cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A ....... B ....... or ....... C ....... What's your choice ?

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

Feedback Policy has changed the scene altogether.
Maybe it's good for the future .... or maybe it would hit the Sellers hard.

In the current scenario .... what is best for the Seller ?

A. Should the Seller leave Positive Feedback for the Buyer, the moment he receives payment ?

OR

B. Should the Seller wait for the Buyer's Positive Feedback before leaving the same for him ?

OR

C. Should the Seller just forget about this FB system and truthfully & sincerly work for a good buying experience for his Buyer.

A .... B ..... and ..... C .... there are three options.

In the first case ie. A .... Do you think Gandhigiri would be helpful ?
Mere pass toh power hai nahi ... tum ne payment ki tumhara bhut bhut shukria ... lo yeh Positive bhi lo.
Do you think Indian Buyers would appreciate this gesture and would never leave a Neutral or Negative without contacting you first?

In the second case ie. B .... Do you think it's better to hold on the Positive and let the Buyer complete the transaction?
Do you think it's better to leave a Positive once the Buyer has left it for you?
Do you think that Buyer leaving the Positive first, signifies that he has enjoyed his purchase and seller has done his job well?

In the third case ie. C ..... Do you think it's all waste of time in the current FB system.
Do you think it hardly matters as to who leaves the Feedback first till the time a Seller is concerned about his Buyers good buying experience ... and delivering a well packed quality Item, as described in the Listing.

Your views are important and I hope all Sellers would put forth their views.

You may VOTE either A , B or C keeping in mind that we are talking about transactions on ebay India. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Hi,

I used to use the B. But now no more selling on eBay.
However in changed circumstances , I would have preferred C.

Regards
Ram Krishan
Message 21 of 34
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Great Going .... would request more Sellers to join in.

jaipur_mart = C
jaipur_fashions = B
krishnaindia = ????
mahavircomputers_in1 = B
electro.store = C
snrama = B
indconcepts = B
amitava123gems = A
skygiftworldwide = B
brand.deal = C
cosycom = C
techniwas = A
assemblerz = C
shree_krishna_gems = C .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
I used to use option B so far, but i think under current scenario feedback has become meaningless and might switch to C. Anyhow i've always given the best service to customers and over 50% never left any feedback whatsoever. Now buyers are not concerned abt what feedback they leave under the new system. Good customers always are understanding and give a good positive feedback. The ones who cause problems do so no matter what.
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

mumbaistores
Community Member
Friends,

Pls count my vote as well for C.

I would like to reply to Navinji's statement mentioned in this thread

Relating the same example: In an offline world, it is salespersons duty to says "thank you first" when customer makes the payment & not the other way around.

In an offline world the buyer feels and touches the product and has the option of not buying or rejecting the product then and there itself. On the contrary on ebay buyers sometimes dont judge the product from the images and when it turns out to be different then their expectations they leave negative. Hence it becomes very important that the seller has an option of mutually satisfying the buyer.

Not all trades are successfull and smooth in the first attempt and it will never be in another 10 years giving the dynamics of the market.

I have worked for Ebay US for past 7 years (Ebay use to outsource a lot of work to my company and i was the account manager) and have closely monitored its growth and progress and sorry to say i beg to differ from your opinion.

Here it is very important to ask whether leaving feedback upfront will reduce disputes and discontent. I agree with navinji for that, but it also exposes the sellers to be vulnerable in front of the buyer and what if after leaving positive upfront and delivering great buying experience (which i guess only 20& sellers do on ebay) we sellers still get a negative.
Post Feedback Changes Scenario for sellers - Upfront eliminate the chances of dispute & provide great buying experience.

If Ebay so strongly belives in A then why are they even giving the buyers the option of leaving feedback. Simply automate and reduce the problems.

I also disagree with the statment made here "In todayโ€™s world, buying on internet is not simply buying an item, but it also demands a great buying experience."

Ebay India is still in nascent stages and ecommerce maturity has not set in. Buyers were happy in the days of Bazee as well. Nothing much has changed except that Ebay is feeling the heat and it is passing on that heat to seller community. How can you expect someone who has sold 10, 20 ...or 100 product to provide a great buying experience. Had all sellers been capable they would have set up their own ventures? They are not industries. They are part time sellers, hobbyist. Dont try and industrialize them and presurize them.

Finally i would like to say one more thing. Its not that the seller community wasnt providing great buying experience prior to feedback changes. Else they wouldnt have got such good feedbacks. We Sellers are mature enough to understand so playing with words doesnt matter buy actions do. I am sure after these comments they may certainly ban me. Sorry if i hurt anyone. My comments are not against any specific person but against the system.
Thanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

Till now 16 Sellers have participated and their views are as here under :-

mumbaistores = C
goadigital = B
jaipur_mart = C
jaipur_fashions = B
krishnaindia = ????
mahavircomputers_in1 = B
electro.store = C
snrama = B
indconcepts = B
amitava123gems = A
skygiftworldwide = B
brand.deal = C
cosycom = C
techniwas = A
assemblerz = C
shree_krishna_gems = C .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Well....After being hit hard twice by this unfair Feedback System,I can only opt for Option C now...I dont really care about the feedbacks received or not received because the damage has been done!!! I have lost my power-seller status and on requests and mails to ebay customer support about the unfair feedbacks...i only got a very dissapointing and negative reply which reads as follows:

Hello Mala,

Thank you for writing to eBay. My name is Kaelyn and I appreciate the chance to assist you with regard to the removal of the negative feedback you received from the buyer arehmans of your belly dance costume (item
250250483323).

We understand your concern in this situation and have reviewed the feedback comment in question.Unfortunately, we found that the comment that was left does not meet the requirements for removal as outlined in
our feedback removal policy found at:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

Unless the feedback meets this policy, regrettably, we cannot remove it.

Due to the fact that there are few instances where we are able to remove feedback, we try to encourage all members to use caution in posting feedback. Unfortunately, good members can sometimes still end up receiving feedback they feel is inappropriate or unfair. However, unless the feedback meets the removal policy guidelines regrettably it cannot be removed.

We wish that in cases such as yours we could bend the rules. However, this is one area where we must be rather stringent. This is because of the liability posed to us should we vary from this policy.

Please review the information found in our feedback removal policy at the page listed above. Hopefully, after doing so, you can see how our
hands are bound in this situation.

Mala, I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Kaelyn M.
eBay Customer Support

The point is not the words of the comment left..the point is looking into the facts of the case and determining whether the comment is correct at all!!!!Neways no use explaining..Ebay has never listened to sellers grievance whether it be the Listing fees matter,powerseller merchandise etc..Now this Feedback system...Only A MIRACLE can help the policy makers realise their fault in framing this unjust policy.

I vote for C
Regards
Mala
Message 26 of 34
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Yes thats a standard cut paste reply. In very very rare cases feedback is removed.

Next thing I want to try is getting a court order to get the feedback removed. Just waiting to find someone crazy enough to do that.

Rgds

TechiE

TechiE
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Mala,

Your experience clearly shows that ebay can never and would never help Sellers for unjustified Feedbacks.
Only cut and past replies .... as usual .... can be expected.

creative_pursuits = C
mumbaistores = C
goadigital = B
jaipur_mart = C
jaipur_fashions = B
krishnaindia = ????
mahavircomputers_in1 = B
electro.store = C
snrama = B
indconcepts = B
amitava123gems = A
skygiftworldwide = B
brand.deal = C
cosycom = C
techniwas = A
assemblerz = C
shree_krishna_gems = C .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Hi

I am really happy to see such a engaging discussion among the Top Sellers after a long time.

Lets analyze the three options - I will start from C:

C. Should the Seller just forget about this FB system and truthfully & sincerly work for a good buying experience for his Buyer:
: Working for a good buyer experience is a must. Sometimes this can be expensive for the seller (in both online and offline worlds), but morally required. But we cannot ignore the feedback system. The market is competitive and and we need to build good feebacks to stay in the race. Being a PowerSeller is not even more challenging and that makes the buyers trust the PowerSeller logo even more.

B. Should the Seller wait for the Buyer's Positive Feedback before leaving the same for him ? : This is what we did before the new Feedback system. And was unfair to the buyers (Yes I am a regular buyer). Though I wont share my pain as a buyer now, with the new feedback system there is no point waiting for the buyers feedback. Remember, we are working for a good buyer experience.

A. Should the Seller leave Positive Feedback for the Buyer, the moment he receives payment ?
: Logically this will get your the best feedback from the buyers. And is fair to the buyers aswell. If a buyers trusts the system and makes a advance payment today, he (or she) deserve some praises for it. Doesn't he?

TechiE

TechiE
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Umang,

I'd encourage you to read through this thread which is just one example where we have managed to withdraw UNJUST Neutrals & Negatives being given to the sellers.

Hope that sends out a message to the entire community that we will surely withdraw any such unjust feedbacks that will be reported to us.

Keep posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 30 of 34
latest reply