cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India Post : All about Dealing / Resolving Issues with Speed / Registered.

lotmany
Community Member
We will be posting full information on this by this weekend compiling all our experience with India Post. A single source of links and process.

Let us start with few insights.
Delhi 1800119888, 9868021828, spc.delhi@indiapost.gov.in
Hyderabad 23463922, 23463929, spc.hyderabad@
Mumbai 226156125, 26156093, spc.mumbai@
Chennai 28292001, 9444404509, spc.chennai@
Kolkata 22120476, 22121160, spc.kolkata@
Bangalore 22867302, 22892045, spc.bangalore@
Hyderabad 23463922, 23463929, spc.hyderabad@
Ahmedabad 18002337999, 27540419, spc.ahmedabad@
Pune 26121570, 26121528, spc.pune@

For International shipments, good to call Delhi or Mumbai office.

Tip: Claim Speed post charges on monthly basis, if you find that the parcel delivered late by submitting in letter with receipt of shipper copy in your local post office.

Note: This is just a guidance. We take utmost care to provide you the best information we have by our experience. We are not responsible for any mistakes, typos, outdated information etc; throughout this thread.

Regards
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

lotmany
Community Member
@curios*stocker, it takes time if the parcel is not traceable.

First thing is to coordinate with your local post office and submit a complaint letter.

Raise an online complaing on the parcel status at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Ccc/PCData.aspx

Then take the complaint number and contact Senior PostMaster at 0121-2643588, 0121-2653588, spc.meerut@indiapost.gov.in
If you don't get proper results/help, approach 4, Hazratganj, Lucknow – 226001 or mail at cpmg_up@indiapost.gov.in 0522-2622000 (Tel), 2616855 (Fax).

You need to wait if they say that they are unable to trace parcel for only few days
And immediately escalate the issue as said above.

Even you can claim double the amount you have paid if they can't trace the parcel apart from requesting to take action on employees.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Regards
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
@berrynxt4u, which area customer care number you need? Always its good to give a written complaint at your local post office and then raise an online complaint and inturn again give second written complaint at your local post office with complaint number.
If problem is not resolved, only then move to higher authorities.

Always, write two copies of letters: one to submit in postoffice and other to have their acknowledgment to keep for yourself.

Hope you will have your issues resolved.

Regards
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
May be useful to see the International tariffs of India Post at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Netscape/SPInternationalTariff.html

Compensation to be paid in respect of International EMS articles

Compensation to be paid in respect of International EMS articles booked in Post Offices in India in case of loss / total theft / total damage are as under :-

For delay - Speed Post Charges

For loss / total theft / total damage - 30 SDR (1 SDR = INR 65.8222 for 2009)

Regards
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
Very good repository to understand International shipments and customs process:

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Netscape/Customs_Information.html

Regards
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
Better not to postpone more days after complaining. Better to close the issue by claiming the double amount of shipping charges you have paid (for National shipments) instead of loosing whole amount.

If the item is high in value, then don't claim it, just fight with higher authorities as much as possible and you will get your value.

Lastly, if something is not working and just wasting our time, better to leave it and get whatever is possible and finally avoid that services.

Regards
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@lotmany :- Thanks a Lot for your details about Speed post. your effort is remarkable. I tried more than 50 times & fortunately got this number :- 022-26156703. It was surprise for me that some one pickuped the call. I given him my Speed-post Article number & she Informed me that my article never get to MUMBAI. She suggest me to complaint @ My local post office (Where my article was Booked)for more details. I had VERY DISAPOINTED But God were with me. I checked my ebay & got positive feedback for same item. I couldn't belived then wrote to buyer about reciept of delievery. he done the same 🙂

Now I sent my parcel on 21-01-11 & it delievered on 1st of Feb. however mumbai speed post customer care's lady told me that my parcel never get to Mumbai 🙂

Finally maine ye lession seekha ki " SPEED-POST OR Registered parcel bhagwan ke bharose bheje jate hain or if god with u then u r a lucky guy otherwise INDIA POST ke service par trust karna means Test Cricket me "TIE" hona hai ( 1960 & 1986 )jo last 134 years me sirf two times hi hua hai. Future me I NEVER USE INDIA POST.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
@lotmany do you really use their services, its good knowledge database, eBay pinks should make it a sticky for years to come, Well eBay being such a huge entity can atleast make some third party insurance available by tying up with Indian Speed Post, so we can sleep without any tension, once the consignment is sent by Indian Speed Post.

@lotmany do you have any idea about insurance coverage for speed post parcels ?
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

chetan.g.mevada9
Community Member
Can some1 tell me the parcel(wrist watch Armani) from UK to India will be delivered??? Or Will I have to pay customs? With the tracking number I can see it has reached New Delhi and its under process for delivery". I have paid £14 for international delivery from Royal mail on 19 april. And Wht if i want to contact international post center in New delhi...ny contact no?? Please help me
Message 18 of 18
latest reply