Is TIN or CST necessary for us?

hi guys, i am considering to start selling on ebay, **bleep** facing a few difficulties, I dont have a vat/cts/tin number.. can i ship the item without the tin no. on the invoice, will the courier company accept it for delivery without the tin no. on invoice ( bluedart site says that they wont accept **bleep** i have received item from mumbai to delhi without tin on the invoice, ) items like wallet and things do not need an invoice **bleep** such coz there isnt any warranty that the user would need to claim to the company later. i heard that u cannot register for vat/tin unless u have a particular amout of income from ur business then how is it possible for a new seller to ship the item. and can i opt for powership offered by ebay, is it available to new sellers, the courier company asks a very high price unless u  tie up with them for montly shipments .. can anyone throw a light on that,, experience sellers please take time to reply and help me on that..

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Is TIN or CST necessary for us?

To get TIN number is not a big issue. Contact your nearest CA office. Its better to get TIN number to sell products everywhere not only ebay. If you have TIN number you can sell from ebay, amazon, snapdeal flipkart and everywhere and can make lots of sales.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

But i ve heard that in order to get TIN no., you need to have a rented or own shop(small or big)..without any kind of warehouse of shop you cannot get TIN no ? is it true ?
what are the requirements to get a TIN no ?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Your own house also possible.No need of shop
Message 13 of 13
latest reply