Upcoming Promotions!!!

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,
As you would know, we continuously strive to identify and highlight the best deals available on our site to our buyers. We keep on receiving a lot of promotion ideas which we try to factor into our merchandising plans. Some of the examples of the kind of promotions we have successfully done in the recent past are “Summer 2006” for Apparel & Accessories and the “Digicams below Rs. 2000/- offers”.

We would like to do many more of these promotions and would like ideas from all our sellers. Do post on the best deals (doesn’t need to have all details) that any of you have and we will try to incorporate the best of them into our merchandising plans.

At the same time, we are planning to re-introduce the “Top Picks” block that was extremely popular for low value impulse purchase products (below Rs. 200/-) in Baazee. Just a refresher – in the Top Picks block on Baazee, we used to promote the items which had the most no of sales.

In the proposed Top Picks block, we would like to promote items listed with Home Page feature. The other conditions which we would consider for items to be selected to be promoted in the Top Picks block are
1) The product line / listing must already have a very high no of sales
2) The listing should have zero or very low shipping charges
3) The listing should have Paisa Pay as one of the payment methods
4) The item price should be Rs. 199/- or below
5) The categories which we will be promoting are Apparel & Accessories, Home & Tools, Health & Beauty, Watches, Mobile Accessories and Costume Jewelry. We have selected only these product lines as they have worked the best in the past. However, we will keep on experimenting to include a more broader bouquet of products.

Do reply to this post in case you would be interested in participating in any of the above mentioned promotions and we will get in touch with you.

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Upcoming Promotions!!!

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi DJ

Thats a good decision. I am sure this will give a fillip to some good-quality, low-value products!

I would like to be a part of it. Please get in touch with me with further details.

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

garment.store
Community Member
Hi.
i feel As it is raining you should Promote my giving umbrella also.
A camera will attract people.But I think by giving a more economic product you can give it to more people and will attract more people to buy again.

Babu
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

Excellent Idea.

I would like to be a part of this promotion.

I hope it will push the Sales North.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

anikay2004
Community Member
hi
very nice idea.
i wud like to participate ,as i hav lota of low priced items with zero shipping charges. please get bac to me with the details
thanx
anikay
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

9-2-9-deals
Community Member
HI
GOOD IDEA TO PROMOTE GOOD SALES THIS IS REALLY GOING TO WORK WELL. PLS GET IN TOUCH WITH ME SOON.

REGARDS,
9-2-9-DEALS
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

hello,
Thats such a cool idea from ebay. I really appreciate there efforts for promoting buyer.
I have got things which would be most cheapest on ebay.
Waiting for your response

thanking you
Sindon jewels
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

Hello DJ,

As earlier I had pointed out, there should not be any limit on the value of the products for the promotion.

If a 199/- products sells 10 nos. in a day and a 999/- products sells only 2 nos., the value generated will be the same.

I beleive you should not limit yourself to Rs.199/-. If there has to be a limit it should be atleast Rs.999/-

Devesh
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

Thats such a cool idea from ebay. I really appreciate there efforts for promoting buyer.
I have got things which would be most cheapest on ebay.in
:-D
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Upcoming Promotions!!!

cramstergear
Community Member
Please get in touch, I have a bundle of things I'd like to get rid of.

Kj
Message 10 of 27
latest reply