BUYING ON EBAY IS NOT SAFE

isangita
Community Member
THIS IS MY FIRST THAT I BID AND WON 2 JEWELLERY ITEMS FROM IGEMS - THESE GUYS HAVE NEITHER DELIVERED AND NOR DO THEY RESPOND. EBAY ALSO HAS A TOTAL LAID BACK ATTITUDE - WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN ATTITUDE.
I DEMAND A REFUND - EBAY ALSO HAS NOT RESPONDED TO THE DISPUTES I HAVE FILED IN.
NEVER EVER TRUST YOUR MONEY ON SUCH PORTALS.
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

sudipmaitra
Community Member
I agree with you regarding the careless attitude of ebay. Earlier on baazee.com the management was very efficient and responded to all mails they also helped in settlement of disputes. I have written several mails to vendors and they just dont care enough to reply.

I have now transferred Rs.6650 to a Mumbai vendor's bank account for a camera which I bid for and won. The damn fellow does not care to reply to my emails at all. Now Im afraid if I will get the camera that I have won.

Surely, ebay cannot disown its responsibility to its customers.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

reddynkr
Community Member
I also magree with you. I paid through Paisa Pay account which is supposed to be safe transaction. The supplier supplied faulty item and when complained he replaced the same iten by adding a small sticker on it. As it was not working, I returned and raised dispute which is registered by ebay. After 2 weeks when I checked the status of the dispute, it was closed. I donot have any communication. It was impossible to send e mail to disputes section. May be I am less knowledgable with computers. Now I am waiting for E Bays reply.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

bookshop2508
Community Member
Hey man I'm sorry to hear about your plight in this case. Even I feel that eBay is more seller oriented and we buyers don't have any RIGHTS on eBay.

If asked for refund then we get told that resolve issue amicably with your seller. This is nothing but load of B.S.:-(
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

tapas_x
Community Member
Policy of e-bay

Items which are not significantly different from the item description.
The term Significantly can be stretched too far.

Items paid for with cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or any form of payment that cannot be documented.
In a country like India, where more than 70% of payments (by number, not by amount) is in cash, its highly recommended to formulate a procedure to document or resolve any such transaction made relating to e-bay.

Items damaged or lost in shipping.
Does it mean that the Buyer is responsible for the Shipment! Ridiculus!!!

Double or over-payment.
O.K.
Merchandise which has been altered, repaired, discarded or resold by the buyer.
O.K.

Items which are picked up or delivered in person.
Items which are picked up or delivered by person are far more secure as they are seen & verified on spot. Hence, if the person taking delivery is satisfied only then he is obliged to pay and once he paid the transaction is over, if there is no after sales service/ warranty provision.

Intangible items (for example, online game items).
O.K.
Any other cost, other than Item Price like shipping cost, insurance and packaging charges
Again ridiculus!!!! For an item of Rs. 51.00 the Delivery (in city) cost, say, Rs.250.00 is abnormal. Any anomaly like this shows that the site itself is not well informed or organised. You never grow by pressurising the consumer.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Well Buyers say Buying is not safe.
I hear Sellers sayign Selling is not safe.

Buyers say ebay is seller oriented
sellers say ebay is a buyers market

Actually speakign neither sellers nor buyers are haveing aa great time. the only one profiting is ebay.
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

I don't agree with
all of u . I m having a great time on Ebay. It all depends with which buyer or
seller u r interacting with.

touch_and_shine

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Seller on Ebay.in

user posted image

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

shashanka_br
Community Member
EBay has some serious defects.

I had placed an order for an mp3 player on a "buy it now" basis on 30.8.05 I received the winning bid confirmation immediately and was asked to complete the payment. I made the payment on 31.8.05. Here's the kicker -
on 01.09.05, I got a mail from ebay saying that the seller was "suspended" and that all results of the auction were "null and void"!!! My cheque had already cleared by then! The seller is unresponsive..Since he's been suspended, I cant even give him negative feedback! THe jokers at ebay Customer Support want me to "resolve it amicably with the seller" What crap and bullshit!!
EBAY IS A FRAUD!!!!!!! By suspending the seller, they are punishing the buyers!!!!!
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

shashanka_br
Community Member
btw, the seller referred to in the post below was a "power seller" who sold more than 400+ pieces.

The seller who cheated me is allied_electronic AKA rimshas AKA "SA Masood" AKA "SM Shaikh". Please be very careful when dealing on ebay
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

r.i.s.h.i
Community Member
dear,

buying as well as selling is safe and easy on eBay. All you need to do is to check out the member's feedback before dealing with them. Their feedback will give u an idea of that member's reputation on the site. This will help u in taking decision whether they are worth dealing with or not!:-)
--

Luv,

Rishi

><(((ยบ>`ยท.ยธยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท...ยธ><(((ยบ>

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!

--

Luv,

Rishi

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!