cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VAT issue , A big Bounce back to genuine Sellers

kabirimpex
Community Member
Hi,

I am really surprised with the new policy over the VAT , instead of stopping the unjustified sellers , eBay has made the genuine sellers suffer over this issue

1. With limited item title space now we would loose another 8-9 characters just to charge the VAT .It looks ebay encourages sellers to sell without VAT

2.We need a solution , offer the genuine sellers extra item title space or free subtitle or by default include a check button next to the item title (while creation of listing via TL or SYI Form) letting customers know VAT is chargeable and the % is = 4 or may be 12.5

This decision is quite disheartening and frankly TOTALLY unjustified towards genuine sellers.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay Product Team
I feel that basco4u has a valid point of filling VAT form online by the sellers but then again what is guarantee that the seller will send the same to the customer.
eBay can make one rule mandatory is that sellers who charge VAT must provide a VALID VAT NUMBER to eBay and only then the seller will be allowed to charge VAT otherwise VAT cannot be charged by the seller.
(of course eBay must check the validity of the provided VAT number with competent authority or have the seller fax eBay the VAT certificate). I would like views of my fellow sellers on this solution if they feel it is worthwhile and provide a healthy level playing field

Regards
Raj Electronics Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
The verification of businesses who charge VAT can be easily done on this Government website:

http://search.salestax.maharashtra.gov.in/tin/search_business.php
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

The change in the VAT listing guidelines was to protect the interest of eBay users (both buyers and sellers) from hidden VAT charges and Misuse of VAT per say.

The suggestions made in this thread were previously considered before making this change. However, as mentioned in the announcement, we will be making a product change to eliminate the VAT surcharge field and initiated action in this regard. We will shortly get back with the time lines for implementation of this product change.

In addition to this eBay will continuously monitor the misuse of VAT and might ask additional documents from sellers for the validation of VAT charged in the listings by the sellers. We will also be looking at innovative ways to address this issue, till we make the product change so that our genuine sellers stay protected :-).

I hope this would address the concerns raised by the sellers on this thread.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

At last a reply and again the answer was on expected guidelines, completely evasive and totally unclear. well that's expected from eBay right. It is completely false that a lot of thought was put into this matter because if thought was put into this matter then we would not have had such a hap hazard policy or practice put into place or forced upon us. I would recommend to eBay that if you pay peanuts then you will get a monkey to do a man's job. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

I too think that this change is not a good move. They could have made some verification before seller is allowed to charge sales taxes. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 15 of 15
latest reply