Trick to avoid "Submitt POD" issue

Now a days seller getting frustrated with lot of issues in eBay, one of them is "Submit POD". Even there is no complaint or dispute from the buyer and after conforming the "item receipt" eBay strangely asks for POD!!!

Mostly the sellers who use DTDC are facing such problems. Getting a POD back to Ur location takes a lot of time(but eBay gives a time line to submit, its like we done "something wrong") they won't care even if U tell that "the pod takes at least 20-40 days to get back.

++++++++++++++++++ THE TRICK ++++++++++++++++++++++===

Well its not something illegal or inventive

1) example if U shipping something like mobile, computer stuff or anything that contains documents like "manual, read me, software cds etc" along with the main package

2)Just separate that "manual or what ever which must be low cost and light in weight"

3)Then pack this "manual or light stuff" and the rest separately like two packages and attach address labels and stuff

4)Now ship that "light package or manual" through SPEED POST and the rest package as U like which is the main package(DTDC,DHL, etc)

5)Now enter the shipping details in eBay of the "SPEED POST" only, don't enter the main package docket details that U sent through private provider like DTDC

5)Finally tell the buyer nicely that "I packed and shipped the package through DTDC but I mistakenly forgot the manual(or anything that U separated) and immediately shipped it through SPEED POST separately, sorry for the inconvenience" and mention him the tracking details of both shipments.

Thats it U done. Ebay won't dare to ask U to submit the POD from India Post becoz they never have any. But this might not work with "brand new sealed" items.

But U may have to spend 30-40Rs extra for SPEED POST, but it worth it to avoid all the hassles in submitting the POD. And don't forgot to pack both things carefully.

Hope it works
With pleasure
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@ 26-11

I'll make sure to avoid buying from you or from other user-ids that might be yours, after reading your post.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

watchesforindia
Community Member
What a stupid way of doing business.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

devkumar2011
Community Member
May be but too hard. But Submitting POD is that much problem..?
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

devkumar2011
Community Member
May be but too hard. But Submitting POD is that much problem..?
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

devkumar2011
Community Member
I will keep it in mind becoz I am selling something here.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Dont do it. Be straight forward, come what may.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

My experience in submiting POD for the first time
----------------------------------------------------------
Well just before few hours when the "paisapay remittance", I received a mail that said me to submitt POD for item number *******. I don't know about this POD, I thought that this is something that the receipt that I got when I boocked the package(little dumb), and sent it to the paisapay team, after 4 days I received a reply that the proof is not acceptable. I chat with CC, and came to know that I had to submitt the recipt which the buyer signed when he got the package.

I immediately went to DTDC office(I know them well), they traked it & said "it takes atleast 15-20" to get the POD back to our location, sometimes we won't receive. Then I returned and said it same to CC people, they just ignored it and said "U have to submitt it today, other wise the money will be refunded and Ur paisapay account may be suspended". I begged to give me some time to sort it out, thankfully they game me 2 more days.

Again I went to DTDC, they called the branch where the POD is sitting(this is the location where the Receipent address), and he said me to contact that buyer to get a scan a copy of the POD.

I called the buyer(who got the item and signed the POD, thats the POD ebay asked) and explained everthing. Fortunately he was very happy with my item so he said "I defnetly help U don't worry", and I also said him to give that scan in 2 days time.

He went to DTDC office where the POD is sitting and somehow managed the guys in ther and got the POD and scanned it in his house and sent the image to my email and returned that POD back to DTDC.

Fianlly I got the POD and submitted exactly 12hours to end the timeline of 2 days.

I love ebay, like to sell,buy on ebay(U can say addicted). But this kind of policies are a mess and I don't know when they realize.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I am not telling U to cheat or fruad ebay, U know I had a experience that I don't want new sellers going to face and get their seller money refunded or get suspended of paisapay account and fell into depression both mentally and financially.

I am sorry if this post smells like fishy, I don't meant it.

With pleasure
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

this is not right i feel
send the parcel with good courier
Message 10 of 17
latest reply