cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision

GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision . But on ebay GST is compulsory? I not understand this please help.

As per government rules gst is not necessary for ecommrece seller under 20 lakh. But for getting my remittance I have to take gst only for eBay?
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@indiateethertoys wrote:
GST is not compulsory for eCommerce seller from 27th June Decision . But on ebay GST is compulsory? I not understand this please help.

As per government rules gst is not necessary for ecommrece seller under 20 lakh. But for getting my remittance I have to take gst only for eBay?

There are already so many posts on this same topic so why are you opening a new post for the same repeated thing, 

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Yes there are many posts about it and still Ebay India has not replied or announced anything about it.
They just want to hold the sellers money and earn interest .
I dont understand a point if I will obtain GSTIN why someone will sell on ebay when we have a vast number of marketplace.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

yes selling in ebay is hard now a days for remittance waiting time .

Anyways I hope ebay will soon comply with the Govt rules and unlocked all those sellers account whos turnover not exceed 20 Lakh cause those seller does not need GSTIN .

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

GST applies from July . My item sold in June . Then also they not giving my money. Whatever they are giving me in July it's money of June when GST was not applicable. This will be elected by RTI and Graham suraksha samiti next Days
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Grahak Suraksha Samiti
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

The govt of India has provided temporary relief. It hasn't struck down the clause but only delayed its implementation. Therefore its unlikely that Ebay and other sites will stop asking for GSTIN.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Small businesses -- those with turnover less than Rs 20 lakh -- will also not be required to register themselves under the GST for selling goods or services through e-commerce portal.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Yes but ebay still demanding gst number from us
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@indiateethertoys wrote:
Yes but ebay still demanding gst number from us

Actually even Flipkart and Amazon and other portals are still demanding GST. Ebay is not isolated case. They are probably figuring out how to determine whether the turnover of a seller is less than 20 Lakhs.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply