cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Nigerian Buyers -- eBay's intervention needed

rj_baazee
Community Member
Can't eBay do something about these fake Nigerian buyers who are here just to cheat ? If they buy a seller's item, then the item disappears from the seller's list & he has to relist it again. Not only that, the seller has to bear the listing charges, whatever it is, for that item sold ( ...read not sold ) to those fake people.

eBay should also do something to not allow people who have their address outside of the seller's shipping areas to purchase the item. This will to a great extent prevent fraudulent buyers. I request the eBay staff to seriuosly look into this and put an end to this menace as early as possible or it may become a very serious issue in future. BEWARE !!!!!!

Thanks & Regards
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

superstores_it
Community Member
The credit card might have been stolen .... You might get a charge back. Beware .. and avoid wESTERN uNION AND SUCH OVER PAYEMTN OFFERS. ..

Dont want to scare you but .. just be carefull..
\
rest nice to know someone atleast had a sucessfull deal with a nigerian...
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear lonei77,

With regards to your query, you can file an Unpaid Item Dispute against the buyer and get a FVF Credit for that transaction.

Follow these simple steps to file the UPI Dispute.
- Log onto your "My eBay"
- Click on the Action Link below sold items.
- Click on Report an unpaid item
- Enter the item number for which you are reporting the unpaid item and click Continue
- Specify "Why are you reporting this unpaid item dispute" from the dropdown provided
- Mention the current status of the dispute from the dropdown
- Click on "Send an the unpaid item reminder" tab

Ensure to close the dispute. Once you close the dispute after 7 days of filing it. Once you close the dispute you will get an FVF credit.

Click Here for more details on Unpaid Items.

In future you can also use the bidder management tool to block bidders with negative feedback / Unpaid Item strikes or from cities, countries you are not willing to ship the item to.

You can Block Bidders from
- My eBay - My Account - Preference section.
Blocked bidders will not be allowed to bid on or buy your products.

In addition to this we have the provision of Cancelling a bid.

Cancel a bid would be if a bidder contacts you to back out of the bid or asks you to ship to cities / countries you do not ship.

Check this link on Cancel Bids

I hope this helps you have a better trading experience on the site.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

stepford_wyfe
Community Member
indiaartpalace,

"mine is a strange case”

“One Nigerian buyer bought an item from me with an ID created same day,”

“immediately over-paid than the actual bill, and deregistered next day”

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?forumID=107&threadID=410406893

All what you described happens all the time with the scammers.

Ebay is the one the deregistered them when a seller reports them.

If you look at the bid history of the person you are referring to, they probably bid on a number of mobile phones the same day they registered and either placed bids at the very last minutes or second or they purchased using Buy It Now. Very common pattern with the these scammers.

You may be happy to know that someone decided to scam the scammers. I found this on ebay.com: http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

samtech_systems
Community Member
Hi! Guys,

Just change your pref in your a/c. that you don't ship international & that should reslove your issue.

Samson
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

pavsprince
Community Member
Hello,
Two of my items sold on eBay, but I found the buyers to be fake Nigerians. So, I have stopped proceeding any further by not giving them any details about payment or my account number or any other details.

But on the My Account page it's showing that I need to pay eBay around Rs. 1400 for those items sold. How do I rectify this ? Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks & Regards.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

aksar10
Community Member
i am encountering a problem regarding NIGERIAN buyers they buy my item and ask to ship it , THEY ARE FRAUD I KNOW BUT I HAVE TO PAY EBAY WHAT SHULD I DO????
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

aksar10
Community Member
YES I AM WITH YOU I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM THEY CATCH HOLD NEW USERS!!
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

rednek2392
Community Member
I have had them buy my items 4 times now over a course of about 2 months and only 6 items 3 times on the same thing, My laptop, theyre after electronics and they LOVE buy it now opportunities because they make their "job" all the more easier. They sign up as a United States Customer and Buy something then the next day they drop the acount. You would think ebay would catch this pattern before they bid and stop them before they do. Its really getting on my nerves thanks to these people ive had several times that ive had to pay ebay over $40 so far for the damage these fools have caused. I dont think i should have to. But i also dont want to have some problem between me and ebay.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply