Blame Da Seller

Hello,

Indians have a nasty habbit of blaming others for any unforutnate happening. They never take responsibilty.

Childern Blame their parents if do not do well in life.

Students Blame thier Teachers if they do not do well in Exams.

Employees Blame thier Boss if they do not get ahead in Life.

Everyone Blames the Govt. for Everything.

The same is transalating into eBay.in All Buyers are playing Blame the Seller Game.

1) If they do not understand the buying process, Blame the Seller.

2) If product get delayed or lost in Transit - Blame the Seller.

3) If the product is not per their expectations Blame the Seller.

4) If they are unable to use the product, Blame the Seler.

5) If buyers cannot comprehend English or do not understand what is offerred, still Blame the Seller.

6) If their payment is stuck in PaisaPay or thier Bank, Blame the seller.

7) If they do not read the terms or the seller or do not care to understand them, Blame the Seller.

8) If they had a fight with their wives in the morning, Blame the seller.

All this transalates in Huge Negative Ratings and Disputes for almost every seller on this site. The Negatives Ratings on the site would not cause such a problem as all sellers are in the same boat and the average ratings ratio of all sellers is in a simillar band. Yes this band is much different from the genteel European countries and even U.S. but we Indians are like this only.

However the real problem comes when eBay.in considers only Buyers as right and are suspending sellers without any proper study of the root of the problem. Genuine sellers like RistComputers have a negative ratings ratio in excess of 20-25% of their positives. Even I was shocked to have received 4 negative ratings for my id cameras-n-such in 1 week after going for 2 years without a single negative.

I have seen that most sellers (almost 80%) have been suspended atleast once in last 6 months.

Indian buyers cannot be educated as they will always play Blame the Seller Game. Sellers in India will never be able to satisfy all the customers and still turn a profit. Only eBay.in can provide the answer.

I would think the sane answer is being gentle on the sellers, calling them for a meeting, taking their feedback and try to work a way where Buyer Satisfaction can be improved without causing drastic Seller Dissatifaction (suspension at the drop of a hat).
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Blame Da Seller

snrama
Community Member
Yes, the only soultion is Buyer Verification which helps 50% of the fake buyers.

But we can't do anything as all buyers mind wouldn't be the same. ---------------
With Regards,
Snrama 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Blame Da Seller

atulnc1
Community Member
SNRAMA IS 100% RIGHT,STRICT BUYER VERIFICATION WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM TO SOME EXTENT,

THIS CAN ALSO BE REDUCED BY EDUCATING THE BUYERS ABOUT EBAY POLICIES AND ITS FUNCTIONING,ALSO EBAY STAFFS SHOULD TRY AND ARRANGE SEMINARS,ONLINE DISCUSSIONS WHICH WIL REALLY HELP THE BUYERS UNDERSTAND "HOW DOES EBAY FUNCTION"

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE EFFORT EBAY MADE WHEN THEY INTRODUCED THE "I KNOW THE EBAY CONTEST", DUE TO THIS CONTEST MANY OF THE BUYERS AND SELLERS WERE BENIFITTED.
IT HELPED ME A LOT,SO WHY NOT INTRODUCE SUCH QUIZES OR DO SOME INTERESTING THING THAT BUYERS AND SELLERS ALSO ENJOY WHILE THE COME TO KNOW HOW EXACLLY DOES EBAY WORK

ATUL
Message 3 of 3
latest reply