cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India Post : All about Dealing / Resolving Issues with Speed / Registered.

lotmany
Community Member
We will be posting full information on this by this weekend compiling all our experience with India Post. A single source of links and process.

Let us start with few insights.
Delhi 1800119888, 9868021828, spc.delhi@indiapost.gov.in
Hyderabad 23463922, 23463929, spc.hyderabad@
Mumbai 226156125, 26156093, spc.mumbai@
Chennai 28292001, 9444404509, spc.chennai@
Kolkata 22120476, 22121160, spc.kolkata@
Bangalore 22867302, 22892045, spc.bangalore@
Hyderabad 23463922, 23463929, spc.hyderabad@
Ahmedabad 18002337999, 27540419, spc.ahmedabad@
Pune 26121570, 26121528, spc.pune@

For International shipments, good to call Delhi or Mumbai office.

Tip: Claim Speed post charges on monthly basis, if you find that the parcel delivered late by submitting in letter with receipt of shipper copy in your local post office.

Note: This is just a guidance. We take utmost care to provide you the best information we have by our experience. We are not responsible for any mistakes, typos, outdated information etc; throughout this thread.

Regards
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

lotmany
Community Member
Resolve SP1.

Basic Things:
Pack the item very well and write the address on all four sides, if possible. Mark it Registered or Speed Post or EMS, whatever it is.

Verify the Name, Address on the shipper copy (acknowledgment) of the parcel before leaving the counter/office.

Tracking the parcel: http://services.ptcmysore.gov.in/Speednettracking/

You should see an update daily, atleast for 2 days else you should call the customer care numbers.

Tip: If speed post service is not available to the destination address. You can inquire buyer and get the nearest city name and write it on the address of the parcel. Office will accept it though no guarantees for the timelimits of speed delivery, you have tracking till the city.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
Resolve SP2.

A shipment crossing 7 days without delivery or without an update for 3 days is the sign for you to initiate a complaint by calling customer care.

If the days are crossing 15 days and for missing parcel cases, you need to immediately register an online complaint with at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Ccc/PCData.aspx and then write a mail the customer care with the complaint number.

Links:
Customer Grievance: http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Ccc/PCData.aspx

Complaint Status Tracking: http://www.indiapost.gov.in/ccc/PCStatus.aspx

Tip: Always, put the weight on the parcel.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Hello,

Thanks for your details about Speed-Post. I sent the Speed-post parcel to "Austria" On 21-01-11 but I didn't get any Tracking Information about it except they had booked the article (no update from 22nd)from my local post office.

I rang more than 25 times here :-

022-26156125, 26156648, 26156703.

All numbers were busy every time when I gave a ring. STRANGE!! I paid 1754.00 Rupees as "Speed-post'" Charges & India-Post giving me "TENSION"...

They have no value for Customer & his Money. Adios!!
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

One more thing :- Delhi toll free number "Ever Engaged" & Mobile Number "98680 21828" is switch off :)). Mumbai's numbers are one step ahead "If you fortunately got outgoing Ring then don't Happy as they never pick-up the call."

I'm so Impressed with "India-Post" Service. They are very "SHAMLESS".
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I booked a parcel on 8th. From Meerut it never reached Delhi foreign export deptt. It is 28th now. they are tracking it down. the staff at meerut complaints says it will take two to three months to get this issue resolved.

My customer has been flying off the handle. He has gone up the pole to jump on me any time with a negative feedback.

Govt post office service is pathetic...
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
@lotmany doing a Great JOB , go ahead, really excellent advise, what to do in cases of Pilferage and how to insure the parcels.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Also @lotmany what is the customer care number
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
As seems numbers posted by you as @bookseeker suggests never work.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
@bookseekar/berrynxt4u, you are right generally their phones will be busy.
But Delhi (is supreme point for any India Post issues) and Hyderabad phones will mostly attend you.

@bookseekar, please call 26156093, spc.mumbai@indiapost.gov.in
Generally, its good to call them at 9 AM and 2 PM to 226156125.

May be MR. R K JOSHI , Office Incharge at 26156703, 26156648, 022- 26156311 can help you.

Good if you can raise an online complaint at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Ccc/PCData.aspx
and then mention the complaint number in all the below levels of communication.

Next level of contact if you don't get help from above contacts:
Mumbai GPO Building, 2nd Floor, Mumbai – 400001. cpmg_mah@indiapost.gov.in 022-22620049 (Tel), 22620829 (Fax)

If still not happy, next level is Chief General Manager, Business Development and Marketing Directorate,
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi— 110116.
bddirectorate@gmail.com 011-23096055 (Tel), 23096144 (Fax).

The above details are for Mumbai localates.

For a total list of escalation matrix to address your issues, please see below link.
http://www.indiapost.gov.in/GUIDELINES_FOR__REGISTRATION_OF_COMPLAINTS.htm

Hope you will get the results else let us know more details of your shipment, area etc; only after trying the above process.

Regards
Message 10 of 18
latest reply