cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision

GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision . But on ebay GST is compulsory? I not understand this please help.

As per government rules gst is not necessary for ecommrece seller under 20 lakh. But for getting my remittance I have to take gst only for eBay?
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision

Ebay is working on it . Rest website even dont care about this and wont allow to sell without gstin on their sites.
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Rest of the websites didn't allow you to sell without VAT in the first place. It was only ebay that discarded this simple rule of e-commerce in India.

Like I said earlier the problem for every company is how to determine your turnover. They will certainly wont go by our verbal assurance.
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@  latestgadgets4all 

they will care once a PIL will filed agaist them 

and that time is not a far away 

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@   oldbookdepot

with IT return they will determine 

its not a big deal .

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

It's better to buy GST and goto amazon instead I throw stone here in dirty Water.
Message 15 of 34
latest reply

IT return may not work for everyone. There are a lot of casual sellers who might not be filing ITR-4 Form. A lot of new sellers will also struggle.

Besides the biggest problem is that this provision is only deferred by the government. These e-commerce companies won't take the pain of manually verifying thousands of IT returns when they know that govt will bring the rule back in some time.
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

GST is mandatory. As per government rules gst is not necessary 20 lakh. The twist is if you sell your product from 1 state to another then GST is must. Now why they made this rule don't know bcoz the sole purpose of ecommerce is to attract customers from all over india and internationally 

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

ebay is no more ebay after 1 August

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

NOW!!!  FOR SELLING ONLINE MUST NEED GST, EVEN YOUR TURNOVER IS 1 RS, that 20 lac criteria only for selling Offline.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

That rule removed from 27th June
Message 20 of 34
latest reply