DSR's DRAMA - MYeBAY NEW VERSION HORRIBLE !!!

gehnna
Community Member
DEAR SELLERS HOW MANY OF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH DSR SYSTEM??????? - ANSWER Yes/No. With REASON.
HOW MANY YOU ARE HAPPY WITH NEW MYEBAY????
PLEASE ANSWER YES/NO. WITH REASON.

DETAIL SELLER RATING IS THE WORST THING ON EBAY, JUST REMOVE IT.
THE CUSTOMER NEVER CARE ABOUT IT, WE ARE NOT IDIOT WE SHIP ITEM VERY SAME DAY CUSTOMER RECEIVE IT NEXT DAY AFTERNOON STILL HE IS LEAVING FEEDBACK WITH 2 Or 1 DSR's What the hell is this tell me?
I am offering free shipping but the buyer is not giving 5 dsr's in shipping.
We are replying customers within few mins still customer giving 2 dsr's for communication, What the hell is this yaar. We are not here to waste our valuable time for few stars. Sick system needs to be suspend from site immediately. eBay stands on Buyer and Seller both. If you are offering DSR'S to buyer, Must offer some option to seller too. I am not happy with this system.
NEW MY eBay LOOK IS WORST. THE BEST ONE IS PREVIOUS ONE. AT LEAST WE CAN SEE EVERYTHING CLEARLY AND EASILY.
JUST RESTORE IT AT BEFORE VERSION.
WHY YOU MADE CHANGES WITHOUT TAKING BUYER AND SELLER OPINIONS. EBAY STAFF OR EBAY CEO IS NOT GOING TO USE MY EBAY PART. WE SELLER OR BUYER HAS TO USE IT. SO AS A SELLER I CAN CHALLENGE THAT THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF MY EBAY IS MUCH MUCH FAR BETTER THAN THE CURRENT VERSION. HOPELESS & Horrible tooooo.............. even we cannot see more than 25 sold items on one page.
very very horrible.......................
WITH REGARDS
KAPIL.K
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I feel that the complete DSR concept should be revamped and DSR result has value only in an educated society, the four parameters of DSR namely:
1) Items as described.
2) Communication.
3) Ship time.
4) Shipping & handling charges.

The scores received make no real sense because an average individuals understanding of the above parameters varies in our society. I mean to say is that each persons concept of "Items as described" is different so in this cases what's the value of DSR score, nothing but a big ZERO. Yes it gives ebay another point to play around with and nothing more than that.

Most of my items on sale(90%) are with FREE shipping but my DSR on shipping is 4.4. In the case of Communication parameter, as soon as we receive an order we send out a welcome mail to the buyer with details of the product, cost paid by buyer, when we will ship the item, what warranty is applicable to him, what are the warranty terms and our contact information and after we ship the item we send another email to the buyer with the courier details and the precaution he should take at the time of delivery but still my DSR is 4.6 and not 5, why is this and is this correct, the reason is the buyer's incomplete understanding of the DSR concept and its relevance in the correct context. A lot also depends on the buyer's state of mind and what presumptions he has made for and about the product. In our society buyers become wise only after purchase not before that which is surprising.

I have found in umpteen listings that the Items have not all been described correctly and factually as it should be and that too across the sellers complete range to products but still his DSR for Items as described is 4.9, the same seller sells cosmetics, cutlery, undergarments and electronics, TV, DVD players but there are no images of the product, there is not technical specs of the product, what's given in detail is that the product is good for gifting and they deliver to every small town and corner of India and other such stuff which has no bearing for the product and occupies 95% of the listing but product has not been given even 5% importance and still DSR is 4.9.

The same goes for the other DSR parameters too, ebay should do a rethink of these parameters as per Indian way of thinking.

Power-seller status also means nothing now on ebay, the facility of FREE power-seller merchandise has been withdrawn so no FREE stuff and to top it all even the merchandise supplier has disappeared from ebay.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Agreed with real.Phoenix
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

This is just to filter out the genuine PowerSellers who are always trying hard to maintain their DSRs. The buyers will always remain King of eBay.

Just think what next step eBay will take to pressurise the sellers for best buyer experience?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

gehnna
Community Member
Hello Friends,

The Posting you are replying was posted on 3rd Apr 2009, When eBay upgrade the system and new DSR system was implemented, On that time I was very disappointed with all this new system but as soon as I started follow my account manager instruction, I found there is nothing wrong with the system, we have to change our working standards according to the system or buyer requirements.
Now on eBay the competition is to provide excellent services to buyers for getting all 5DSR's and only genuine sellers can be survive here.
Top Rated sellers policy is also introduce in India, it is a very good change on eBay site, I appreciate it. Few years back a seller who has many listings getting good business, but now a seller who has few 50 listings, but his feedback DSR's is good, I am sure that seller is getting perfect business on eBay and must have repeated orders from buyers. That is the big difference after DSR applies.
Our dsr ratings effect, eBay search results too, If you had good numbers in DSR your Item will appear on top in search results if you have low dsr ratings it’s a chance your item may now appear in eBay search results or appears at the last page of searched keyword/item. So better the DSR points higher chances of getting business.
Now Indian buyer are also well aware with the DSR'S system and as per my experience of last 6-7 months, If buyer is happy with you, he will defiantly gives you 5 dsr's if he is unhappy with the product he will give you less DSR or may be neutral feedback. The thing is what you show, describe in listings should be 100% accurate while shipping. Otherwise keep in mind buyer will leave low DSR points and low DSR points means low business. So we have to follow – Accurate and correct description, Proper Communication, Fast Shipping and excellent after sales service in case if buyer feel any problem with the product. That is the key which will get repeated buyer with all high number of DSR ratings.

Thank you all.....

With Regards
Kapil.K
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Let DSR be there it is not a problem but if DSRs are so important that a seller can even be suspended then DSRs should be open for review also DSRs should be transparent so the sellers know what they did wrong. This is true not only for Indian market for worldwide. Suppose a buyer is in a very bad mood due to factors other than his ebay purchase and he is giving feedback. he might end up giving low DSRs knowing fully well that he is not accountable to anybody since DSR is anonymous unlike feedback. Also buyers choose shipping as low as 4 USD for shipping to US and once it is more than one week they become impatient and they give low DSR for shipping time realizing little that they paid less and hence got item slower. So if DSRs are to be important index of seller performance they should be open to review too. Otherwise it will be like 'no appeal, no vakeel , no daleel'
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

HOW CAN I KNOW WHICH BUYER GIVE US 1 STAR OR 2 STAR RATINGS... HOW CAN WE FIND IT......
Message 16 of 16
latest reply