cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need eBay BPP Cover - this is the last resort!

akaggrwl
Community Member
I've always maintained that eBay is a good place to shop till things don't go the way you want them to, and that is where you realize that the BUYERS ARE NOT PROTECTED AT ALL!

Anyways i purchased
Item: BOSE in-ear headphones Brand New Box pack (110331172392) - Paisapay ID: 23387491725
from eBay seller "dwishaaenterprise" and got a fake Rs. 50 set of earphones for the Rs. 1250 i had paid. All communication to the seller was in vain and finally after 48 hours i left him a negative. This was also followed by negative from other buyers clearly showing that he cheated a lot of people.

Anyways had to wait 10 days to file "item not as described" dispute > waited another 10 days and escalated it to a claim since the seller did not respond > received a message from eBay saying i will be contacted within 7 days.

Today, it has been more than 45 days since and i am yet to hear from the Trust and Safety team or anybody at eBay. I've sent mails, chatted on LiveHelp various times, escalated this to the whoever they escalate this to but nothing has changed > it seems that eBay DOES NOT have a Buyer Protection Program.

Anyways, the best part is that the seller currently has a feedback score of 9 (66.7% positive) and he's just changed his ID and is selling without any blocks on his account so eBay is allowing sellers like this to sell. This is the seller's new ID - http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rupeen2009&ftab=AllFeedback

Way to go eBay - I'm a long time buyer with 100% positive feedback and you don't help me buy allow a cheat seller with 66.7% positive feedback to sell just because he's paying you fees - BRAVO INDEED!

It seems the only way, a buyer can get justice on eBay is by blackmailing and extorting from honest long-time sellers who are concerned about their feedback. It's no wonder then, that so many sellers complain of this since it's probably just burnt buyers who have figured out how the system works and are trying to get their money's worth.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I dont know , why buyer dont think !!

you cannot buy an original bose earphone less then 4-5 thousands
if someone is offering you in 20-25% in price then it must be a 50rs. itsm . its so simple
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

THIS IS NOT GOOD TREND
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

akaggrwl
Community Member
Actually I was concerned that it's most probably a fake (in spite of the seller having replied to my query that it wasn't) but I made the mistake of assuming that if something goes wrong, I'm protected by eBay so I have nothing to lose except some time.

Sadly, I've learnt my lesson the hard way and turns out all that talk about Paisapay being the safest way to shop online is just hot air. I could have understood if this was an one-off incident but this seller has 5 negatives for fake earphones so it should be a no-brainer for eBay to see what this seller's doing and take some action.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

akaggrwl
Community Member
Waiting for someone from eBay to read this and do something. . .
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear akaggrwl,

I understand that you have been an asset to the community and an excellent eBayer all this while since 2007 and we thank you for your contribution to the marketplace.

From your post I do understand that your recent transaction was an unfortunate one and we would do our best to keep your faith and trust in our systems going.

I've escalated your case to the concerned team and I'm sure that they would do best to resolve your issues.

Just a final word before I end this post...
All buyers are safe and protected on eBay!!

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

akaggrwl
Community Member
Same old story - finally got a reply from ebay soon after Indraneel posted here. Mailed all the required information requested by eBay on the 6th of April and was told it would take 3-4 days to process the claim. Again, I've never heard back from them to date.

Today it's been 20 days hence and 110 days from my original date of purchase for what is fairly obvious case of fraud (see all the links I've posted) and I'm yet to receive any justice.

@Indraneel I understand as an eBay representative you want us to believe that buyers are protected, but can you really call this buyer protection? More than 110 days since my purchase and I have had no help from eBay so far - the seller's feedback score is a joke and clearly shows he's a cheat but still eBay allows him to go about his business - would you ever buy anything expensive from a site that delivers such buyer protection??

I read so often of other buyers going through what I'm going through and sadly those guys have bought mobile phones and other expensive stuff only to be cheated, first by the seller and then by eBay's "claimed" BPP. Good thing I've only lost 1000 odd rupees and now i know better.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I feel this is outrageous. With BPP in place a buyer has to wait and beg for justice for 110 days is just ridiculous.

With due respect to Mr. Indraneel who has been very helpful on most occasions, I feel is helpless this time and if someone now takes up the matter with consumer court or media then Mr. Indraneel should not feel offended or insulted as the buyer has waited for 110 days.

Mind you it is not a matter of Rs.1000/- it is matter of principle that one is fighting for and it is upto ebay to take a firm stand and show the buyers that ebay really cares about them. After 150-200 days the issue might get resolved but then justice delayed is justice denied and we all know that. Just my 2 bit worth.
========================== Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
If you have not yet received your refund from PaisaPay then this is really bad. I just could not imagine, you have to wait for more than 3 months. What is PaisaPay team doing? Having a holiday? It is a shame. That is why I only sell on eBay. I do not have the courage to buy. After reading so many cases of cheating and fraud being done to the buyers, I am really little afraid of buying.

I think you did the right thing by paying via PaisaPay. At least you have the feeling that you might get your money back some day.

If you feel you have been cheated & denied justice then you should take this matter to court. Consult a good lawyer and follow his advice.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

akaggrwl
Community Member
I'm glad that people realize that it's not about the money - I don't care much about the money I lost but I'm appalled by the fact that it is almost impossible to get eBay BPP cover.
I hope any eBay official reading this realizes that its a matter of principal. I don't have the time or the motivation to pursue legal means for such a small amount of money - I just want to check whether Paisapay purchases are really protected or not - so far it's not looking good for eBay.

I guess most would agree that my case is pretty simple. Just one look at the seller's feedback and the number of negatives is enough to tell you that I indeed received a fake item. The fact that I'm still waiting for justice after 110 days just makes we wonder what happens to buyers whose situation is not so straight forward.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply