Tips for New Sellers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am Tanya. I work in eBay with the seller programs team to help new sellers build their business on eBay. I thought I would share some selling tips which may help you sell more everyday!

LISTING TIPS

• Product: Try uploading unique/hard to find products, that will excite buyers into instant online purchase.

Picture : A good clear picture says more than a detailed description. This is especially true for categories like apparels, jewellery, toys, etc where impulse buying is high. Imagine, you have a nice pair of earring with good description; however picture is such that one can hardly make out the design. I am sure, it will be difficult to find buyers, even at an attractive price. I would also suggest always put your picture on top of the page to attract attention rather than below the description. Show the product from every angle so that the buyer has a clear picture of the product that he would wish to buy.

• Your title must be packed with appropriate keywords relevant to the product so that if any buyer is searching for a product that you have, your listing comes up during search results. Put yourself in the buyers’ shoes and see whether your title has those keywords that you would use for a product while searching for a product similar to what you are selling.

Description once again must be detailed and very transparent. If the product is second hand, mention the same. Do not portray anything that is not true. Once again check whether your description has all the information a buyer would want to know about your product.

Warranty/guarantee Since buyers are making payment in advance for a product they have not physically seen, it would a great idea if you could boost their confidence by providing some sort of warranty/guarantee so that they are rest assured of their purchases.

• Offer as many Payment methods as possible since it allows the buyer to choose a payment method that he is comfortable with. As an advice, you must offer online payment option PaisaPay as most buyers prefer this payment method. It is safe and at the same time the quickest way of closing a transaction successfully.

Some tips Post Sales

• Once you receive a sale, act upon it immediately and get in touch with your buyer either through phone or email. Remember that the buyer at the time of purchase does not have your contact details and does not even know to whom he is sending his money. Therefore always keep in touch with your buyers at every stage so that he has confidence & trust that his money is safe and he will get his product in the specified time period.

• Always be customer service orientated. If possible, go out of his way to help and solve his doubts/clarifications as effectively as possible. Always be prompt in replying to your buyers. Incase the buyers complains about product being faulty or not as per their expectation, try offering replacement.

• Always try to rate your buyers positively which in return fetch you positive points. This helps build your business online as most buyers look at your feedback received by you as a seller for any purchases from you.

Incase a transaction fails due to non payment from your buyer, do report the buyer by following the Unpaid Item Process in time so that you do not end up getting billed for a transaction that was not complete.

General Tips

• Increasing your Portfolio: Try browsing ebay as much as possible and study what is selling at what price points. Try sourcing these products if you can. There are many features on the site that help you understand what is in demand, to name some we have the
o Completed Listing Only feature (InAdvanced Search Section)
o Want it Now Feature
o ebay Pulse
o Market Place Research
These tools give a fair indication of what products buyers are generally searching, buying and want to buy.

• Try to offer competitive price to the extent possible, however at the same time maintaining quality standards.

• Do visit the community boards often and interact with other ebay sellers on their selling experience and pick up some selling tips from them. Also share your experiences or any selling tips that you might have worked well with you.

• Do use some feature listings as this definitely helps get your products under the buyers view and chances of sales increase.

• Do keep yourself updated with the themes/promotions running at all times and if possible upload products accordingly. Do not loose the opportunity of free promotions that ebay provides. All promotions are announced on Announcement Boards Post

Selling on Ebay is easy and at the same time its fun!!! The idea of getting a positive feedback after every successful sale is very exciting for me. Another exciting part is the ability to interact with people from various parts of country, people whom I would have never known otherwise.

The above are my viewpoints. If you agree, disagree or want to offer your viewpoint, or have more questions please feel free to post here.

I hope you will find the above useful!

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 1 of 235
latest reply
234 REPLIES 234

Tips for New Sellers!

mohitjojojacob
Community Member
read ebay for dummies by Marsha collier
Message 111 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear kool-n-classi,

It is unfortunate that your buyer is not being understanding and co-operative in such a situation.

Since the payment is through Paisapay, you can write to Paisapay through the " Contact Us" link located under the HELP Section with all details such as Paisapay ID, Item Id and the Buyer Id. The Paisapay team will then make a refund to the buyer and deduct that amount from your Paisapay cheque.

Alternatively, you can also send in DD/Cheque to the buyer directly.

To receive credit on the transaction, click on " Report an Unpaid Item" link located under the Action Tab under the Sold link. Under that choose the following options:

1) We have agreed not to complete the transaction in the first option
2) And then select Making a refund to the Buyer".

After 7 days, you can close the dispute and receive credit for your eBay transaction fees

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 112 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

chettymanoharshrinivas
Community Member
ok so now i have started to try turbolister but the problem is that i have seen that some users have their own theme above the turbo lister theme so is that only for the pros or is it available for free turbo lister. Can i put images followed by my description about the thing ??? THANKYOU
Message 113 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear chettymanoharshrinivas,

Besides the themes available under TurboLister, sellers who have knowledge about HTML Pages can create their own decorative pages and hence explains why you see some sellers with themes that are not available under the templates provided in the turbolister.

If you want your images to appear below your description, you can simply select " Photo on the bottom" from your Turbolister.

Please feel free to reply for any further clarifications.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 114 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

mastersniper1
Community Member
http://www.zoicks.com/beginner.htm
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Selling-for-business-on-eBay-by-Sean-CoolNess_W0QQugidZ10000000000134866
Message 115 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

bottomsupeb
Community Member
Hello Tanya
I wish to sell bathroom and kitchen taps worldwide but you do not have a tap section. Taps from India are very much in demand overseas and a subsection under HOME would be welcome.
Message 116 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear bottomsupeb,

Your suggestion has been noted and the same been communicated to our concerned team.

Since your products (taps) are in demand internationally, you may want to try listing it directly on our international sites. For.e.g. eBay USA has a subcategory for Taps and your products could benefit if listed directly under that category for your international buyers to purchase in their own currency

You can find the category under Home & Garden > Bathroom > Taps

However please do go through the Fee structure of the country you are listing in as ebay fees differ from country to country

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 117 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

deepchan_in1
Community Member
I have filed an unpaid item dispute and the buyer has not responded within the stipulated time of 7 days. 7 days have now been completed, the dispute was filed at 11:35am IST on 4th October. Now please tell me how to claim the ebay fees that has been charged during the sale.
Message 118 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear deepchan_in1,

In order to receive credit on your eBay fees for an unsuccesful transaction, simply follow the below steps:

1)Log on to My eBay Page
2)Click on Dispute Console located on the left hand side of the page below My Account Section
3)Click on "View Dispute" against the particular transaction for which you need to receive credit
4) Select Option No 2 " I have no other option but to close the dispute
5) Click on Close Dispute.

As soon as the dispute is closed, you will receive ebay fees credit for that particular transaction

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 119 of 235
latest reply

Tips for New Sellers!

Hello,
If the item purchased is not paid. Follow following steps...
1. Follow up with the customer for 7 days throug ebay mail and if you feel you can even call them.
2. Lodge an unpaid item dispute.
3. Wait for 8 days after lodging the unpaid item dispute.
4. In the meantime if you receive the payment then close the dispute stating that you have completed the transaction and serve your customer properly.
5. If you do not receive the payment even after 8 days, close the dispute stating that the transaction is not completed.
6 You will get the commission credit.
7. Forget about the buyer and continue selling on ebay.
Thanks Rajasthanstore.
(An online store of Rajasthani Items)
http://stores.ebay.in/Rajasthanstore
Rajasthanstore.
(An online store of Rajasthani Items)
http://stores.ebay.in/Rajasthanstore
Message 120 of 235
latest reply