cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - Marketplace

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - eBay India Marketplace, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Gautam will be available on this thread on Friday, the 4th of November, 2005 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Gautam, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 4th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
vinay_melgiri,

We absolutely hear you and all our buyers. Very clearly, our process of offering buyer protection is proving to be complicated and difficult to user for our buyers. We have already started work on making this simpler, and ensuring that buyers are compltely protected. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 41 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
dear ddhruvblue

We already have an option for sellers to offer Cash on Delivery as a payment and shipping option. However, there are some limitations to the feature because of which many of our sellers are not offering this option for buyers. I understand that this is an important payment option in a nascent e-commerce market such as India. We are looking at making improvements which might lead to more sellers offering this feature. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
dear telesolutions_in1
Sorry to keep you waiting ; as i mentioned earlier i am typing this myself so its taking a little time - but i thought i would personally answer rather than have someone else do it which woudl have been faster. Hope thats ok. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 43 of 64
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
I hope Gautam answers my small question.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 44 of 64
latest reply

telesolutions_in1
Community Member
Yes gautam i did raise this issue in the last open house my only concern is that ebay is not known by everybody as baazee used to be.

anyways you have guys who are proffesional in this marketing stuff and i know you will be doing the right things at right time.
Regards
Abhishek

http://stores.ebay.in/Telesolution
Message 45 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
dear cosycom
This is a good suggestion - i will ask our category team to look into it at the earliest. Thank you for taking the time to write to us and give us ideas . Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 46 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
dear indconcepts
I will definitely answer your question (small or big:-))
You ask a very good question. And i know sometimes all of you feel that most decisons are international. However this is not the case. Yes there needs to be a lot of collaboration between countries for product and policy decsions since any change on our site affects (unfortunately as you well have said) 32 countries.

So while there is complete autonomy in all people, financial, investment etc decsions we cannot unilaterally change things on product (nor can for that matter bigger markets like UK or Germany without consulting us)

Having said that , one of our jobs is to represent the nascent Indian market as you point out to the the International community and we work hard (though not fast enough for you yet)at that and will try and do even more.

I think you had also visited our office - i do hope you realise that our people are nice and genuinely committed to our community. I know you have sent many postings on the voices mail lists ; sometimes when i see them i know our employees must be demotivated at all the criticism. While i absolutely want you to continue writing in to us with suggestiosn and improvments;i will request you to trust that they are always listening and will do their best. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 47 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Thank you all very much for your time and aksing us questions. I hope that i was able to help and answer as many of you as i could. Please keep writing and my team will definitely respond if they are issues affecting the community. Let me remind you that for specific individual problems you will get the best response if you use the contact us wizard in the help section.

Once again thank you for being here and Happy Diwali, Happy Eid and a wonderful new year to all of you Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 48 of 64
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Gautam,

I write many Topics on BomVoices.

But if that is hurting ebay staff....I must restrict my self.

With only CLAP-CLAP.....things may slow down.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 49 of 64
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Please do not stop your feedback - whether claps or slaps. We need to work hard to ensure that we earn your trust such that eventually there are many more claps. However, we absolutely value teh criticism as thats the only way for us to change and grow.

All i want to say is that please do believe that all our employees will be trying hard to do the most we can as fast as we can.

Without our users pointing things out to us , we will not know half the things we do today - because it is all of you who use the site much more than us and you know what is good and what is not so good better than any of us. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 50 of 64
latest reply