DSR's DRAMA - MYeBAY NEW VERSION HORRIBLE !!!

gehnna
Community Member
DEAR SELLERS HOW MANY OF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH DSR SYSTEM??????? - ANSWER Yes/No. With REASON.
HOW MANY YOU ARE HAPPY WITH NEW MYEBAY????
PLEASE ANSWER YES/NO. WITH REASON.

DETAIL SELLER RATING IS THE WORST THING ON EBAY, JUST REMOVE IT.
THE CUSTOMER NEVER CARE ABOUT IT, WE ARE NOT IDIOT WE SHIP ITEM VERY SAME DAY CUSTOMER RECEIVE IT NEXT DAY AFTERNOON STILL HE IS LEAVING FEEDBACK WITH 2 Or 1 DSR's What the hell is this tell me?
I am offering free shipping but the buyer is not giving 5 dsr's in shipping.
We are replying customers within few mins still customer giving 2 dsr's for communication, What the hell is this yaar. We are not here to waste our valuable time for few stars. Sick system needs to be suspend from site immediately. eBay stands on Buyer and Seller both. If you are offering DSR'S to buyer, Must offer some option to seller too. I am not happy with this system.
NEW MY eBay LOOK IS WORST. THE BEST ONE IS PREVIOUS ONE. AT LEAST WE CAN SEE EVERYTHING CLEARLY AND EASILY.
JUST RESTORE IT AT BEFORE VERSION.
WHY YOU MADE CHANGES WITHOUT TAKING BUYER AND SELLER OPINIONS. EBAY STAFF OR EBAY CEO IS NOT GOING TO USE MY EBAY PART. WE SELLER OR BUYER HAS TO USE IT. SO AS A SELLER I CAN CHALLENGE THAT THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF MY EBAY IS MUCH MUCH FAR BETTER THAN THE CURRENT VERSION. HOPELESS & Horrible tooooo.............. even we cannot see more than 25 sold items on one page.
very very horrible.......................
WITH REGARDS
KAPIL.K
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

spl_ind
Community Member
Dear eBay user,

I too heard about users having problems with the new My eBay page. Most eBay users in the US complained that the new My eBay page is taking longer time to download. Some said that their computers got hanged, etc.

Personally, I never had any problems with it till date. I think it is all about practice which I always do. I try to solve my problems by working on it regularly.

I use the My eBay page everyday and I have already learned how to customize it according to my needs. You can always change the default options and settings by clicking on the 'Page Options' and 'General Settings'.

I do not know much about DSR, so I will not be able to comment about it.

With Regards,

Suman.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

possibleblue
Community Member
Hi Friend
I strongly agree with you about DSR System...this is making very complicated and i feel this is really unwanted...there should be a limit to torcher the seller's
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

phil50530
Community Member
With new version I can no longer mark an item shipped as was the case with the old version. Is this a way to force use to use EBay shipping labels or is there a way I can mark an item shipped with the new version?

I can't mark an item paid neither but I understand this must be part of EBay's decision to turn to paperless payments.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hello,
I totally agree with ganpati.exports.

Mainly Indian buyers are not familiar about the importance of DSR and its effect on seller profile.

Most of the buyers tends to give 4 Star even if the communication, shipping charges shipping time was excellent and item was as described.

In general sense 4/5 Star is good but not in case of eBay.

I too provide FREE Shipping all over India, reply emails of buyers within minutes, provide all details about the items with multiple pictures and ship the item same day or within 24 hours.

But still buyers give LOW DSR?

What else a seller can do? I am really very disappointed the way eBay buyers use DSR System.

I think eBay need to educate buyers about DSR system and the sellers who provide FREE Shipping should automatically assign 5 Star for Shipping charges.

I will appreciate if other sellers will provide their views.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi

I totally agree with ganpati.exports. DSR system should be removed immediately as indian buyer have no sense of using it.We work day and night to get 5stars rating but at the end we get 2 or 3 its pathetic and sometimes even 1.
I request other sellers to comment on this DSR issue so that maybe eBay will understand our problem.

Thanks & Regards
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

gsmprince
Community Member
I m 2000% agree with ganpati.exports as well as other sellers who want ebay to remove so called DSR rating system buyer dont know what is the importance of this for sellers. you give whatever for buyers satisfaction but buyer wont give you upto mark DSR rating then what is the use of this nonsense system. in simple words Ebay and Buyers are playing with us rat & mouse game and here we (sellers) are mouse, they are playing with our life.

so my request is to remove this DSR system
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Dear ganpati exports,

There is no need to panic in this. The new version is for the benefit of the buyers as well as for the genuine sellers. This is prevailing in ebay.com and ebay.co.uk since a very long time. One year to be precise.

Earlier, the powersellers use to boast as being very established and great sellers on eBay and many of them are not shipping item even after 2 to 3 days of receiving the payment. Then they give excuses of bad courier service and so on..

The buyers buy from powerseller looking at the logo. The poor buyers feel that a powerseller must be someone "genuine" or "great" and will have very good service. When they don't get the item in 10 days, they complain to the "powerseller" who will give a canned response of poor courier service or postal service and the poor buyer will have to accept what comes out of the mouth of the so called powerseller.

It is good that eBay realised that it is foolish to have a powerseller logo which misguides innocent buyers. The real acknowledgement for a good seller is not the powerseller but the Top Rated Seller.

With the new DSR system and Top Rated Seller in place, eBay becomes a better online market place for the new sellers also. A new seller with 100 feedback can compete with an established seller with 2000 feedback.

The new system of DSR and Top Rated Seller is the best thing that has happened this year.

Moreover,please don't forget, when you sign the eBay user agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of eBay. It is never the vice versa. eBay doesn't require to ask sellers before making any changes in the system, my friend.

Lastly, please refrain from writing in capital letters. It is not a professional way to express your disagreement. You can use a polite language which is more effective that writing in capital letters. Other sellers as well as buyers will feel you are not a seasoned and tenured online professional if you are using the capital letters.

Regards,
Mustufa
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

i disagree with removal of the DSR. The DSR system is something that is unique to ebay and is used all over the world by ebay. But i do agree that Indians can be quite stingy when it comes to appreciative feedback...maybe its a cultural thing, who knows!?

anyway, what needs to be done by ebay is to have links to help page about the importance of DSR in a very accessible location just like it does with learn to buy and learn to sell links. education is the key, not removing the system altogether.

i honestly believe that DSR and feedback are the reason many sellers even bother to reply or co-operate or exchange damaged goods. even with the DSR in place, there are so many instances of ill-behavior by sellers here in the forums. it will be chaos and ebay will lose all credibility if DSR is removed. plus, there are sellers out there who have feedback rating over a thousand and have consistent DSR of above 4+ in all categories.

also, communication is not only about how soon you reply but what you reply. shipping is not only about how soon you shipped but also how well you packaged it and what condition the item was received in (if anything, there should be an additional DSR for condition of item received). item as described is not only about whether i got what the item description said but also about what was left out in the item description that i discovered when i received the item. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Age old proverb:
If you can't make money in America, you can't make money anywhere in the world.

Extension to the proverb:
If you are able to satisfy an Indian customer, you can delight any customer in the world.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply