cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerShip Made Mandatory ??? Are other sellers also getting similiar mail??

hi

i got a mail from a person from ebay and also calls from the person that powership has been made mandatory.
he has repeatedly asked me to opt for powership

whereas i donot want to opt for powership since i donot have much sales and most of them are small items for which i pay rs 30 but then i would have to pay Rs40 + 2 +Taxes = ~Rs47

also if a item doesnot go by powership i cannot send by my current courier since my tie up will break with him due to low number of packets and even he wont provide service to me

has anyone else also got the same request from ebay.
why is ebay imposing powership upon its sellers??

can someone form ebay confirm if this is made mandatory all over ebay to all sellers??
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

How could ebay even allow such people to call sellers if they do not know the etiquette to talk to reputed sellers

They are using ebay number and mail.
If ebay has outsourced the complete department to look into PowerShip then they should stop at once

Currently if you get any such call just strictly tell them you do not want powership. I had already confirmed with ebay officials that nothing is mandatory as of now

the guy who called me also was using sir but the tone was like he is imposing strictly and threatening.

"Sir, kitni der me apply kar rahe ho"
i told i will confirm and tell tomorrow
"Sir mere ko time batao, kitne baje"
"Sir kal tak ka time nahi hai. Aj hi apply karo"
etc etc

when i said i haven't heard that it is mandatory and no official announcement is made still
"Sir jo mail bheja hai wo official ebay.com se hai. Batao kisse mail dalwaun? Category manager, Account manager"
Message 31 of 45
latest reply

hydstore
Community Member
Hi All,

Thanks all for sharing your views and updating other sellers. I wonder why there is no response to this thread from any of the ebay officials? Can someone from eBay please respond and confirm back if PowerShip is mandatory at this point? All the sellers are concerned here with no official/written information about this being mandatory so we would appreciate a response here.

Thanks,
HYDSTORE
Message 32 of 45
latest reply

Hi Ebayers,
Going through the thread above I see that you are not happy with the power shipment program.

But has any one tried to think about its working or any one has tried and given it some time to go on smoothly? I donโ€™t think anyone has done that.

Yes, I had opted for the power shipment on the day one.

I would like to ask you guys a couple of questions for the shipment you currently do :

1) Which couriers you use : DTDC / Professional / BLUE DART / Speed post....and many more
2) What do they charge you: From Rs. 20-30 per 250gms??
3) How many documents you need to give to the courier company as declaration / invoices...
4) Does your courier company proved COD facility? If yes what cost?
5) Do you have your item covered under insurance in that amount for the damage or lost?
6) Is your item traceable 100% online with the couriers you use?
7) After dispatch how many days it takes to be delivered to the buyer? 3 to 7 days...
8) If the item is not delivered do you have to behind the courier company for the delivery?
9) Even after fighting with the courier company for the getting it delivered the buyer leaves a neutral / negative feedback for the late delivery?
10) How many times you need to call the buyer for the delivery confirmation so that you can get your money in the next remittances?
11) MOST IMPORTANT: How much time do you spent tracking for the item delivered and not delivered, get the undelivered item delivered.

Here are the solutions which I found from the power shipment:

1) In power shipment ebay is tie-ups hand with : Blue Dart / Aramex / Fedex (The top of the couriers)
2) They charge approx Rs. 46 per 500 Grams
3) All the documents which are required by the courier company are already designed int eh system, you will just need to print it and hand it over to the courier guy.
4) They have the COD at Rs. 80 ( 40 for courier & 40 or 5% as the cod / paisapay fees)
5) They have the item insured 100% from the pick from us till the delivery.
6) As you know Blue Dart / Aramex / Fedex has a 100% online trace availability.
7) Ebay has taken a commitment from these courier companies for delivery within 3 working days days in class A cities and 3-5 in the B class cities and 5-7 in the Class C cities. Sometimes there are delays due to unavoidable conditions.
8) It is ebayโ€™s and Courier Companyโ€™s responsibility to get the item delivered at the earliest and they will keep a track of it. If delayed they would inform us.
9) Any feedbacks left by the buyer for the late delivery / damaged delivery will be removed by talking to the TNS team informing that the item was delivered under power shipment.
10) As soon as the item shows in the courier companyโ€™s website that the item is delivered to the buyer, you get your amount in the next remittance. You donโ€™t need to wait for the buyer to confirm the delivery.
11) As soon as you hand over the items to the courier company your headache is finished.

When you do not have a headache for the delivery and you are getting the entire amount which you dispatch then you have ample of time for the doing lot of other things to expand your business. May be you can utilize this time and resource to contact the buyers and asking to leave feedbacks for the services you have provided them.
I would ask you to please check my feedbacks which I have got for the fast delivery.
And these guys from ebay : Mr Hasan & Mr. Rajiv, I have beed working with them from almost 1 ยฝ year now and these people help you a lot, I donโ€™t deny they will will tell you do many things like opting for the power shipments and many other things in which ebay will be making money, but look at the other side of it, how much business you will be getting.

From the day I have been in the power shipment program I have really grown my business because of the services offered by Blue Dart / Aramex / Fedex.

Yes, there my some problems initially to start with, but try it for 1-2 months and see what are you saving on.( resources / money / time / headaches)

If you have any droughts for the Power shipment talk to Mr. Hasan & Mr. Rajiv and they will help you our, sellers in Mumbai can meet then and ask for the demo / clarification and working and I know they would be really eager to help you.

Conculsion : I have done really good with the power shipment suggested by Mr. Hasan & Mr. Rajiv, THANKS TO THEM
Message 33 of 45
latest reply

fatehsn
Community Member
hi everyone,
i have opted powership since june.
i am really surprised to see the reaction of other sellers on the same , well on my side powership is going awesome.

the best parts of poweship are -

1. no need to follow up with the courier person/agent

2. nothing to worry about loss of parcel or such things as its all insured

3. charges are nominal, Rs47 for 500gms, actually very good if you check with the courier companies which are tied up, Bluedart, Fedex and aramex.

4. another best thing is Fast Shipping disount, its 0.5% of the selling price and sometimes it comes out to be more than the shipping chages. Eg, i sold a watch for Rs9999 and the shipping charges incurred was rs47(parcel weight 500gms) and i got fast shipping discount of Rs50, so they actually paid me Rs3 for shipping with powership, lol

5. fast delivery ofcourse

6. quick remittance, need not wait for the buyer to confirm the item receipt (40% buyers are unaware of the same, sellers have to call them or send an intimation to do so and sometimes wait for 10-12days for auto confirmation), not only that sometimes (rarely) when the buyers tries to cheat claiming the item not received then the seller has to run for the POD and other courier docs to prove that its delivered, in powership you need not worry about that.

apart from the above, i am unknown of the headline POWERSHIP MADE MANDATORY FOR THE SELLERS.

in my case, its really going good, and i am happy with powership and the co-ordinance of ebay, Hasan and Rajeev.

Mr. hasan introduced me powership and i felt honoured and joined it at the initial stage, believe me nothing can be more convenient overall, my last month parcels' shipping cost comes out to be less than Rs35 each due to powership and fast shipping discount.

He helped me in powership, although there were some small issues initially but i got them resolved easily.

i dont know about the other sellers but i'll continue powership.

sellers refusing for powership seems to be having some article of selling price less than or near Rs100 probably, and Rs47 for the shipping would be higher comparatively to other couriers like DTDC and professional as they can offer the same for Rs30-35 instead of Rs47.
Message 34 of 45
latest reply

Hi Ebayers,
i have opted powership since july.and on my side powership is going superb.
i have opted powership i have noticed best features -:
1)no need to follow up with the courier person/agent
2)nothing to worry about loss of parcel or such things as its all insured
3)charges are also nominal.
4)fast Pickup
5)fast delivery
6)quick remittance, need not wait for the buyer to confirm the item receipt
7)otherwise sometime buyer cheat us.received the parcel and claim that item not received.for this point we are tension free also.buyer can not get claim that.

In one word i can say that "Superb......"

"Rajiv Bhalerao , Relation ship manager clothing"
introduced me powership. helped me in powership,although there were some small issues initially but i got them resolved easily.he is very supportive.

I will continue powership.......
Message 35 of 45
latest reply

@eBay

We have just now received the following email from eBay i.e.

"Dear tccindia,

This is to confirm that PowerShip will be enabled on your account tccindia on 23rd Oct. Following is the pickup address as confirmed by you / through your account. In case of change, please let us know immediately

Regards,

Sameer Yadav

Manager Operations and Logistics"

Here we would like to inform that We have not confirmed powership enablement to any eBay executive nor we have enabled the Powership on eBay by ourselves.

Kindly deactivate it.

We also seek eBay Trust & Safety Intervention in this regard about misuse of our account for enablement of Powership without our permission.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Dear All,

Personally, I feel PowerShip could benefit sellers whose existing courier tie-ups charge them more money. However, if you already have courier tie-ups that you negotiated well, then PowerShip as it exists now with tariffs, will be expensive. All the more so if you are dealing with products of less weight. As I belong to this category, I did not join PowerShip. However, I got a mail that my account is enabled for PowerShip. I wrote back stating that I have not given my permission for the same. Unfortunately, it is a mess and every day, I get calls from PowerShip couriers asking me for pick-ups and I have to tell them that I haven't signed up. eBay teams haven't responded to my mail nor have they bothered to clarify and clear the air.

Interestingly, eBay teams are trying to manipulate sellers stating that they must join PowerShip as it is mandatory and they would lose benefits if they do not join it. Here is one such mail I received which I also forwarded to Ameet Shah but the gentleman has no time for genuine feedback as he has not got back to me on several aspects that I shared with him like arbitrary nature of daily deals, inconsistency in account managers, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gawad, Ashish(AWF)
Oct 5 (13 days ago)

to me
Dear Seller ,

Each and every seller from this list has to accept PS, there is no exception to it. Any seller who does not enroll for PS from this will face below mentioned consequences.

1. ER will be withdrawn (if already given). No ER in future
2. No Promotions. Will not be allowed to participate in any promotions
3. No A/c management support
4. A/c restriction. Seller may also face account restriction.

Thanks
Ashish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, after I refused, my seller rating has been downgraded to Below Standard for no good reason even though I met all parameters for Above Standard rating as per eBay's graphical metrics dashboard. Also, looks like my account manager has been withdrawn. The feedback I am giving is genuine though bitter and it is in my interest that eBay improve itself to avoid unfair and unethical business practices else it will lose out thus impacting my business too.

eBay: Will you look into this? You can call me to discuss if you so wish at 8790047514!
Message 37 of 45
latest reply

Hi,
What is PowerShip? How do you opt in or out?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 38 of 45
latest reply

OK Sellers,

Gloves are out!! its Enforcement time now by ebay

1. platinum powerseller. more than a Crore pa turnover and ER withdrawn without any notice for refusing Powership.

2. my monthly courier bill is 80K. it will go upto 1.2L strt away!!!

Dont know what next.

Coercion never worked. it pushes a man to think of alternatives. i m already doing so.

May the best sense prevail
Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Those sellers thinking of joining Powershipping please keep a few things in mind:

1. You will have to check daily to see what actual PS charges have been levied, they put any arbitrary weight and charge you very high for it and there is nobody you can talk to, your A/C Manager has no authority over logistics dept and logistics dept only promise but will not help you.

2. Power shipping discount of 0.5% is never levied honestly, you will check this also daily.

3. There is going to be a very big issue if you discontinue your existing courier partner because at present there is no powershipping for West Bengal so you will have to send all parcels on your own.

4. Also there is an issue with buyer pincode, the moment there is some pincode which the system does not recognise it will put the order as non-powership and you will have to go to you old courier parter and as there is no rate contract now, you will end up paying 4 times the powershipping charges and mind you this happens very regularly as more than 40% buyers put wrong pincode or 7 digit pincode or pincode with a space after 3 digits, the Powership software puts all such orders as non-powership orders.

I will request sellers to keep the above points in their mind before you finally opt in for powershipping.

Yes I am using powershipping since day one.

HAPPY SELLING ON EBAY.........
StopandShop
Message 40 of 45
latest reply