Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets learn from each other's expertise

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear All,

Hello,

Lets Learn from each other's expertise.
I am starting this thread where contributions from everybody is expected.
May it be the Champions of Baazee ERA OR the New Comers.
Helpful ebay Staff members too are requested to show their presence.

The purpose of this thread is to put forward your expertise / knowledge which you think would be helpful to other members.

It may be Tips .....which may help in Selling better.

It may be pointing out..... the best Courier Company for National Selling.

It may be the best email service available.

It may be something related to Computers, Windows, Anti-virus, Ad-ware, spy-ware.

It may be something which others shouldn't do .....unknowingly.

Anything which you think would be helpful to others.

Just don't think that a particular TIP is quite common ....there may be someone who might be benefitted out of that.

MY CONTRIBUTION

I am giving you a small TIP ......many of you must be aware of this. But I still feel that there may be few who are un-aware of this.....

For All those who are using Windows XP and find that the system takes too long to BOOT UP.
Also, when you shut down ....the system takes time.
This may be due to many Items place in the start up.
That is..... many icons placed at the right hand bottom........ near the clock.
Icons of skype, Blinking net connection, webshots, Anti-virus, Bit meter, fax, MSN messanger...etc etc..
This slows down the machine quite a lot.
There may be many, who have higher configuration with higher RAM, but still the TIP may be useful.

Just HIBERNATE the system while closing.
For this.... Click start
Click...Turn off Computer.
Press SHIFT.
The Standby button would change to Hibernate.
Keeping the shift pressed ...left click HIBERNATE.

This will save your current desktop state to your hard disk so that you can resume where you left off, than shuts down your computer.

HOPING TO SEE MORE TIPS ON THIS THREAD.

regards

IndConcepts

customer king signature 50x220

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello girishsona_in1,

Thanks for contributing to this thread.

I myself am also using this AVG since last 2 months.
It's really very good but I suppose it will expire after 3 months and then one needs to down load it again. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 271 of 280
latest reply

Hello N A Katib,
I am sorry for not writing for a long time.In fact I am still on holiday setting.My health is not good.
I ship light weight items like stones,stamps,used travellers cheks etc by fgn-regd-airmail and it costs below Rs100.For sending stamps,I charge 1 to 1.5 US$.In case I ship multiple items,the weight is more,and costs more.You are also selling stone items.It is ,more or less safe,but you may have to suffer delay.But international trading means some delays, because of airport sorting here in India and customs delay in receipient country.
Indiapost inside India is fast and safe except in Bihar.
If you have any other questions,you can ask me.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 272 of 280
latest reply

nakatib
Community Member
hi amitavagems123!
i am sorry you had to take time out of your vacation for this. i appreciate your devotion to help other ebayers.this information has been of great help. thanks a billion.all the best to you in ebay and othrwise. do take care of your health.
best regards
n a katib
Message 273 of 280
latest reply

vijaypatnaik2k7
Community Member
230130508706 Seller ID TANOTESHWARY

I have just raised a refund claim on this item which was not delivered. To my surprise, I am to get only Rs.95.00 !!

Whereas I have been charged Rs. 230
Sale price: Rs. 145.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: Rs. 145.00
Shipping & Handling: Flat Rate Courier - Delivery anywhere in India: Rs. 85.00

Neither am I getting the full refund of the product, nor for the courier charges, which was never sent.

On that EBAY is charging Rs.50 too ensuring that it gets its money out of nowhere.

The seller is absconding with Rs.230 in full.

In the bargain the buyer is left with only Rs.95 !!! with no product on hand !!!

Its not ebay its become ebuntybubly for ebay and sellers alike.

I think this case should go to consumer forum.
Message 274 of 280
latest reply

Hi Indconcepts,
I unsubscribed my shop.I have to get some stones removed from my stomach.I wont be able to attend to buyers.I got to save my life first.
I want to place some of my observations about 2 aspects.
1.The 1 buck free shipping listings dont benefit sellers in anyways because apart from the loss,the buyers either dont give FB or get unregistered soon and their FBs are removed.One of my FBs has already been removed.I saw another new buyer got unregistered this morning.Most likely,his FB also is going to be removed in an hour or two.Compared to that,my French or German buyers are much better.They are good at giving nice FBs.
2.Keeping a shop is basically uneconomical.Besides being outside the core area with less visibility,it costs more if I calculate a total listing of 500 items below INR 2000 in a month.
One pays INR 700 min.At that price,I can list 700 items in a rotation with better visibility.
What do you think??
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 275 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Amitava,

I wish you best of the Health.
Get yourself treated and be back soon.

You are quite right in saying that Listing hundreds of Items in the Shop may sometimes be quite un-economical if one is not getting enough Sales.
This is very true when one is selling Low value Items at a nominal margin.

Better is to sell few High value Items by Listing those in the core site.

I have a shop ... but at the moment I am not listing any Item in Shop Format. All my Items are listed on core site. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 276 of 280
latest reply

nakatib
Community Member
hi amtavagems123!
get well soon. i read your last post and agree with u thoroughly.we can come to such conclusions only on experience.i too had removed my shop for quite some months. i only registered again to add viewers to my shop format.it is also cheaper to list in shop formay than to list each item 4 times in a month.
regards with best of health
n a katib
Message 277 of 280
latest reply

Hi indconcepts,and N A Katib,
Thanx for your good wishes.Ebay community carries a lot of meaning for me.
If indconcept remembers,I am doing shop listing from the very begining,immediately after I managed to remove my first mfw,as advised by indconcepts, and reached FB score of 5,I subscribed a shop.In those days,that was the minimum point to qualify for a shop.
And that was lucky for me.Soon my first international buyer purchased a total of 110 US$.After a few days another buyer from Australia purchased 91 items at a time.
My question is why the shop listings dont sell at that speed nowadays?
I feel that the shop link should appear at the top left corner in home page.
There is another factor.Wholesale cut stones and ethnic wear used to be highlighted at that time.International buyers are attracted by these two items very much.
The top selling item was jewelry.Now the top selling item is stamp.Time has changed.
But the home page links need to be rearranged.I dont know what you think.We got somethings to learn from dot com.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 278 of 280
latest reply

shriganapati111
Community Member
Dear Friends,

We plan to ship our items internationally by AMAREX COURIER because comperatively it is economical.

Please let us know about the quality of service provided by this courier company.

With Regards,

J.N.Sharma
Message 279 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello J.N.Sharma ,

Aramex is one of the leading Names in Logistics and you can bank upon it.

I have never used it for International shipments but they are quite good as far as Domestic shipments are concerned. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 280 of 280
latest reply