Importing From USA

mhir9778
Community Member
Dear all,

I would like to buy 2 gold rings from a seller in the USA which i like very much.The seller want to send by USPS Insured .

But i am very afraid regarding the import procedure here in Mumbai,

For this i approached the LOCAL GPO ,the SPEED POST guys at the GPO here dont have any info regarding the import procedure ,

After contacting FEDEX DHL they also seems dont have any solutions .

Can any one help me regarding this .

Many thanks
Regards
Miheer.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Importing From USA

himanshuatreja
Community Member
Miheer i recommend you dont buy at least gold from ebay.com . There is high chances of the item getting stolen during the customs checks !

For electronics good restrict yourself to below Rs.10000 .

Private courier services like DHL / UPS / TNT are preferred services for international deals , though USPS is not that bad .

I have ordered arnd 5 goods from US ( ONLY ELECTRONICS )and have recieved them in gud condition.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Importing From USA

griffinax
Community Member
Never use USPS, personal expierience 😉
There is an Internation Priority service by FedEx.
Assuming that the rings wont weigh over 1 Kg., it wont cost alot.

I ordered an Ipod skin from CA on 2nd dec. and they shipped it with the Priority Service of FedEx, it already reached the mumbai FedEx office today. They assure fast secure service 😉 just a bit costly, but as the item you're getting shipped is worth alot more then the shipping costs, I think it will be best for you 😛

http://fedex.com/us/services/intl/priority.html

Hope it helps you deciding.

PS: USPS is basically govt. service, I wouldnt recommend it even with insurance 😉
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Importing From USA

haryana_sale
Community Member
i suggest you not to buy gold reings from usa.because indian coustoms are not honest.thankyou
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Importing From USA

wills.vimal
Community Member
Fedex is good
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Importing From USA

renjithmg100
Community Member
If I buy a graphic card that seem much cheaper in U.S.A. do I need to pay any duty here.If it cost me around 20,000 what might be the duty???
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Importing From USA

venkatpradeepb
Community Member
himan,

but have you paid any taxes / duty fee for the items you bought?

do we need to pay vat/duty fee only for new items or even for used ones... if yes, how much it'll be??
Message 7 of 7
latest reply