Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

We at eBay India are excited to share news on the launch of eBay Guarantee*!

Shopping on eBay is delightful for our buyers, as they get to find Lots of Safe Easy Deals along with the convenience of round the clock shopping and doorstep delivery. We achieve this by working closely with our sellers who are fully committed to delivering a great buyer experience!

However as India is still in the early stages of online shopping, our buyer’s tend to have some concerns about the item purchased being as they had understood, prompt delivery, and empathetic help in case anything goes wrong. Keeping this in mind and with an aim to deliver customer delight, we are launching the eBay Guarantee* program from the 20th of April 2010.

“If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that you receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days”.

eBay Guarantee* will have multiple benefits for our buyers:
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure replacement or a refund as per the below timelines:
a. Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
b. Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee* Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay

Our seller protection and seller performance policies have also been revamped to ensure NO misuse of the eBay Guarantee* Program, the salient features of the seller protection policy are:
1. A seller can avail protection against loss incurred by him for refund / replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee* program where Seller is not found to be at fault. A Seller can avail protection where:
a. The seller has shipped the product to the buyer with valid proof of dispatch and the buyer is in possession of the product
b.The buyer has returned the product to the seller but the seller has not received the same or received in damaged condition
2. A Seller is eligible to avail protection up to the item price of the product mentioned in the listing
3. To avail protection the seller should
a. Inform eBay about such loss within 10 days of such buyer claim closure date
b. Actively participate in the eBay Guarantee* process to resolve the buyer concern
4. All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, contact our Customer Service team or attend Online Workshop on eBay Guarantee* from 4-5 PM on 8th April, 2010. To post your question, click on Post Reply link.

We at eBay.in will continue to work towards delivering a super user experience and a trusted environment where online shopping can thrive and are confident that happy buyers will place their trust in eBay and come back to buy from eBay sellers again and again!

*Terms & Conditions applicable

Thanks & Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Reliableenterprise,

To answer your specificquestion - "for example i sold a tool kit or xyz item, after using the item for 5 days buyer claim he is not satisfy then will ebay pay the buyer or the seller will have to bear the loss"

if the buyer is not completely satisfied with the product, we would ask the buyer to send the product back to the seller & basis the preference of buyer will inform the seller to replace / refund to the buyer. We will also ask the buyer to specify the item condition in interest of complete transparency for all concerned.

In case, the seller incurrs a loss, due to non - receipt of the item, item recieved in damaged or used condition, then the seller will be protected under eBay seller protection policy

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Manager- Trust & Safety
Message 11 of 88
latest reply

For how long can a buyer file a claim under the mentioned new policy.

1) For how many days after purchase can a buyer file a claim under this new policy (number of days) ??.

2) If the product carries a warranty of 7 days and buyer claims for refund replacement after 15 or 30 days then what stand will ebay take and how will the seller be impacted by this. What is expected from the seller in this case ?.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 12 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Kumar.m,

"What if buyer returns an item without a valid reason"

The objective of eBay guarantee is to provide 100% buyer satisfaction and we will work with both buyers and sellers to ensure that the case is resolved to satisfaciton of all concerned. At the same time, I will also like to highlight that each case will be routed via a Customer Support Representative, who will try and understand the exact reason for buyer dissatisfaciton. Buyer remorse(as he has changed his mind) / post purchase dissonance will not be usually covered through this program.

"and even after this buyer presurrise a seller to bear the return shipping (in condition of any damage or unsatisfactory) then what ebay will do?"

From our past experience, we have seen that return shipment cost is one of the key bone of contention between buyers and sellers. If there are cases, where, if someone pays the return shipping cost the case will be resolved, eBay may step in to reimburse the cost to buyer as appropriate.
Message 13 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Rajelectroniks,
A Buyer can file a claim till 30 days of payment realization (for the PaisaPay the payment confirmation date will be considered as payment realization date, while for Non PaisaPay payment, date on which the seller has realized the payment will be considered as payment realization date)

To your second question, if the buyer is not satisfied with the purchase (when the item is not received or not as described), eBay will continue to provide protection till 30 days of payment realization regardless of the sellers replacement policy.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Manager- Trust & Safety
Message 14 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi veedeedirect,
“Does this also apply to products of International Brands which have National or Global warranty?”
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, eBay Guarantee will have a strong human interface where every case will be routed via a Customer Service representative. For example, for products that have manufacturing warranty, and buyer faces a technical problem, we will guide such buyers to have it repaired through the local authorized service center. In certain other cases if the buyer receives damaged (e.g., broken) product or has not received the complete product (I.e. missing accessories) we will register the concern of the buyer with us & work with the seller to resolve the concern.

“Can a buyer use a product for say 7-15 days, say he is not satisfied with the product and ask for a refund?” / “Does this also apply to personal use products”
Through eBay guarantee we want to ensure that a Buyer is 100% satisfied with his purchase on eBay. In cases where the buyer faces Item not as described concern post usage of few days (not exceeding 30 days of payment realization date), we will work with the seller to provide a replacement or refund.

“What does the seller do with a product which the buyer has returned for a refund?”
In scenarios where the seller receives product in a damaged / used product, eBay will protect the seller through eBay seller protection policy subject to seller fulfilling the conditions laid out in the policy

“Supose my product is exactly as described but the buyer was expecting something more, is he still entitled to a full refund?”
In cases where there is a dispute between the buyer and seller on accurate description, the CSR will mediate in such cases and work with both buyers and sellers to resolve the case.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Manager – Trust & Safety
Message 15 of 88
latest reply

How will items received damaged by buyer be resolved by ebay, because courier cos will reimburse the damaged product cost if returned by buyer but if buyer accepts item then the courier cos will not reimburse the cost so what happens in such a case and who will bear the loss of damage and how will ebay decide who is to be held responsible ?.

Can a buyer file claim for the same item more than once within a period of 30 days ?.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 16 of 88
latest reply

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
Hi Anil,

This seems to me as again a Buyer biased policy of ebay as i sell used products and people pay for used and want a new looking product in that case i shall loose all my business as i cant cater them a new phone at the price of an old phone plus if they overuse and send it back after say 29th day im at a loss as the market is dynamic and the prices go down every week, Plus this seller protection is of no use i wrote to seller protection 15-18 days back and never received any reply from them, what do you sday to this even without this policy im sitting on a damaged product of 18k which was damaged by the buyer
Message 17 of 88
latest reply

jayanthivuyyuru
Community Member
hi everybody, ebay seems to have lost its sheen. i booked a product in dec 2008 and supposed to receive a christmas gift along with the purchase. i did not receive the same till date and no reply to my qurries from ebay. please be careful.
Message 18 of 88
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
VERY SHOCKING .I hope they are not making an April fool of all sellers . Already we sellers have suffered a lot from Paypal issue recently & now Prepare to offer Guarantee .......?????

It seems to me an idea of some crazy over enthusiastic in-experienced mind. It is no more the same eBay I used to love from the core of my heart for so many years .

I am sure this thing is not going to work , ebay India will have to appoint at least 1000 new customer support staff to settle the guarantee & refund cases . if ebay is going to make it an automatic system then sellers be prepared to absorb all the shocks or just serious start to look for other venues with favourable conditions to survive .
Providing a guarantee should be a choice of seller , It should not be must for all sellers.
I strongly protest .

VERY DISAPPOINTED .

Narinder:-(
Message 19 of 88
latest reply

As far my concern i don’t get any loss with this change but need some change otherwise eBay cannot handle this
I offer my buyer 100% satisfaction guarantee on return item and don’t charge any even if i get item damage and it make senseless if buyer file claim to me but i am sure buyer can file case against me
When item ship we send email to buyer that if you don’t received item within 5 days of send date but buyer never bother to inform seller and when paisa pay time line pass they file case in paisa pay ITEM NOT RECEIVED
But why buyer don’t bother to inform seller that he/she don’t get item so we can check the status of item and can solve buyer concern and in time line of paisa pay some times we cannot solve concern and buyer get refund and also get item because once item ship it cannot be hold as eBay inform seller to PUT IN HOLD
So one need to required change before file case
Buyer must have to inform seller about this issue and have to wait for 3 days to get reply and if seller don’t agree then can file case and if seller agree no need to file case and just return item and get replacement
Need proof of sign pod or tracking result that seller received item before file case
If eBay made this change may he get traffic less and seller like me don’t get any case
It is senseless when seller wants to solve issue and eBay handle case
When seller solve issue seller get good reputation and when it solve by eBay seller get bad reputation even after he/she want to solve issue of buyer
So if ebay made some change buyer don’t file case to a seller like me when he give more good services then eBay can offer to buyer
Message 20 of 88
latest reply