cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VAT issue , A big Bounce back to genuine Sellers

kabirimpex
Community Member
Hi,

I am really surprised with the new policy over the VAT , instead of stopping the unjustified sellers , eBay has made the genuine sellers suffer over this issue

1. With limited item title space now we would loose another 8-9 characters just to charge the VAT .It looks ebay encourages sellers to sell without VAT

2.We need a solution , offer the genuine sellers extra item title space or free subtitle or by default include a check button next to the item title (while creation of listing via TL or SYI Form) letting customers know VAT is chargeable and the % is = 4 or may be 12.5

This decision is quite disheartening and frankly TOTALLY unjustified towards genuine sellers.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

kabirimpex
Community Member
Ebay Product Team

Please note if you too keen on listening sellers over the VAT issue please change the Item description page layout where it clearly displays the amount with and without VAT , please dont make those changes which will adversely affect seller selling on eBay in Genuine Way.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hello,
I am surprised at this move. It is rightly mentioned by kabirimpex about 4% and 12.5% issue what about the space that will be consumed. More important is for ebay to note and ensure that sellers do supply a VALID challan with vat paid clearly on it mentioned and along with a valid vat number of the seller. Most of the sellers, yes 95% of the sellers do not send an invoice at all or a proper invoice along with the item. There is no mention of CST No and in many cases I have found that there is NO NAME and ADDRESS at all of the seller on that plain piece of paper. What plans does eBay have to resolve this issue. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
As expected not a good solution. It seems to be a primitive solution. ebay expects that genuine sellers purchase extra sub title and show vat % there. No point to discuss this solution.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hello,
I am agree with rajelectroniks,I want to know how eBay will make sure that all sellers charging VAT/Sale tax provide valid invoice to buyers?

Just charging VAT/Sales tax and mentioning the same in the title or sub-title will not solve the problem.

eBay should make it very sure that 100% valid invoices are sent to buyers by sellers charging VAT/Sales tax.

This move of eBay seems like eBay discouraging sellers to charge VAT/Sales tax.

I will like to know other seller's view on it.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Ebay does not want to verify its seller community who charge VAT. Hence fake sellers rule this market by giving fake invoices to innocent buyers who do not understand Tax Invoice.
Ebay does not want to check if sellers are charging right % of VAT. Fake sellers charge 12.5 % VAT for a product of 4% VAT.
ebay is planning to remove VAT option completely. Removing VAT option will streamline prices. But still the genuine invoice problem will continue to exist.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

basco4u
Community Member
One step forward & 2 steps back is the policy being implemented.

As it is Mobile sellers work on low margins and this may stop them from selling altogether on eBay.in.

Mobile sellers pay more eBay & Paisa Pay fees than they make in profits.

A word of advice: Dont kill the hen that lays golden eggs.

Why not make enable online invoicing so that the seller can fill in address, VAT Tin No. & other details, Item name, Price, pcs, VAT % etc?

That way buyer can take a printout & use it as an Invoice for warranty & Accounts purpose.

Just a suggestion, please comment on the same.
Warm regards,

Ashok Bhimra

Mob: 9821302034

http://stores.ebay.in/basco4u
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

kabirimpex
Community Member
Hi,

If at all this policy is implemented and sellers start mentioning the VAT % what is the guarantee that the un-genuine sellers would charge actual as per the Govt norms , then again this system is nullified again back to square one

I think they didnt thought over this point before coming up on this issue
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

apsimpex
Community Member
Best way would have been to merge Vat with Price and remove vat altogether, Ebay india can't check on original invoice or tax paid invoice as there are lot of amateur sellers selling there household or sellers selling there personal stuff also, that is why ebay UK has two catagories of sellers one is business other is personal.

I think this is the step in right direction as sellers are charging from 4% to 20% VAT and those who are charging 20% are way up in search rankings as there product is least priced and people dont even look at our listings as there is too much diff. in prices. This will bring sellers at par and buyers will be able to see and calcualte the prices while searching.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hello,
I think this is a very important issue and I am shocked as there is no reply from eBay.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 10 of 15
latest reply