Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Vasundhara, Head, Customer Support 1st Dec 5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Vasundhara Bhonsle, Head, Customer Support for an online discussion on Customer Support of eBay India.

Vasundhara will be available on this thread on Friday, the 1st of December, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. Click Here for help on using the discussion boards.

See you on the 1st at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Vasundhara Bhonsle,

You are welcome on the Community Board.

This is the first time we would be interacting with someone from Customer Support.

Customer Support is the Back Bone of ebay system and the most vital component .... atleast for the Sellers.

My Question is :

How do you ensure that the Sellers queries are replied efficiently, accurately and without major cut & paste action ?

It would be great if you can tell us more about the functioning of your department.

best regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 61
latest reply

wedding_jwlr
Community Member
Dear Vasundhara

I am registered with paypal and I do noy personally own a credit card. I have accepted funds in my name and also applied for a credit card. I want to ask is that I really need to have a credit card to withdraw cheque from my paypal account to my local bank account.

Regards
Avinash

http://stores.ebay.in/Kassakh-Creations
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

In my opinion, the service of your Customer Support team is better than what is was about an year ago. Said that, I must also say that I am expecting further improvement in near future. Some scopes for betterment, as per my opinion:
We are finding more complains on the boards regarding the delays in PaisaPay payment verification / confirmation. Is it possible to extend the lower limit for such verification, thus reducing the hassles for both sellers and buyers.

Now about contacting your Custmoer Support team : ebay has toll free no. for seller support. Can you extend that facility to all members? If not, then can you at least try to give the members a contact phone no. of eBay so that they can directly contact with eBay personnel. Actually, many of the new members face problems due to the "complicated" reporting process where they need to choose type and sub-types .... They will definitely feel better if they can explain their problems over phone to someone from eBay.

Best wishes for your first Open House Chat. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

nr_vinod
Community Member
Hi,
Please pardon me for being dumb...But i never was comfortable with online trading.. The fear of getting hacked always kept me aloof...
Jus a query here.... do we have an option of COD ?
Regards
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Dear Madam,

I am surprised why is this custumer support team is working on ebay.. ?
FIRST THING
--- > Your Team does never respond on time

SECOND THING
---> YOUR TEAM ALWAYS COPY PASTE MATTER.

THIRD THING
--- > YOUR TEAM NEVER READS MAILS CAREFULLY THE QUESTION WE PUT IS DIFFERNT FROM WHAT REPLY WE USUALLY REICEVE YOUR TEAM HARDLY READS MAILS PROPERLY AND COMPLETLY.

FOURTH THING
--- > I GET SURPRISED WHEN I REALLY GET A POSITIVE AND ACCURATE RESPONSE.

I HATE CONTACTING CUSTUMER SUPPORT

I REALLY HATE YOUR TEAM BADLY

WHENEVER I CONTACT LIVE HELP I NEVER GET RESPONSE POSITIVELY I HATE LIVE CHAT

YOUR LIVE HELP ALWAYS SHOW ME THE WAY TO SEND QUERY USING CONTACT US FORM. THEN MAY I KNOW WHAT IS THE USE OF LIVE HELP.

MAY I KNOW WHY LIVE HELP IS WORKING THEN ?

MAY I KNOW WHY POWERSELLERS ARE TREATED THIS WAY ?

IF THIS IS THE TREATMENT A POWERSELLER EXPERIENCING THEN I CAN IMAGINE A CLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT SUPPORT A NORMAL SELLER AND BUYER MUST BE RECIEVING.

THIS IS GREAT TO KNOW THAT FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME YOU ARE COMING ONLINE TO HEAR FROM US

AND I AM VERY MUCH PLEASED TO TELL YOU I HATE CUSTUMER SUPPORT TEAM ESPECIALLY THE LIVE HELP SECTION I HATE BADLY.

I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON WHO CAN REALLY WORK ON THIS SITUATION PLEASE INPROVE YOUR WORK WE WORK VERY HARD ON EBAY THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE AND JUST A LITTLE POSITIVE RESPONSE REALLY MAKES OUR DAY.

YOUR TEAM HAS NEVER HELPED ME IN THE TIME OF NEED THE REASON I HATE CONTACTING LIVE HELP IS THAT THEY ALWAYS TELL US TO CONTACT EBAY USING CONTACT US FORM. WE MUST BE TOLD THAT LIVE HELP IS NOT FOR SELLERS HELP. IT'S JUST A TIME WASTING OPTION.

I WAS BADLY SURPRISED WHEN LAST TIME I REALLY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AFTER CONTACTING CUSTUMER SUPPORT I NEVER EXPECTED THAT MUCH SUPPORT.

BUT THE LAST SUPPORT IS THE FIRST TIME WHEN I REALLY GOT PERFECT RESPONSE INSTEAD OF A COPY PASTE MATTER AND A NON SENSE REPLY.

PLEASE TRY IMPROVING YOUR WORK.

IF THERE IS SHORT OF CUSTUMER SUPPORT STAFF LET US KNOW SO THAT WE CAN UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION.

Sorry if i am being rude but this is what i experienced and what i am still experiencing. I waste over 1 1/2 hours writing a mail in hours of need and what i get is a copy pasted reply that is for no use ofcourse. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

Hello Vasundhara Madam,
I am fully satisfied with your services and concerns for the community in general. You are rendering most essential support to the community members and I must say you are doing a great job most efficiently. Nobody knows better than me.
Anyways ,Swarup is right. There should be a personal touch. In the initial stages ,I also felt the need. But,thanx to indconcepts, I dont need to ask you all the time.
I have a suggestion about transferring PP money into PaisaPay. I want to give a positive solution, provided you allow me to suggest. Nothing by violating ebay policies, but by taking the advantage of the existing system.
I want to offer my blessings to you and your team for showing patience and courtesy all the time.
Thats great.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Hi Vasundhara Bhonsle,
It would be nice meeting you on Open House discussion.
I have contacted Customer Support Team many times with issues. I never received to the point replies on time to solve my issue. The reason behind this is that when a question is answered by any member of your team and again if I continue that issue by submitting another question regarding the same issue then it is answered by some other member who cannot follow up the issue and the issue again starts from the beginning. The result is that the issue is delayed for a long time without any result.
Hoping that you would look into this matter in future and help the community members to solve their issues on time, with to the point replies and not with cut and pasted replies, as many of our community members have mentioned.
Best Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman
SkyGift Worldwide
Ranchi
Message 8 of 61
latest reply

jagdeep_sona
Community Member
Hi,
I am having problem in paying using the UTI Bank online. I wonder why ebay cc people have not been able to resolve the issue with the bank even after 6 days. All they have to do is to get and new URL from the bank and enter in your web site. I wonder if there is problem with the commitment of the cc people at e-bay or they are lazy enough now to solve this proble. Surprised at the working of ebay cc (customer care).....
Message 9 of 61
latest reply

My experience with customer support is not good
When we contact to customer support using CONTACT US most of we get reply from customer support is not related with my question
For get reply we must have to send 2,3 or 4 emails in reply
Most of time customer support just read title and reply and when we get reply it was not related with our question but with another topic
I donโ€™t understand why customer support doesnโ€™t read full topic and then reply?
One example here
One buyer buy 1 item from me and donโ€™t paid and donโ€™t take part in dispute I leave him negative and in return he also leave negative
However when buyer donโ€™t take part in dispute negative posted as withdrawn by ebay
I contact customer support and ask him โ€œ I know that this type of negative is withdrawn but when dispute is close and buyer donโ€™t take part in unpaid item dispute can it posted it as withdrawn?
I also write it with item no and ebay id of buyer
Here with copy and paste of that feedback
I didn't receive the item that was bidded by me
Buyer chinku_xx ( -1 )
23-Sep-2006 19:40 260012115942
Reply by mysalesoffer: for get item you need to pay and give you 1 month to make but you dont make
24-Sep-2006 11:36 Rating Withdrawn by eBay: Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid Item notification for this transaction. Learn more .
But when I get reply was like this
I am glad that you and buyer mutually agree to withdraw negative but it donโ€™t remove and keep posted as withdrawn
I write in return that this feedback is not mutually withdrawn but remove by eBay due to buyer donโ€™t take in unpaid item strike and repeat my question
In reply I get same reply what I received first
Then in return reply I give copy and paste of buyer feedback and ask him once again and I get proper reply
In every question I am facing this problem
Why customer supports donโ€™t read full concern and reply with just read title?
99 % of customer support reply we get is not with related concern
So I will be glad if you give instruction to your team to read complete concern and after understand full question reply to user
Message 10 of 61
latest reply