Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correctdate of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
Hello,

Just received some positive response from ebay India. In brief, Ebay India has provided a link where we can submit our details/problems regarding this Paypal issue. I have contacted my friends and strangely only a few received this mail from ebay India. I request to affected sellers, please follow the link given below and submit your details

http://pages.ebay.in/selling/PPCSForm.html

It has been discussed many times but the truth is there is NO alternate to paypal, at least not for ebay sellers. Once Alertpay, moneybookers etc would become popular as Paypal in India, they will also draw /exchange huge amounts of currency daily and then RBI will order them to follow same procedures. Paypal has been appyling all the rules and regulations slowly but surely because paypal wants to stay here but i think others will leave the country the day they face these regulations.

Regards
Message 31 of 50
latest reply

To get your name and PAN, open https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/knowpan.do
And fill up name and date of birth, click submit. It takes less than a second to get all details and PAN and name and all. Funny PayPal taking days and weeks to match name and PAN. My issue is not yet resolved.
Message 32 of 50
latest reply

Looks like only I am left out.
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

Hello Sellers,

As per my experiance, If you are sole properitor of your business & you have registered under paypal business account then Paypal want PAN number with your respective business name. If your personal name not a business firm name will appear on pan card then they will simply reject it stating pan not matching. So It will be better to create premier account with paypal so that such issue will not arise.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Hi Vilas,
Thanx for reply. But what is the solution?
Do I downgrade to premier account?
Please guide me.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

Hi Vilas,
I tried to downgrade to premier from profile. But it has only one button beside 'Business Account'. It says 'close account'.
That means I have to close my PayPal account and I lose all my information already entered, isn't so? Then there may be problem to open new account. They may ask different email ID. They may ask different bank details. They may ask different credit card. They may ask different PAN. Well, I do not know where it all will lead me to. I am just scared.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

Dear Amitava,

Yes you are absolutely correct. You have to open new account because downgrading account is not possible. Yes you have to add everything new not previously used. Because if you use previously used card you will get error massage as "already used for other account contact XYZ". But that email ID which they are giving on that mail sending is not possible. I tried to send email, but mails are getting bounced. If you create profile under premier account then use same pan number which you have and create account with your personal name. You will see on second day only the account will be fully activated.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 37 of 50
latest reply

Hi Vilas,
Thanks a lot for that info.
Since you have gone through this process, just tell me if I got to have a new bank account?
Truly,
Amitava
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

Dear Amitava,

yes you have to add new bank account because if you try to add older account you will get same error that account already in use to another member. So its better to enter new account details.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 39 of 50
latest reply

Hi Vilas,
Thank you very much.
PAN we got to give every time we want to open a bank account. But I am surprised the way PayPal handles it. It is difficult to explain to US and other international buyers.
I serve buyers. Because they are my clients.
It is enough mess and I shall still try to persuade PayPal to see reason. I am not in a hurry. That stage is over. Now PayPal has to satisfy buyers.
Thanks again very much,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 40 of 50
latest reply