Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets learn from each other's expertise

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear All,

Hello,

Lets Learn from each other's expertise.
I am starting this thread where contributions from everybody is expected.
May it be the Champions of Baazee ERA OR the New Comers.
Helpful ebay Staff members too are requested to show their presence.

The purpose of this thread is to put forward your expertise / knowledge which you think would be helpful to other members.

It may be Tips .....which may help in Selling better.

It may be pointing out..... the best Courier Company for National Selling.

It may be the best email service available.

It may be something related to Computers, Windows, Anti-virus, Ad-ware, spy-ware.

It may be something which others shouldn't do .....unknowingly.

Anything which you think would be helpful to others.

Just don't think that a particular TIP is quite common ....there may be someone who might be benefitted out of that.

MY CONTRIBUTION

I am giving you a small TIP ......many of you must be aware of this. But I still feel that there may be few who are un-aware of this.....

For All those who are using Windows XP and find that the system takes too long to BOOT UP.
Also, when you shut down ....the system takes time.
This may be due to many Items place in the start up.
That is..... many icons placed at the right hand bottom........ near the clock.
Icons of skype, Blinking net connection, webshots, Anti-virus, Bit meter, fax, MSN messanger...etc etc..
This slows down the machine quite a lot.
There may be many, who have higher configuration with higher RAM, but still the TIP may be useful.

Just HIBERNATE the system while closing.
For this.... Click start
Click...Turn off Computer.
Press SHIFT.
The Standby button would change to Hibernate.
Keeping the shift pressed ...left click HIBERNATE.

This will save your current desktop state to your hard disk so that you can resume where you left off, than shuts down your computer.

HOPING TO SEE MORE TIPS ON THIS THREAD.

regards

IndConcepts

customer king signature 50x220

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Umang

I feel this thread should be really helpful :
Thank you for your Hibernate tip. Let me try it out...

My Tip :
To decrease negative ratings, build trust between you and your buyer, and to give them an overal enriching experience...

Customise the auto-mails that are sent by eBay to the buyers. This includes Item Purchased email, payment reminder email, payment received email, item dispatched email and feedback reminder email. I feel the wordings by default are pathetic ( sorry eBay, but thats how i feel ).

Just spend 5-10 minutes and think of your own wordings and incorporate them in these auto responders. They will surely give your business a good boost. We have been using this since some time now, and it works.

Last month we received 224 positve, 3 neutral and 0 negative. I am sure my mails are one big reason for this. The second reason is that i have been lucky enough not to get bad, non-cooperative buyers !

This tip is only for SM Pro subscribers because only SM Pro offers you the facility to customise your emails ( I may be wrong on this, but can any SM subscriber please enlighten whether this facility is available with SM ? ?

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 2 of 280
latest reply

avertek_infosys
Community Member
Hi Abhishek

SM also has the facility to customise emails but it does not have auto-reply option. You have to send emails manually.

Regards

Ajay Verma =============
Ajay
Message 3 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

People using XP and still not able to do HIBERNATE....may check for the following.

Click ....Start
Click ....Control panel
Click.....Power Option
Click the 3rd TAB....which is Hibernate
Tick the box against ...enable hibernate
Click OK

I would thank Ajay Verma for pointing this out.

regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello ,

Another Tip from my side.

e-Transactions are increasing day in and day out.

Everybody has a Credit Card.

Most of us know..... what precautions one has to take with his / her card.

Using a Credit Card on ebay is quite safe.

One need not worry about the transmission of His / Her Credit Card information since it is protected using 128 bit Verisign encryption, the highest safety standard.

The TIP is.....

That you use your Credit Card at a number of Places....Restaurants, Petrol Pumps, shops etc.

Someone may note down the numbers and use it over the net.
Then you are in for unnecessary troubles.

The best is to hide the extra 3 digits of your Credit Card.
That is the 3 digits after the 16 digits Card Number.

Then it won't be that easy for the Fraudster.
He will have to try punching hundreds of time before he can guess the 3 digits out of 999.

Just blank it off by pasting a small black paper on the extra 3 digits.
I have done it on all my Credit Cards.

regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 5 of 280
latest reply

entertainmentstore
Community Member

Hello friends,

A little bit of input from my end for all co-sellers...

This is basically for those who have not started off with their Shop/Store on eBay...

I strongly feel one should start off with his store on eBay... you can avail of several benefits such as..:

- You get your own URL

- You can promote your products via your own product pages by using Listing headers and other several options

- You can collect your customer database by asking them to subscribe to your store mailing list.

- One can send mailers from your account to the subscribers of your store... This would be exclusive your store mailer where you select what to showcase and what not. You can send them to your mailing list. eBay gives first 100 mails every month free.

- If you are creative enough you can actually design your own store... You can showcase what you want on your store by using various promotional tools (free of cost)

- You can have your own search engine within the store wherein if a buyer searches for a product it will search only within your store.

- You can create your own categories and showcase your products in the same.

- One can create promotional flyers and insert them along with your parcels for your product promotions.

- One can list their listings for a period of 30/60/90 days or GTC 'good till cancell' thru store listings.

There might be many more benefits that one gets by subscribing to an advanced shop. All the above features come along with the basic shop subscription.

Hope this info helps our co-sellers...

Thanks.

Regards,
Raheel Humza

Message 6 of 280
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Umang,

A very good post started. I do visit Technology Forums most of the times. This is helpful to many.

My Tip :

Use a good antivirus like McAfee / Trend Micro with a firewall. This will safeguard your computer

Also do back up your eBay listings (Turbo Lister) in a Blank Media so that you will not lose if your system crashes or infected by virus. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 7 of 280
latest reply

skyshopindia
Community Member
Hi everybody

Here is a little tip for those who use Internet thru Proxy net connection specially in office.

In direct net connection (Dialup or Broadband)there is no problem to access emails from Yahoo or Gmail using email client Outlook Express thru POP.

But thru Proxy Connection, I was not able to access emails from either Gmail or Yahoo. I will be thankfull if anyone can give some tips in this regard.

But I have done the same indirectly.

1. I have a Free Hotmail Account (250MB). And I have set this account in Outlook Express.
2. I have forwarded all email from gmail and yahoo account (POP and Forwarding facilities are available with both this server) to Hotmail account.
3. And smoothly receiving emails three in one account using Outlook Express.

This tips for those who don't know about the mail Forwarding features of Yahoo and gmail account. This feature will help you operate three account from only one account.

My next tips will be how to make a Hotmail account size to 250 MB if any one don't know or show interest.

Achintya
Message 8 of 280
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Hmm interesting thread ...

My tips

Whn leaving your PC on for a while for some task like Up;loading hundreds of items using turbolister or some other .. its good to set power save options such that the computer automatically Hibernates/Shuts Down after a while if left inactive. I generally keep these tasks on duting night and incase i fellasleep the pc switches off automatically.

Click ....Start
Click ....Control panel
Click.....Power Option

Also Hibernation preserves all your data (dosent quites active apps) so incase you left something incompelte you can get back and compelte it.

2. Antivirus:

I prefer to use AVG Free antivirus. Its very effective and overall its Free. Always a better option than using pirated antivirus softwares or spending hundreds unnecessarily. Recently the KS Virus was first detected and blocked by AVG. Similarly ZoneAlarm is a good firewall and is free. ALso Ad-Aware from lavasoft.

3. Credit Cards:

I used HDFC's Netsafe which generates Credit Cards specially for onlien shopping. A number generated can be used only once and is valid for only 1 day. visit: http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/payments/netsafe.htm

4. Email

I normally have just over 1200-1500 mails a month. I feel Gmail is the best for speed and chat system. ANd indexing and classification is not a issue with the excellent seach option. (the speed of gmail is the best thing about it.)

Regards

Shall come back with more.
Correct me if i am wrong anywhere :) !!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 9 of 280
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
In a recen thread Thethirdi honestly tried a lot to describe how to put a logo in the postings but the messages were not properly visible due to technical complications. Can you please try to describe how to do that. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 10 of 280
latest reply