cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correctdate of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Dear Amitava,

No need to say thanks yaar..Its really frustuating matter that PAYPAL not have any direct contact email. Evethough now a days they are taking more than 2 days to reply to our query. Really its good if any other payment method will be implemented for us. So that we will not face such issues. Have you tried ALERTPAY?

Thanks
Vilas
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

Hi Vilas,
PayPal and eBay enjoy monopoly. It is difficult for any other site or gateway to beat them. I have not tried anything else.
But somehow or other, I always had a reservation about dot com and PayPal. When eBay encouraged Indian sellers to close shop in India and open a store in dot com, I did not jump for it. The reason is simple. I am more comfortable at my home-site. It is easier to work with eBay India.
At least for me. So, I shall try to forget PayPal and dot com for the time being even though that means less money and loss of TRS and silver PS. I want peace. I am a follower of Gandhi and Christ.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
I do not understand something.
My e-filing of taxes are visible in the income tax website.
I have seen that after I logged in yesterday.
How can they say that my name does not match my PAN?
Any clue?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

I am still waiting.
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

Hello,

I received an email on 1st October regarding account limitation and since then I am fighting to the end with various Customer Care representatives to know the fault of us and finally after many phone calls to Paypal directly, they requested us to re-add our Bank Account and we did that on 2nd November and sent us an email that within 48-72 hours the matter will be finally resolved.

After that, I have made 4 phone calls to Payapl and they say: on our side no problem and they are waiting for Indian Third Party verification Person's report. They further say that we are in the queue and as soon as they receive report from India, they will lift the limitations.

My experience so far with Ebay in 7 years:

System of Ebay is so good that hardly any Human touch is required and Customer Care safely writes-- We are always at your service 24X7. But if any occassion arises -- not a single responsible person is there to shoulder the responsibility.

Only God can help, nobody else.

This observation is 100% true as we had many many such occassions.

May Almighty give Ebay enough strength and Wisdom.

Ashok Agarwala
Message 45 of 50
latest reply

prazy11
Community Member
I was looking to sell my iPhone at eBay but now I'm quite scared with the emerging PayPal issue and thinking to cancel the deal.?:| Pls. advise.
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Still waiting. Thank you.
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
By the grace of Gandhi Bapu, lord Jesus Christ and living god Anna Hazare, my limitations on business account is removed.
I am grateful to Navin Mistry and Seema ji.
I am grateful to Prea Gopinauth madam.
I am grateful to young A/C manager Aneesh Pujari.
I am grateful to Mr. Toni, Mr. Rex and Grace Madam of PayPal customer support team.
I am grateful to my friends here for your sympathy.
Ebay India is great. Let us make it greater.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

kanthanmmills
Community Member
I am selling in eBay for past two years and I am using PayPal for payment.But for the last two month my account is restricted for receiving payment saying PAN is not valid.But this I am using this PAN till last Financial year IT returns.I am surprising why PayPal could not verify my PAN.But I have one issue as my name in PAN is with my initial extension.Is name making any confuse.I have raised more than 5 calls in resolution center but till now no reply but I am losing many of my USA,UK business.Please help me to come out of this issue.
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Hi.. I m Dinesh .. My have problem more in PayPal but this comfire don't account bank in PayPal it problem solve but i want verifie account bank plz how this about it reply me
Message 50 of 50
latest reply