom of every listing page.

eBay's Trust and Safety team works 24x7, and takes fast action against such reports. Your help will go a long way in making eBay a fun and safe place for all.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 3
latest reply