Trick to avoid "Submitt POD" issue

Now a days seller getting frustrated with lot of issues in eBay, one of them is "Submit POD". Even there is no complaint or dispute from the buyer and after conforming the "item receipt" eBay strangely asks for POD!!!

Mostly the sellers who use DTDC are facing such problems. Getting a POD back to Ur location takes a lot of time(but eBay gives a time line to submit, its like we done "something wrong") they won't care even if U tell that "the pod takes at least 20-40 days to get back.

++++++++++++++++++ THE TRICK ++++++++++++++++++++++===

Well its not something illegal or inventive

1) example if U shipping something like mobile, computer stuff or anything that contains documents like "manual, read me, software cds etc" along with the main package

2)Just separate that "manual or what ever which must be low cost and light in weight"

3)Then pack this "manual or light stuff" and the rest separately like two packages and attach address labels and stuff

4)Now ship that "light package or manual" through SPEED POST and the rest package as U like which is the main package(DTDC,DHL, etc)

5)Now enter the shipping details in eBay of the "SPEED POST" only, don't enter the main package docket details that U sent through private provider like DTDC

5)Finally tell the buyer nicely that "I packed and shipped the package through DTDC but I mistakenly forgot the manual(or anything that U separated) and immediately shipped it through SPEED POST separately, sorry for the inconvenience" and mention him the tracking details of both shipments.

Thats it U done. Ebay won't dare to ask U to submit the POD from India Post becoz they never have any. But this might not work with "brand new sealed" items.

But U may have to spend 30-40Rs extra for SPEED POST, but it worth it to avoid all the hassles in submitting the POD. And don't forgot to pack both things carefully.

Hope it works
With pleasure
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

lotmany
Community Member
@eBay We would like to know the chances and need for asking Seller for PoD copy even after buyer acknowledged item receipt.

@Sellers it is always good to do thing in correct way and if needed, if got issues, just fight in the correct manner. If you don't have needed proofs or unsure how to explain eBay, just jot a mail to your account manager.

@26-11, we regret as a co-member for the inconvenience you faced. We also can understand the frustration levels in such situations. Such issues occur when the bidding is suspicious.
When PoD is needed, it should be produced irrespective of what shipping company you use (even for IndiaPost - they provide PoD and also they will provide shipper; upon request; a printed sheet stating the facts of delivery). We are afraid to say a big 'No' on your recommended process. You may not face such problem everytime eBay asking for PoD.
Good to talk with your Account Manager for such issues and let them work for you on these types of issues.
You have all the right to question eBay CC in mails and request them to escalate the issue.

@devkumar2011, it is difficult and sometimes you can't get that. It takes more time in certain situations. But with the help of shipping company agents (boys) the delivery can be proved when parcels were truly delivered.

Regards
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Really 26-11,

eBay asks for Proof of Dispatch also. And by all means if you book a parcel by speed post in the receipt weight is mentioned clearly.

Now just think this, if some claim adjustor just happened to look at 20 gm weight for a mobile or more worse case a laptop, you can forget about your money.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

thats an stupid foolpacked idea
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

applefanboy2012
Community Member
There is another trick to avoid POD issue.
Just ship the sealed items with speed post and enter the shipping details of speed post on eBay and ship the real package with private shipping like dtdc or blue dart . Send a message to the seller saying that the shipping track number is wrong and give him the break track number of DTDC or blue dart.
THIS WORKED WITH ME ALWAYS 🙂
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

applefanboy2012
Community Member
There is another trick to avoid POD issue.
Just ship the sealed items with speed post and enter the shipping details of speed post on eBay and ship the real package with private shipping like dtdc or blue dart . Send a message to the seller saying that the shipping track number is wrong and give him the break track number of DTDC or blue dart.
THIS WORKED WITH ME ALWAYS 🙂
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@26-11

After reading your post, i think this is the reason why eBay ask to SUBMIT POD to you.

I have never been asked to submit POD since last 6 months we are on eBay.

I would advice you to be clear in your mind and also be kind to your buyers for their satisfaction.

Ultimately only buyer satisfaction matters. Best Regards

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
these must the rules in the year 2011??
but thank GOD , there is no such rule now!
Message 17 of 17
latest reply