cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A ....... B ....... or ....... C ....... What's your choice ?

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

Feedback Policy has changed the scene altogether.
Maybe it's good for the future .... or maybe it would hit the Sellers hard.

In the current scenario .... what is best for the Seller ?

A. Should the Seller leave Positive Feedback for the Buyer, the moment he receives payment ?

OR

B. Should the Seller wait for the Buyer's Positive Feedback before leaving the same for him ?

OR

C. Should the Seller just forget about this FB system and truthfully & sincerly work for a good buying experience for his Buyer.

A .... B ..... and ..... C .... there are three options.

In the first case ie. A .... Do you think Gandhigiri would be helpful ?
Mere pass toh power hai nahi ... tum ne payment ki tumhara bhut bhut shukria ... lo yeh Positive bhi lo.
Do you think Indian Buyers would appreciate this gesture and would never leave a Neutral or Negative without contacting you first?

In the second case ie. B .... Do you think it's better to hold on the Positive and let the Buyer complete the transaction?
Do you think it's better to leave a Positive once the Buyer has left it for you?
Do you think that Buyer leaving the Positive first, signifies that he has enjoyed his purchase and seller has done his job well?

In the third case ie. C ..... Do you think it's all waste of time in the current FB system.
Do you think it hardly matters as to who leaves the Feedback first till the time a Seller is concerned about his Buyers good buying experience ... and delivering a well packed quality Item, as described in the Listing.

Your views are important and I hope all Sellers would put forth their views.

You may VOTE either A , B or C keeping in mind that we are talking about transactions on ebay India. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Dear Umang ji,
My vote is C

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
When I was in initial stages of selling I adopted A option. Gradually after 100 feedbacks I changed to B option & now since last 2 months I am going with C option.

I dont bother any buyer to leave any kind of feedback. If they leave feedback, than I return them feedback.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am Navin Mistry, Category Manager for All Lifestyle category.
I am wearing now a seller hat , n I vote for "A' & believe it is a right thing to do. Buyer has upfront paid to the seller & now seller has to show the right direction to the buyer by leaving a positive.

Do remember, no buyer will leave upfront negative moment he receives a positive post his instant payment.

Relating the same example: In an offline world, it is salespersons duty to says "thank you first" when customer makes the payment & not the other way around.

Leaving a positive feedback upfront builds the first step of developing health relations with buyer.

I am laying down few tips to improve the positive feedback ratio from the buyers by providing a great buying experience

The Feedback change on the site objective is to provide great buying experience.

In todayโ€™s world, buying on internet is not simply buying an item, but it also demands a great buying experience.

The scenario is no longer about dispatching an item or refunding the money & incase of any dispute then resolving, but demands ensuring the right product is dispatch ensuring quality check with effective communication to the buyers

Pre- Feedback Changes Scenario for sellers โ€“ Resolve when there is a dispute or if buyer is unsatisfied.

Post Feedback Changes Scenario for sellers - Upfront eliminate the chances of dispute & provide great buying experience

A great experience consists of:

1- Acknowledgement call & email to the buyers post receipt of the payment including PaisaPay

(Seller treating buyers with courtesy of โ€˜Good Morn you have called ABC, May I help youโ€

2- A dedicated line for customer calls.(Remember: handling customer calls may also require different skill sets)

3- Shipping the right product post quality check
(Ensuring product is checked n tested before shipping)

4- Neat & clean packaging of the item with a personalized letter to the customers. (A personalized letter delights the buyer & can be used effectively to reduce neutral/negative from the impulse buyer)

5- Emailing shipping details post entering into eBay systems. Calling the buyers or SMS with dispatch details

(Emailing of shipping details helps the buyer to know upfront, There are buyers who may be not is a position to check emails daily, hence a call or sms may help them)

6- Improve the packaging/delivery material, remember parcel received as a gift wrap delight the customer more than mere sent in a brown paper packaging

(Line itself is a self explanatory)

7-Stay calm and keep an open mind in all your contacts with buyers. When treated with courtesy and consideration, even the most disgruntled individual can become your loyal customer

I am absolutely sure, that there is no increase in any workload which is mentioned in the above summary.

We are confident that In a long run, the buying experience will win all the way
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Navin,

Thanks for posting on this thread and suggesting that the Option A is the best.

But the New Feedback Policy is playing havoc with many of the Sellers and they are forced to change their strategy.

You may refer the POST No. 2 of assemblerz where by he has switched from Option A to Option C after the launch of New Feedback Policy.

How can a Seller provide a good buying experience when a meare NEUTRAL can spoil his reputation.

Few Neutrals can throw a Seller out of ebay Business.

Would request Co-Sellers to keep on posting their views truthfully so that we can show a clear picture to ebay.

A ...... B ....... or ....... C ....... ?????

You may also mention as to what all changes you expect on site for you to change from Option B or Option C ..... to Option A. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
The new Feedback policy makes it difficult to be a Power-Seller thus raising the bar of service and quality.

The neutrals being considered negative by TnS during SNP is the worst part of eBay since years. Here with the new feedback policy everyday increasing number of sellers are being restricted by Tns action.

While other sites are trying to encourage sales and increase activity eBay is affecting genuine sellers. Again this has for years been a drawback!

Though the new feedback policy is good, I would again repeat (for the 4th time I guess) - the success of this policy would depend on TnS actions.

The claims process is one of the worst processes. Without any warning / consultation the claims are closed in favor of the buyers. This is really sad. eBay appears as a unreal entity due to its operations. A single call to both the buyer and seller before passing any claim is necessary.

Coming back to the ABC... I believe select A and hope for the best. The buyers who want to give a -ve will give it without any hesitation and feat. Instead leave a voluntary feedback for other buyers and make sure some of them reciprocate with a +ve (increasing your % score).

Regards

TechiE

TechiE
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
I vote for C

Seller should just forget about this FB system and truthfully & sincerly work for a good buying experience for his Buyer.

Freinds most of us are succesfully engaged with eBay for many years . I am thankfull to the Plateform eBay has offered to promote our business worldwide . There is not a single other service provider which can bring us all these world class services at present .

We all have already cried a lot at the time of introduction of New Paisapay system . Same now seems to have been settelled to a great extent . Similar way I believe we all will get accustomed to new Feedback System also in due cource .

Pehle admi pareshan hota hai...... Dheere dheere use pareshan rehne ki adat par jati hai .....:-D

So let us enjoy this phase also and hope for the best . Let all the worries be left for eBay Staff whose salaries and jobs are at risk if there is any drop in sales of their selling machines ( Sellers)........ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Narinder ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Dear Navin Mistry,
Your post is an example of copy paste. Its only good for lifestyle products, but not good for tech products. Buyers of tech products know what they want at what price.

When you actually sell on ebay and earn Rs. 100 and then you get a neutral feedback which spoils your reputation , than it hurts. Rather than helping the buyer, seller will not bother once he gets the unwanted feedback as there is no option to remove the feedback.
On ebay.in I have seen sellers are doing loss and trying to get feedback. Hence ebay.in is at its initial stages where sellers are still gearing up. In USA there are many sellers having feedbacks above 5000. For them this policy is ok. In India I beleive avg feedback of sellers will be below 100.

1- Acknowledgement call & email to the buyers post receipt of the payment including PaisaPay

We do that.

(Seller treating buyers with courtesy of โ€˜Good Morn you have called ABC, May I help youโ€

Not required.

2- A dedicated line for customer calls.(Remember: handling customer calls may also require different skill sets)

Expensive idea, not for small sellers.

3- Shipping the right product post quality check
(Ensuring product is checked n tested before shipping)

Buyers want item seal packed, hence question of checking does not arise.

4- Neat & clean packaging of the item with a personalized letter to the customers. (A personalized letter delights the buyer & can be used effectively to reduce neutral/negative from the impulse buyer)

Letter were given when I used to get ebay letterheads. Now since last 3 months I am not getting any stickers nor tapes nor letterheads.

5- Emailing shipping details post entering into eBay systems. Calling the buyers or SMS with dispatch details

SMS not for small sellers, other details given.

(Emailing of shipping details helps the buyer to know upfront, There are buyers who may be not is a position to check emails daily, hence a call or sms may help them)

6- Improve the packaging/delivery material, remember parcel received as a gift wrap delight the customer more than mere sent in a brown paper packaging

Packing done in ebay plastic covers( very few left as never got any new stocks from ebay even I am eligible and Inderneel knows it). Once courier picks up , no control of packing. Gift wrapping not ment for small customers and also address change in case of gift is risky in case of any charge back.

(Line itself is a self explanatory)

7-Stay calm and keep an open mind in all your contacts with buyers. When treated with courtesy and consideration, even the most disgruntled individual can become your loyal customer

Buyers sort for the cheapest item on ebay.
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Relating the same example: In an offline world, it is salespersons duty to says "thank you first" when customer makes the payment & not the other way around.

In offline world there is no notice board of feedbacks outside store which contains any complaints. In case of any complaints the store owner directs the customer to the service center of the Manufacturer. Hence they can say Thank you first.
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

hi!

I would like to add another option D

D = Rate the buyer positive if the transaction goes smoothly and the buyer does not create any problem in the transaction regardless the buyer leaves a positive or not.

Just to pay for the item is not everything.

Regards
Shuaib
Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 10 of 34
latest reply