cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baazee is not doing justice to buyers_beware

mukki2001
Community Member
I would like to share the pain i have gone through, thanks to one stupid seller (baazee id: manishrohra) and the biggie, baazee team.

I, like a fool, bought nokia mobile worth 11000 from manishrohra and paid thro credit card on 16th dec 2004.
Guys, would u belive, what i experienced:
1. Seller never sent a single mail to me and never replied.
2. Seller's phone was never working, so i could never speak to him.
3. i lodged many complaints with baazee, but they havent responded yet.
4. It's almost 2 months and i havent heard from baazee or the seller.
5. I got my credit card bill for 11000 k for a product which i never received, thanks to baazee and the fake seller manishrohra. I wish, i could trace him out.
6. i am so pissed off with baazee.
7. baazee doesnt have a customer care number where u can call them. wow, isnt that a news. being one of the largest auction site india, with NO customer care number. Now this is just too greatto bear.

Now, after seeing my pain, if baazee has little bit of humanity left(sorry for the cute words im using), please explain me why this is happening and will i get my refund back?
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Baazee is not doing justice to buyers_beware

kimmiz_choice
Community Member
WHY DONT U APPRAOCH THE CONSUMER FORUM + FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE LOCAL POLICE AGAINST THE SELLER..? I TOO HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SELLER IN jUNE! thank fully there was one Mr. sandeep from Baazee who helped out!
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

eda_guy
Community Member
can anyone update on this issue. was it resolved?
Message 3 of 41
latest reply

I read somewhere in this Forum a indignant comment by a Baazee staff that they read all posts.

They seem to be confirmig that they only read it, but dont act.

I thinkj you should file a compaint with the police and take Paisa Pay to court.
Message 4 of 41
latest reply

bow_to_the_devil
Community Member
I am facing the same problem with BAAZEE.
Have already paid the seller 1 month ago and till date have not herd anything from the seller not even a mail.
Even the Baazee team is not doing anything....
THIS IS MY LAST WARNING TO BAAZEE.
IF I DONT GET ANY HELP FROM THEM I WILL FILE A CASE IN THE CONSUMER COURT.
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

1jeet
Community Member
I had purchased 7 nos. Sony USB Pen Drives from Bazee (order ID : 2655659) for Rs. 14760.72. , against which I have been supplied with fake counterfeit products in old and crumbled Sony packing. The seller (ID: nand65) never replied to my calls and his mail bounced back. I reported this problem immediately to Baazee (many a time, since 20th of January), but didnโ€™t get any response. I wrote to 'communitywatch@baazee.com'; 'fraudwatch@baazee.com'; 'service@baazee.com'; 'paymentdetails@baazee.com' directly, so that the payment is not cleared. I got a reply requesting me to post the problem again through their procedures that I had tried many a times. On going through the procedure again, only additional thing that happened was the seller could see the negative rating (which also did not work before, it seems) and posted his reply saying these are original Sony drives and it was opened by the courier. He also changed the positive rating he had given me to negative. In the meantime my credit card was charged by Baazee. To my dismay, even after several reminders and sending them the Buyer Protection Form, till date no action has been taken by Baazee! I have shown the products to people at Sony India, who suggested immediate legal action against both Baazee and the Seller and offered all help in this regard. As I am traveling quite frequently, I wished that Baazee sorts out the problem before reaching court, but it seems the officials there are least bothered.
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

smitisud
Community Member
HERE IS A THREAD FROM AN OLD POST
REST ASSURED NEVER GOT RESOLVED - TILL I WAS CALLING AND WRITING ON THE BOARD BAAZEE WAS RESPONDING. Buyer Protection has time limitation of 60 days and when this date was over Baazee conveniently responded that I should resolve this directly with the seller.

smitisud (+5:1:1-) Deal with Baazee and at Baazee at your own risk
Buyer beware does not stand more true than this site. Athough the amount is question is small it has served as a good lesson on the practises of Baazee.

1. I bid for a CD for P800 applications and ringtones etc. (As I dont want this to be treated as gossip - details are Item Id: 27872268 Order Id: 2372012 Seller Id: abagla)
2. Pay the seller immediately and seller promptly acknowledges payment sends Nokia CD.
3. Wrong CD delivered - problem reported to seller and to Baazee
4. Seller responds privately to rectify and request for rating to be changed
5. However on the rating refuses to acknowledge problem and writes that other users are using it with the P800.
6. Does not acknowledge any mails. So I post a query where he is still selling to P800 users which he respond vigrously and angrily.
7. Baazee Community Care comes into action after I report that the Seller is selling illegal Software. I get a mail from Baazee saying that they have reviewed the dispute and understand it to be the mistake of the seller. The mail asks the CD to be returned to the Seller.
8. As I have no use for this I return the CD. (I should have actually turned this in as evidence).
9. Negative rating of the Seller is changed to neutral and seller changes my rating to negative.
10. Now Baazee responds that I should contact the seller only. Does not acknowledge the report of illegal software. Does not acknowledge any further mails.
11. I am writing this post to see if the System in Baazee works or is it a place for crooks. The Nasscom and Software Community has stood solidly behind Baazee in the recent MMS saga. Baazee is offering good payback by being the platform for pirated software.

I am not interested in the product or the money. They are trivial however I do want to hear how has it been possible for the seller to acheive all this? . The seller has always been very confident of the outcome - Please refer to his posting on the queries I asked about the product he is selling.
2004-12-22 23:16:51

nanditadg (+3:1:0-) Nothing strange
Unfortunate Buyer,

Well baazee is a platform for selling illegal and pirated stuff by bunch of cheap seller. Infact very few sellers are have business ethics, most of them are fraud. And e-commerce shopping platform thru baazee has helped those sellers to sell practically anything on baazee. Be it pirated software, games, telephones, electronic gadgets, DVD, VCD .. Infact few days after the MMS scandal I had posted here, stating that there are lots of Adult video openly sold in baazee under the name of Adult videos. Now I can see its removed. !!

If it were in any other developed country baazee would have been sued long time back.
I too had terrible experience with baazee. I had purchased two products , when I gave negetive feedback on seller , the seller never responded, and one fine day baazee removed my negetive rating from the site also stating that "problem is resolved"
Beleive me if you want to play your luck then only buy thru baazee, most of times you will be cheated. I am not saying all sellers are bad, but bottomline is that baazee has not accountability for whatever you buy or sell.
I wish indian laws become more strict someday and such sites & sellers should get sued by consumers . Its better to go to a shop any buy stuff , even tele marketing services are better like Asian sky shop or telebrand, they usually will not cheat you.

2004-12-23 14:02:28
nanditadg (+3:1:0-) Email to Nasscom
For selling pirated stuff , best option can be to complaint to Nasscom . You can detail your case here , I beleive its a valid case. Their email ID is .
antipiracy@nasscom.org
2004-12-23 14:21:48
smitisud (+6:1:1-) Re: Email to Nasscom
Many thanks. I think I should copy that to the Delhi Police.
2004-12-23 14:37:54
BaazeeTeam (No Ratings) Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Rajat,

We thank you for your Cafe Posting.

We have established contact with the seller and the seller has agreed to refund the amount to you. Further the seller has also provided us with the refund details ,"Name of Bank: HSBC Bank, Kolkata Branch,Cheque no.: 261316" and the same will be despatched to you by tomorrow.

Further we would like to inform you that your rating has been edited to positive in our system.

We thank you for spotting this problem regarding pirated item being listed by the seller. We have closed the items and have taken this issue up with the seller.

Should you have any further clarifications do get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Warm Regards

Cymona Pereira
Baazee Community Protection
2004-12-23 15:44:26
smitisud (+7:1:0-) Re: Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Many thanks for the response.
That was quick. I notice that the seller's posting on the P800 has disappeared. But the seller is still selling the same item it under the Nokia listing.

I will update the forum on successful resolution.

2004-12-23 19:18:06
BaazeeTeam (No Ratings) Email to Nasscom
Dear Rajat,

We thank you for your cafe posting.

We wish to inform you that we have closed the items listed by the seller: abagla.

Thanking you for your participation in helping us to provide a safe trading platform.

Warm Regards
Namrata Amin

2004-12-24 15:41:54
smitisud (+7:1:0-) Re: Email to Nasscom
No refund has been received and no communication also received from the Seller. Still waiting.........
2004-12-25 12:13:31
BaazeeTeam (No Ratings) Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Ms.Rajat ,

Further to our telephonic conversation we would like to inform you that you would receive the refund of Rs.99/- from the seller:abagla shortly.

Incase of prolonged delay kindly get in touch with us.

Warm Regards

Cymona Pereira
2004-12-27 15:01:49
smitisud (+8:1:2-) Re: Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Ms. Cymona,

I have been awaiting his payment since last year. How long do you think would his payment which was to reach me shortly take.

Still waiting,

Happy New Year ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr. Rajat
2005-01-01 01:39:35
BaazeeTeam (No Ratings) Re: Re: Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Smiti,

With reference to your complaint regarding Order Id : 2372012,we would like inform you that we will establish contact with the seller and we will keep you updated with the status of the same.

We look forward for your co-operation.

We value your patronage and look forward to seeing you as a regular buyer on the site.

Warm Regards

Jyoti Anchalkar

2005-01-01 18:51:57
smitisud (6) Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Community Care,

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK SINCE YOUR ABOVE POST. CLEARLY YOUR EFFORT WITH THE SELLER ARE NOT WORKING. HE HAS SIMPLY VANISHED AS MANY OTHER BAAZEE SELLERS. I HAVE FOUR ORDER WHERE PRODUCT DELIVERY HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED. SURPRISINGLY YOU CHANGE PROBLEM RESOLUTIONS AUTOMATICALLY FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

LET US SEE HOW YOUR MUCH TOUTED BUYER PROTECTION PROGRAM WORKS.

REGARDS,

RAJAT
2005-01-06 08:36:54
BaazeeTeam (No Ratings) Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Email to Nasscom
Dear Smiti,

We thank you for your cafe posting.

As per our telephonic conversation, we request you to refer to our detailed mail from disputes@baazee.com. We take this opportunity to thank you for your patient wait in this instance.

We value your patronage and urge you to treat this as an exceptional occurrence.

Do get back to us in case of further clarifications.

Warm Regards

Jyoti Anchalkar
Baazee Community Protection.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

mindme_in1
Community Member
Hi,

I have a different problem. I have purchased a replica watch from "Premiercollections" in July, 2004. I was given a warranty for 1 year on manufacturing problems by seller.

Now seller is blacklisted, he doesn't operates from his shop wherein I have the receipt and watch is not working. I have lodged complain on bazee for more than a month but no reply from them.

It looks like bazee is not interested in resolving buyers problems. If there would have been smallest inclination then least bazee forum would have sent a received mail.

Now how bazee will give justice to my problem I don't know? These problems are leading me to stop purchasing from bazee.

Regds,
Shrinivas
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

kimmiz_choice
Community Member
finally someone who agrees with me that manish rohra was a fraud. i had screamed hoarse that hez a fake, some 7 months ago when i did the mistake of purchasing a Nokia 7610. he said product was dispatched etc..but ir ecievd no product. but then i asked for the consignment note number and he had no option but to send the product, since i wrote a registered letter to him on my letterhead. finally we had several abusive telehpone calls between us..all through baazee didnt help out. but since i had the telephone number of baazee, i contacted a certain mr. Sandeep who helped a lot, contacted the seller etc. i suggest that any person who wants to buy on baazee, become a member of a ALL india Consumer Forum Association, that is CONSUMER VOICE - VOLUNTARY ORGANISATION IN THE INTEREST OF CONSUMERS and make baazee a party too!
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

smitisud
Community Member
THERE ARE MANY SUPER SELLERS WHO ARE FRAUDS. BAAZEE IS FRAUD SITE. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD INVESTIGATE ALL SELLERS FOR SELLING WITHOUT PAYING TAXES. IT IS A HAVEN FOR SMUGGLED AND STOLEN GOODS.
Message 10 of 41
latest reply