cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of registration from ebay.in

chetana_vmurthy
Community Member
Please help me to unregister myself from ebay.in as I am not happy with the seller's demands after I won a bid on 9th October 2006 (Nokia 6233 Smart Phone).
At first he asked me to pay through PaisaPay (Credit Card)-the transaction was rejected because the buyer could not be contacted. Then I requested the seller for an invoice for the item and he insists that I take a Demand Draft for Rs. 11900. After I do so, he tells me that after Diwali the stock is available and then he will ship me the item. After 10 days of Diwali, I write to the seller to know the status of the item. In the return mail, he tells me to send another cheque for Rs. 1500 as additional courier charges along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 11900. This is rather very ridiculous. Seeing all these additional requirements, I get frustrated and seek his permission to cancel the deal and in turn he writes to me that it is OK if I cancel the deal.
In this context, I wish to unregister myself from this website as it caused me lot of hinderances. I am totally unsatisfied. Please help me how to unregister myself.
Chetana Murthy
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

mastersniper1
Community Member
Look here:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/basics/closedAccount.html
http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/closing-account.html
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

As a co-member I feel sorry that you had such a disappointing experience in ebay. Whatever the seller has done is illegal as per ebay rules and you could have complained against the seller to ebay for appropriate actions.
You can close the account with the links provided by mastersniper, but I wish to express my opinions regarding this.

First, for such cases please mention the sellers name and item no. on the board.

Rather than closing your account, I would suggest you to keep your account idle and surf for a month, occassionally, in ebay. You will find that there are millions of satisfying deals being transacted here. Yes there are frauds and scrupulous persons like the seller you interacted with but there are many serious and honest members too. You just need to follow one's feedback rating , some other things and know the basic ebay rules.

I am sure you will have some excellent buying experience if you continue your membership with eBay.

Lastly, always try to pay thru PaisaPay as such payments are insured upto 50K against non-delivery and inad. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 3
latest reply