cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Shopping - visit ebay.in - sad state of affairs

ravinissay
Community Member
Hi All,

These days the window shoppers are more than real buyers. An item is watched in multiples as against the number of bids placed on it.
Is there any way we could improve things??

Jai Shree Krishna.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

spl_ind
Community Member
You cannot say no to window shoppers. It is good to know that they are watching our items. It may raise the value of our items to the potential bidders.

To get more bids than watchers, create a starting bid price less of than Rs.1 with free shipping. Add more and more low cost items with your main item.

Such as, you are selling a mobile phone. Just add a flash card for free. You will see an increase in the number of bids. Then add a mobile leather cover for free.

In this way keep on adding more small items related to a mobile phone for free and see the difference. I am sure it will out number the watchers.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi,
In old Calcutta the shopkeepers of Newmarket will tell in cockney english 'take toe take,not take not take,ekbar toe see' meaning :Buy or not ,please have a look.
I think ,that explains.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

hello456l
Community Member
Now a days the viewers prefer to look Auction listing items rather than than Buy it now items. As suggested above, small value items, picks up fast that too when listed in Auction listing. When reserve price is created, Ebay charges for reserve price listing is high. Hence for listing small value items you cannot keep reserve price. Some sellers list their items at 10 to 1 ratio at buy it now and auction respectively.Sometimes More pictures receive attention. As said above and item free attracts more. esun747-ebaystar747@gmail.com
ebay ID-vijaysree747(vijayasri72@gmail.com)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Yes! Auction is the biggest attraction on eBay. If you are unable to get sales with BIN then I would advise you to list all your items as 0.99 paisa auction with no reserve price and free shipping. I am sure your items will get lots of hits, bids and sales. Have a nice day!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

makjewel
Community Member
The reason for attracting more watchers than buyers is because; not every one is confident of bidding online, and as a matter of fact, very few commoners would have a bidding experience and that too online - Neaaaahh.... But these guys are good surfers on the Net so before anyone starts buying online, they actually google a lot about it and if they see the blogs as clear as confident and if they still left with money for online bidding - Then comes the chance. Honestly, I m not too confident of true bidding on eBay... I ve analysed bidding on Jewellery - I swear...Its a game... Hahah.....but I like it...

Gud Day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply