Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: Key changes for sellers selling on US site,10 Sep 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

As you must be aware, in the last week of September, lot of changes will be rolled out on eBay.com and other eBay international sites. These changes will significantly impact business for sellers selling to international buyers. Click Here to see the details.

We are conducting this workshop to help you understand those changes and how you need to change your business strategy to benefit from the changes. Details:

Workshop Topic: Key Changes for sellers selling to International buyers
Workshop Date: 10th September 2009
Workshop TIme: 4 - 5 PM

Please post your questions in advance or attend the workshop on Thursday, 10th September 2009 from 4 PM – 5 PM on this link.

Looking forward to the interaction!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Hi Sapana,
I list fixed price shop items at US and auction items at UK.
My question is::
I understand DSR,but is TSR and DSR determined on the same criteria?
Why I am asking this is that,volume of sell nobody can predict.The simple idea of listing more items obviously will result in cannibalism.
Does TSR depend on volume of sell????????
If it is so then please count me out.I shall not be a victim of cannibalism where my own items will eat up each others profit.
Can I expect more transparency???
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Amitava da (amitava123gems),

By TSR, I am assuming you mean eBay Top Rated seller. Top rated seller is a way to recognise sellers who have a reasonable quantity of sales and have high customer satisfaction which reflects in their DSR scores.

To qualify for Top Rated seller, you need to be a PowerSeller on India.
AND
You need to have 100 transactions and $3000 GMV in past 12 months.
AND
Low DSRs (1s and 2s) on no more than 0.50% of all transactions with U.S. buyers on each of their 4 DSRs. Click Here for more details

On your My eBay > Seller Dashboard > Check your low DSR

In this section, it will quickly tell you if you qalify for top rated seller and on which couts you are not meeting.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

kan_79
Community Member
i have read the details. it seems 100 transactions per year is required with U.S. buyers only. please clarify. do the transactions with other buyers from other countries and india count in 100 txns per yr criteria? mine is showing txns 61 till 15 august 2009 but i doubt that . my feedback score is much more than that and obviously each feedback means one transaction NO????
Please clarify. i satisfy all the Top rated seller requirements except this one: total no of txns per yr.
My DSRs are also in very good state. don't know why i should suffer because i did not have enough (??) txns with U.S buyers. (most probably they are counting USA buyers only)
Please let me know will the power seller badge still be shown on my item listings once the new changes are implemented?
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Hi Sapana,
Thank you very much.
I cant read the meaning of those tables.
It says figures available for 16 transactions.
The first table shows all figures 0.00 and second table shows all blank.
What is all these? I am not able to understand any meaning.
Cant you make it more simple?
Cant you just say,OKay man you go ahead?
Or say,Hey take care?
Thanks again very much.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Welcome All!

Today we will talk about how the changes rolling out with Seller Release 2 and how it will impact your business.

We have Sharat Digumarti today with us who will walk us though the changes and answer questions if any.

Regards!
Sapana
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Community Members

I am happy to be on the board and participate in this workshop. In the next 1 hour will try and answer to any questions on the Seller Release 2 announced on US site

Regards
Sharat
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
What are the changes happening and are these on all ebay sites?

As some of you might have read the AB post in July 2009 on eBay.com has announced change which is applicable primarily on the US site. These changes are focused around the below broad objectives

-Rewards for sellers delivering great buyer experiences on international eBay sites

-Enhanced search presents more relevant listings on international eBay sites

-Easier, more profitable selling on international eBay sites

Under each of the above there are changes which would happen and would be effective Oct2009
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Amitiva

Yes, you can see a snapshot of your DSRs now in your Seller Dashboard, including your low DSRs (1s and 2s), your average DSRs, and where you stand in relation to eBay Top-rated seller status launching in October. This snapshot will be updated monthly. You can also use DSR reports to see your total counts of 1s and 2s. To get this view, log into your Seller Dashboard and click the link at the top. You'll see a view that looks like this

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
What are changes regarding sellers delivering great buyer experience

These are around
- Looking at DSR's differently
- Power Seller requirements - rewarding quality over quantity
- New Top Rated Seller
- Higher standards and new seller responsibilities policy
- Removal of optional shipping insurance