No Seller Protection on eBay???

Dear Sellers,

I wish to bring one of my recent case in front of all. One of the buyer purchased Karbonn Mobile Phone from us which carry 1 year manufacturer warranty. Purchase was done in month of April. After the receipt of product buyer raised claim under eBay guarantee stating that item have some issue. When I asked him what is the issue then he informed that phone vibrates sometime during call. I told him to contact service center as product carry manufacturer warranty & we have provided bill along with product.

Buyer declined to contact service center & told me will wait till eBay's response on his claim. eBay too rejected claim since product carry manufacturer warranty.

Now after 3 months I have received email from eBay stating that " Amount recovered from your account for charge back"

I am surprised to see that this charge back amount debited for same transition for which eBay rejected buyers claim. If eBay rejected claim then how come he approved charge back claim?

Now I have lost both the things. My money & Product too.
Without contacting seller how can they directly approved claim & recovered money from my today's remittance?

No seller protection on eBay? Who will solve my this issue? Or shall I consider loss in business?

:(
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

sahilgoel_19

eBay only informed me this thing. They told me that we have already mentioned on help pages.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/paisapay-chargeback.html

That there is no protection if buyer raised product related disputes.

This is very serious matter. Seller has to think 10 times to sell on eBay. Buyer will buy product after 2-3 months if they raise charge-back then it means eBay will approve it...

What is this??
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Before approving the charge-back why does eBay not told bank to ask buyer to send product back to merchant?

Why they are in hurry to offer refund?
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I know these guys are intentionally not responding on my post. Shame on such people who are responsible for it.

:
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

There is an issue as far as chargeback is concerned and all payment gateways are kind of "helpless" in this.

I know this because I am working on My Ecommerce website as well and had talk regarding that with many payment gateways such as Payu, ccavenue etc.

I specifically asked them about the chargeback feature and they said incase chargeback is applied they cant do much and have to reverse the transaction. They would ask for "pod".

Banks would not accept any other proof except pod though the buyer has confirmed receipt on ebay! Thats illogical but unfortunately thats how it seems to be.

Ebay should look into this and try to bargain with banks.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Good News !!

Chargeback Reversed !! Earlier it was debited but after struggling lot received email stating that "Chargeback Reversed".

Thanks to eBay.

:)
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

thats great!

Can you please share what did you do to get the chargeback reversed?
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

thnx dear for updating this post..i was thinking  to do work as seller on ebay.but you beware me thnx a lot..

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

i completely agree there is no seller protection on ebay

recenly one of my buyer has raised a claim after one week of delivery saying mobile is not charging whereas i have myselft tested it as working fine before delivery..

ebay has deducted money from my paisapay remmittance even before i got my mobile back...really shame.....

i think buyer has replaced his defective mobile from mine and ebay has always favored buyer.....really need to think 1000 times before on ebay now

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Now for seller's ebay is a fraud place to sell where only buyer fraud protection is available who help fraud buyer in achieving their goal.

Ebay customer support are of no use, they are least bothered as they don't have to pay. They are just enjoying the money which they are getting from the sellers. 

If all this fraud continue then my friends we can say that

Only the buyers will be left on ebay and the sellers will be vanish.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Well I have had issues regarding this.

I am still awaiting payment for the amout debited since over a month. 

Daily phone calls and follow up.

Unfortunately ebay is a buyer centric platform, buyer can file consumer complaint but same a seller cant file a case as we are vendors but paying ebay for service. 

Anyway the best option is to stay calm and call the helpline daily.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply