Major issue with Powership Weight calculation

Hello friends

Since last 1 week we are facing major issue in weight, normal 450 gram pacels getting charged with 2.5kg, Even in Volumetric term weight doesn't cross 500 as parcel is small in size.

Eerlier it used to be 1-2 case in a month, now in today's remittance we have found at-least 20 parcel has beeen charged wrong.

Now it takes lot of energy and time running behind powership tea,, we thought to rectify this issue at first step only by talking to bluedart manager.

After enquiring we have found ebay only have instructed to bluedart to enter volumetric weight above 500 gram parcels.

and i know how these courier boy measures the volume they have nothing to do with it, they just put random weight and this is reason why everyone is getting charged like anything.

We used to send through our own courier and never been charged volumetric below 5kg parcel.

Suppose if a person sell 500 rupee item and pays 200 rupee shipping + 12%(7+5) ebay fee 52% gone in 2 things .

we hardly work on 2 to 5% margins how we can pay such high shipping fee?

Ebay powership team this matter is very serious, you have to be very agressive in this matter contact with logistic companies and fix it asap.

Regards

Mycorte

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Hi,

It is not measure in volumetric or any equation / calculation.

They are blinding or fraudly setting this wrong weight to get more money illegally.

This is the fact.

We too experience this after sending hundreds of parcels and later find losses on bill.

Then onwards we have been tracking most of the parcels.

Even 1 piece banyan ( inner wear ) that can weight less than 150 grams and volumetric is not an option at all. Because that was send in smallest Ebay cover. Without any other packing.

You can actually, fold and put in your pant pocket.

They charge that as 4000 grams ( 4 KG )

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

But, this is TRUE with Bluedart.

After this I find almost 50% cases going in wrong weight. We have escalated this with Bluedart Supervisors, Then managers. Then other higher officials.

After spending lot of time on them. We get email from managers saying some issue while scanning the parcel due to technical error.

And then it stopped for 10-15 days. But, again it start charging wrong weight again and again.

WE have even escalated though Email to higher authorties.

Where we even spoke with higher authorties personally from Bluedart. Apart from already addressing to Ebay powership.

Then after few days, their managers explaining for 1 quantity by default eBay charges 200 grams. And if quantity is increasing like 3. Ebay documents itself shows 600 grams and which can be set as 1000 grams from Bluedart. Because after 500 grams direct 1000 grams.

Smallest items and even 3 pieces less than 250 grams actual weight.

So, I have showed them other examples where even for 1 item actual cost 150 grams Bluedart charge for 1 KG, 2 KG etc

After having many escalation and strong communication they stopped this for a while.

But, actually this is the isue both from Ebay powership and Bluedart. Ebay do not have a system wherein to weight correctly while picking itself.

And you rarely get wrong weight cases in Aramex and Fedex.

Bluedart going against the Ecommerce actual prices.

More and More people should come forward and escalate to Bluedart head office for strong action.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Same Here Problem With Blue dart

Weigh 1000gb , 1500gm for simple 250gm packet

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

same there , i send 3 wrong weight files to powership team , but stillnot got any credit

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Hello Everyone

I was also facing same issue with Blue Dart (BD). I was told by the local BD manager that the top officials of BD have instructed to charge higher amounts only for eBay shipments. ????

Why? No answers form BD or Ebay.

Solution  . . . . None . . .

Ultimatly I followed up with eBay powershipping team & removed the crook Blue Dart from my LSP (Local Shipping Partner) list & now I am happy. I use speedpost along with FedeEx.

Send an email to inlogistics@ebay.in with a request to remove BD from your LSP.

I also cancelled every transaction where eBay alloted BD as shipping agency. After 15 days  . . . no more BD. 

Also beware of Aramex as wel. Without delivery they mark item deliverd twice. See the image attached. The same items is delivered by Aramex on Nov. 13 and Dec. 26. A magic only the gr8 Aramex n its staff can perform . . . Be ready to see more magic in years to come . .

Wish eBay PowerShipping mature in year 2015 . . . 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Hi

Now I would like to tell the real story behind this Weight calculation. The thing is courier company employees accepted right to my face that we do not measure the weights in case of online shipments.

On month to month I get around 120 transaction which are overcharged.

I wrote an email to one of their head of department regarding this few minutes ago

I am waiting for the refund since 24 october 2014 this is the reality of ebay.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

How do we get an account manager assigned? In what way can he help us ?

We are also facing similar issues like you and looking for solutions. Wish we could help each other.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Hello we are facing similar issues. Can you guide us how did you manage to get credits for 250 grams slabs which went wrong

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

eshop24
Community Member

I am also facing this problems with Blue dart courier my packet weight less than 200g as per actual and Volumetric but blue dart charges 500g to 1.5 kg . I went to meet manager but that persone didt not lisen me. I aslo send mail to ebay power ship . I am still waiting response.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Blue dart charges the excess weight . I am aslo facing same problems

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Facing same problem with blue dart, this is problem is actually killing me. They have charged 3000.0 grams for just 250.0 grams items , sent mail to eBay nothing happened yet. Just stopped selling and waiting for positive response from eBay. I really dont understand this bloody policy if there is no seller then no eBay also. There are lots of people complaining the same issue for a long time but this is still happening. Why not eBay just take a strong decision against blue dart ? . We are here to sale and make some profit not for loosing hard earned money.
Message 20 of 29
latest reply