!! Extremely Low Sales !!

Hi,

The sales have dropped drastically for the past 2 days. I heard there were some problems with making payments on the site. 😞

Are others sellers also experiencing low sales for the past few days ??

-Super Shopper 24x7
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Ebay has stopped sending discount coupons to its buyers and this can be one reason why the sales has dipped.

Paisapay gateway problems are very regular and less number of banks and payment options are also a major factor contributing to the effect.

The buyers will not wait for you, you have to attract buyers to your site. See Tradus.In, homeshop18 and Indiaplaza are all doing very well.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

madmahesh2009
Community Member
I agree.I shop only when i get discount coupons because shopping gets its fun in bargaining and getting a good deal.Ebay this week has sent a useless 200Rs offer for a minimum purchase of 2000Rs.Hate it!!!!!!!!
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Now ebay sends 10% discount coupons with min purchase of Rs.2000/- so whatever sales was happening due to discount coupons has also stopped because of the 2000/- limit.

This clearly shows that even ebay's earnings have dropped this quarter and to prop up their bottom line (FY is ending) some MBA has come up with this idea.

Yeh hai ebay India...

...Jai Ho

Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

amit4134
Community Member
Hi! Sapna, How are u doing?

I am a bit worried about the future of ebay. The reason behind being the business is falling badly on ebay. Atleast the coins category. You are the category manager as far as coins is concerned. What measures are being taken? Please check the ratio of listings online on ebay coins category and compare it to the sales. It is good enough to tell the entire story. The trust among the buyers is not there. The listings are of such poor quality. Sellers are not trained correctly. Many look to make profits in postage charges. The focus should be more on having quality buyers and sellers instead of quantity.

What is ebay doing to promote 1 paisa listings?

Why cant they offer some discounts in commission for listing a coin for 1 paisa with no reserve? A seller takes a risk by listing a coin for 1 paisa. He may be even at loss on the end of the auction. This is the time to be innovative to promote business and build a trading friendly environment.

What are the incentives you are giving to a powerseller? Powersellers are the pillars of ebay business as they pay big commissions to ebay and create the trust of buyers. The listings of powersellers should be promoted. Atleast 1 listing should be given free propack for a month. Why has ebay stopped sending free packing material to powersellers???

The more 1 paisa listings and powersellers listings you will promote the more quality business ebay will generate.

Let me know your views.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

azim.ali
Community Member
Its foolish to think that lack of voucher promotions have decreased the buying trends. The 1 paisa auction is no good way to lure buyers on eBay because it is manipulated by many sellers (1 paise auction start price and Rs 300 shipping kinds). Honestly, the sellers have more experience than any manager because sellers have practical experience on site dealing with buyers of various temperaments and products of different types.

eBay has done excellent in past quarter with 16% profit increase. So one shouldn't worry about eBay but worry about their own business on eBay. If your sales are nose diving, it means that your competitors are doing better than you.

I would recommend sellers to use the features such as Terra Peak and also try listing on ebay.com

Good Luck!
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Hi,

We took a break from our eBay business for 15 days.

We restarted our eBay business about a week ago. But the sales are very low. Is it just us facing poor sales or is it the general cool off after the Valentines promo.

-Super.Shopper.24x7
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

SALES ARE DROPPED FROM LAST 3 DAYS, BUYERS ARE NOT COMIN ON EBAY... IS THIS TRUE.. I AM FACING THIS PROBLEM...DO LET US KNOW IF ANY OTHER....
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

PaisaPay is still not working in Germany. This is bad for me. I am a top rated seller in Germany. Please work this out.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

online_sushil
Community Member
i am also facing very low sale from past one week, my sale just remain 10% only
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I have not seen a single sale for last 2 weeks . No idea what it takes to boost the sale. I have total of 11 sales for last 1 month out of which 3 buyers picked more than 1 product . So literally ebay could give only 5 customers over a period of 1 month. This is too less as compared to the reputation that ebay enjoyes.

Paromita Das
Fashion Designer & Garment Manufacturer ( Owner )
Fashion Studio Urban Purple
2nd Floor , Kapilan Orchid
# 25 , 7th Main , 80 Feet Road
Subana Palya Extn , Bangalore - 560043
Tel : 080 - 41126730
Message 30 of 30
latest reply