cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP : : Cheated by Seller : guru_electronics/gurtej_associates

punarnava
Community Member
Hi,

Last week I realized that I got cheated by the seller named guru_electronics,who calls himself Gurtej Singh.And he is from Punjab.

Upon winning an n73 mobile phone on auction, I got in touch with him over phone and email, and promptly paid via cash, to his bank account. But from the next day onwards he has stopped taking my calls and has also withdrawn his profile from the site. I also came to hear from another lady whom he had cheated.

I am not eligible for the ebay buyer protn pgm becasue I paid by cash. But, I am not new to the courts or cases; and so there is no way that I am gonna leave that crook alone. Will make him pay 10times in court !! And of course I have solid evidence by way of phone calls, sms's, email-exchanges and bank-reciepts which I am sure will help me corner him.

All I want to know is : How can I get in touch with ebay team, to receive help on the legal proceedings and details. And to what extent I can expect help from them. I would also be grateful if any buyer who has had any experience with fighting a case (against an ebay seller) could kindly share his/her experience.

Please reply as soon as possible.
Looking forward to get him behind bars very soon..
Thank You

Punarnava
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

bloke_in1
Community Member
your best option is to file a case with cyber crime cell of local police and proceed to the court.
ebay is useless and will do nothing. dont even bother to wait for ebay to help you.
since u have his cell no, the police should be able to track the @$$
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

bloke_in1
Community Member
anyways if you want to get in touch with ebay i have their address: write to me at scs_scs at hotmail
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I am sure ebay would help you with related data in case you file a case against him.

You will have to write to trust & safety department of ebay through standard web form.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

But before that you are eligible for protection upto Rs.10,000 if you have some proof of payment.(That cash receipt may be accepted as a proof of payment)

You may have a look at the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/esppp-process.html .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

With your Bank deposit receipt you can claim refund from ebay, as suggested by indconcepts. The refund amount (upto 10K) will be Item Price (excl. shipping charges) - Rs.50

Hope you will not have to loose much.

As per the news paper reports, recently ebay helped Bengal Police to catch a big ebay cheater named Shakhawat Hussain. I am sure with some proof and evidence, ebay will also get this cheater.

Lastly, its better to mention the item no. in such complains. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

punarnava
Community Member
Hey..

Thanks guys! That was very encouraging.
I wonder if the ebay team cares to read thei help discussion boards at all !! One thing I know is that their LIVE Chat is anything but ALIVE !!

So indconcepts, as I said, I am not eligible for the Std Prchse Protn Pgm cuz I payed via cash. They have specifically mentioned that in the 'What transaction is not eligible' page.

Anyways let me contact the ebay guys first, to know their stance. Then I'll move on to the the court and/or police station. And swarup, the bengal case instills hope. More than the money I lost I wanna punish him for the arrogance with which he cheated me and misused the trust that I had (and which i'll never have again!!) for him and the system.

So before I get my advocate I'll register a case at the local police station right ? Or do I get the lawyer to fill out the 'Legal Proceedings' web form ?

Grateful for any more help..

Thanks a bunch..
Peace!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply