cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sellor - reactions after a negative feedback

Please advice how to react in the following circumstances.

I have been regularly on eBay - smooth and petty issues.
Usually they get resolved quickly.

My last transaction - was a CD from Vijaywada.
The tracking number on the courier company was not correct; courier company was very very rude - and even told me - to go and meet the local rep in Baroda.

Sellor - I called him 10 times, and all the times he told me that he will respond - but did not.

In the end courier company called me and started with - did u get it? no introductions, not even checking if I am free to take call.

Finally I got the item, and gave a feedback as per my experience.

Now the sellor is sending me mails after mails to change it from a negative to positive and has offered me bribes of free stuff to do so.

Even refusal - is like he is stalking me.

How do you handle this?
Are buyers suppose to be harassed ?
Can these sellers not be banned?
Can the courier companies get a rating - if they are good or not?
Do we as buyers to be pushed in giving only positive feedbacks?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi sir i feel really sorry for the experience you have got.Nowadays courier companies behave such rude.What you can do is just go online log into the courier company's website and lodge a complaint quoting the tracking number and the company will take sure action against the employees.If we are leaving such disrespects as customers then they will start doing more.Even your complaint can cancel the dealership of the person concerned with your area.

Buyers are the top most priority people in ebay.They should never be harassed for any reason.On behalf of all good sellers in ebay i ask sorry to you.

I can suggest you one thing before you buy.Instead of viewing the rating for communication in sellers feedback profile you can contact the latest customer who have made a purchase,about the seller to have a better idea.

If more negative feedbacks come for a seller ebay will ban the seller.

Buyers have the right to give negative feedbacks.But you can think of the seller and give him a chance to solve your problem before giving negative rating.Because its only the Feedbacks which give business for the sellers.Surely a good seller will resolve your problem if given a second chance.Kindly give the seller a chance to serve in a better way.If he acts as per your need you can kindly revise the feedback.Because a seller's life in ebay is gone to zero with a negative feedback.

And once again sorry for the bad experience you had.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I see this example as very interesting one. This highlights typically that the seller bears the brunt for no fault of his. I will take this point-wise.

...the courier company was very very rude
-If the courier cos is rude to the buyer, how is the poor seller responsible for the bad behavior ???

...you called the seller 10 times but he did not respond
-Yes the seller should have responded to your call, but besides sympathising with you he can really do nothing once the parcel leaves his hand and what control does the seller have on how some person behaves 100's of miles away from his place is beyond my understanding.

...Finally I got the item, and gave a feedback as per my experience.
-Yes you got your item, but what did the seller get, a "Negative feedback" for no fault of his.

@skagarawal sir, please see the situation in the above light and then reason if the feedback left by you was proper or not. Who got punished, the seller but your real grievance with the courier cos but you have done nothing to them ??????

************************************ Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

To M/S Rajelectronics...

... once the item leaves the seller he has nothing to do..
_____ I read as - once the item leaves - the seller responsibility is over and if the items fails - so what? seller has not produced it, nor took it, now used it - so why should he be blamed???

---- courier company was chosen by the seller. Before I gave the feedback, I called the seller - and he told me - he will call back. No response.
I wrote to him - no response.
Finally I called the courier company and traced it - spending my time and my money for the profit of seller - after all what can seller do !!!!!

I think, I gave a fair chance to seller - by calling him about 10 times, writing him mails to solve the problem - but no response is what?

We are also in business to sell to international customers, but at least we respond; we call the courier company to make sure item reaches; and keep the customer informed.

On 2 mistakes - we change the courier company.

We are in business because of the customer, and NOT because of the courier company.

OK.. To make it more... when the seller requested to change the feedback; I finally agreed to make it neutral. But then again the seller is pushing to make it positive.

A seller who had no time to respond to mail and calls - suddenly has time to write a few mails a day !!!!!

I have been buying regularly, and there have been problems - to the extend of item lost in transit. But the seller handled the matter by apologizing, and reaching a acceptable solution.

We are all sales people - and our responsibility is till the items works and customer is happy. Then the sale is complete !!!!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@skagarawal...

I do agree with some parts of what you have written.

I agree with you 100% that the seller could have and he should have handled the situation in a professional manner. The way he has gone about it is very bad.

Regarding courier cos, you name it and we have used them and all are the same, some are good on some days and others are good on some other. In India all courier cos have hooligan behavior, the word courtesy/manners/antiquate does not exist in their vocab.

*********************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for understanding.

However if the courier companies are like this - and it is making the sellers and buyers unhappy - then we can ask eBay to have a separate feedback for courier companies them selves.
And - may be we can ask the buyer if he is OK to use a standard courier or a premium courier.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Dear Mr Agarwal,
You must be much younger than me.
A small advice::Please dont leave a feedback which you yourself will like to change afterwards.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I am 52 years old and working at a very sr level in a large Indian corp.
We deal with all type of people and clients... all over the world.

All feedbacks that I post are where I am ready to stand and sign by it.

And feedbacks are to see clients issues - and how they can be corrected/ improved upon.

My person way of looking is - I am responsible for my delivery till the item is in the hands of customer and there is a smile on his face.
Till the smile is there - I am responsible.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Sellers Responsibility

1. Communication (Phone / Email which ever convenient)
2. Dispatch on time, or else Refund asap if out of stock.
3. Tracking with the courier company until delivery
4. Once delivered, request for feedback.
5. After sales if any issues arise. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Hi Navaneeth,
You are absolutely right.
This seller needs a tutorial.