cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paid for Item thru PayPal but shipment recieved with open box and item miss

harp_31
Community Member
Hi All!I buy used apple iphone from Ebay.ca and paid through paypal.as per seller status item was shipped thr USPS first class mail international on 2 july and amazingly fast I recieved the box today on 5-july through postman but to my horrorbox was open and Iphone missing just charger and headset was there.I refused to accept the box.Pls let me know what r my options now as I have paid in full also as per seller this mail does not have tracking facility.Pls help anyone
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

harp_31
Community Member
@all,Is there a way one can held them responsible or proove their fault.otherwise just imagine how easily these people might be taking valuable items with them everyday without anybody questioning them!
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@harp_31...
As I mentioned earlier, CCTV cameras can do a wonderful job when it comes to opening of parcels. In countries like America, every inspection work is done under camera. From police interrogation to counting of bank notes, all are documented.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Hi,
When I was selling stones my first job was a hefty 110$ order from US. Since then I shipped thousands of INR worth of gemstones. Nothing happened.
Germany is best destination.
But this allegation about indian customs is a new development. But, just tell me this, does it really happen?
Let the buyer complain to the post office and let the truth be out. Indian post offices are renowned for hundreds of years for their services since the days of Bishop Mark.
Let us not blame guys who are may be just innocent.
Thanks,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

nesher9
Community Member
Yeah the best thing is to notify both the PP and Ebay
about non reciept of Item ,

If everything fails i suggest you in worse scenario to
Dispute the PP transaction through your credit card company

in the above Attempt you may end up with your hard earned
cash but will be loose the PP account.

Either of the ways end of the way its not your responsibility for LOST of ITEM in shipping as there are extra measures the buyers could take on INSURING the shipment with its details.

So go ahead in one of the way and claim your Money back.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

harp_31
Community Member
@all.thanks for your replies and suggestions.I have already raised issue with paypal but how to raise it with ebay because when you do so they ultimately transfer you to paypa site only.Also i have lodged written complaint at my postoffice also one online complaint at their site.No reply from anyone so far.Seller is acting strange first he was not ready to believe that i actually got the packet in 4 days then he started blaming me for not buying insurance from him for 5$ and now he wants no communication on this and just wait for paypal decision.Weird isn't it.Also I just escalated the issue to paypal that was brief whereas he sent detailed reply now how can i let paypal know about all these things as i don't know how to contact them.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@harp_31...
When you are buying an item like apple iphone, you should have bought insurance. Tell me what can the Seller do now, since he has already shipped the item but it is now stuck somewhere or may be lost. I know how much a $5 amount means to you but now you may have to spend more than that in order to trace it. Anyway, keep posting it here.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

harp_31
Community Member
@spl_ind. This was my first transaction overseas and I was unaware about the services offered also insurance thing was optional.and not going for option doesn't means that you will not recieve item.the seller who ships internationaly must be aware about all these things thereore instead of making insurance optional he should have made it mandatory and i would have happily paid him 5$.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
@harp_31

i am regular buyer outside country's & i am also seller

Follow the Best Way Of Buying from outside country's

1) fist of all never buy high value items from them.

2) if you buy also, buy with "USPS priority mail service" with insurance, with this mode you can track you item also if incase item lost you will get your money back, in this mode buyer & seller are safe.

USPS first class mail service is non traceable mode & you cannot track your item.

seller also should not send high value items with USPS first class mail Without insurance.

very often its happened to every one, this courier people & postman's open & take high value item's & they repack again & give delivery,

if you make a complaint also in Post office they not help you, because its send via normal mode / USPS first class mail,

in this case seller has no fault but he has to tell buyer that to take insurance necessary for high value item

both buyer & seller have done mistake

always follow those steps you will not get any problem

take care

Best Regards from lakshmi
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
@harp_31

i am regular buyer outside country's & i am also seller

Follow the Best Way Of Buying from outside country's

1) fist of all never buy high value items from them.

2) if you buy also, buy with "USPS priority mail service" with insurance, with this mode you can track you item also if incase item lost you will get your money back, in this mode buyer & seller are safe.

USPS first class mail service is non traceable mode & you cannot track your item.

seller also should not send high value items with USPS first class mail Without insurance.

very often its happened to every one, this courier people & postman's open & take high value item's & they repack again & give delivery,

if you make a complaint also in Post office they not help you, because its send via normal mode / USPS first class mail,

in this case seller has no fault but he has to tell buyer that to take insurance necessary for high value item

both buyer & seller have done mistake

always follow those steps you will not get any problem

take care

Best Regards from lakshmi
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

dppandya21
Community Member
?:|
hi when ever you buy ask your seller to send the artical through ems only if it is high value then you see that it is insured
i am also victim of the same i had been given the number of usps which seller says it is expidited but when i traced it was not so seller from us make money from shipping also so rediculous
hence when you make your payment via paypal do a condition of ems or refund, then only send the parcel or reject the transaction to be in safe side.
i had purchased black berry storm my tracking number is LJ647348024US who know where the parcel went?
Message 20 of 21
latest reply