cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

ravikpillai
Community Member
Sir,
I have posted a complaint regarding the purchase of a mobile phone.To my great astonishment it was followed up immediately by the ebay team for customer care and was finally settled in favour of me.They have offered the full refund of the amount I have paid and I am now waiting the cheque Thanks for the prompt response.
-ravikpillai
Message 131 of 138
latest reply

shamimhassan
Community Member
Bajaj, if I ever get my hands on you I will make a BAJA out you the way tou support fraud sellers, and latter your team says that they can do nothing
Message 132 of 138
latest reply

shamimhassan
Community Member
Bajaj, if I ever get my hands on you I will make a BAJA out you the way you support fraud sellers, and latter your team says that they can do nothing, to help the buyer who get cheated.
Message 133 of 138
latest reply

gracedesignerjewellery
Community Member
EBAY HAS WRONG FULLY SUSPENDED OUR ACC.WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE ANY
DELIVERY INFORMATION , SO IF U HAVE PAID AN ITEM AND NOT RECIEVED KINDLY
COOPERATE WITH US AND SEND THE ITEM NUMBER AND SHIPPING ADDRESS WITH PHONE
NUMBER AND MODE OF PAYMENT.WE DON'T WANT OUR LOYAL CUSTOMER TO SUFFER
AS WE KNOW WE HAVE MORE THEN 100 DELIVEIES PENDING BUT WE DON'T HAVE
SHIPPING INFORMATION.PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOO.WE HAVE
GIVEN THEM ALL INFORMATION AND STILL THEY SUSPENDED , IN LAST 6 MONTH WE
HAVE ONLY 81 NEGATIVE FEEDBACK COMPARE TO THOUSANDS OF FEEDBACK.i HOPE
OUR LOYAL CUSTOMER WILL HELP US OUT IN THIS TEDIOUS SITUATION, WE DON'T
WANT OUR CUSTOMER TO SUFFER.
AT THIS RATE EBAY WON'T HAVE ANY SUPERSELLERS LEFT.
THEY NEVER SE ETHE RATIO.THEY FORGET SOME PLACE ARE IN REMOTE INTERIOR INDIA WHERE DELIVERIES TAKE TIME AND SOMETIME GET LOST.WE ALWAY COMPENSATE FULL REFUND OR SEN DNEW ITEM AGAIN, WE HAVE SO MANY LOYA CUSTOMER,KINDLY HELP US AND SEND EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO.

HOW DO EBAY EXPECT US TO GIVE DELIVERY
1) WE CANNOT SEE PAISAPAY ACC WHO PAID US WHO NOT TRYING TO TRACE BY EMAILS
2)CANNOT SEE THE ATM PAYMENT MASRKET PAID IT IS A TEDIOUS JOB FINDING THOSE ENTERIES AND IF WE SELL 100 ITEM 10 PAY BY ATM AND WE CANNOT SEE NAYTHING IN SOLD ITEM SO MAKE OUT.

EBAY DOEN'T GIVE US PAISAPAY MONEY BUT EXPECT US TO DO DELIVERY OF ALL ITEM PAID.

THIS IS THE STORY OFA SUSPENED SELLER.
KINDLY JUDGE SEEING THE WHOLE PICTURE
Message 134 of 138
latest reply

gracedesignerjewellery
Community Member
KINDLY HELP KRITIDESIGNS THE SUPERSELLER SINCE LAST 3-4 YEARS

EBAY HAS WRONG FULLY SUSPENDED OUR ACC.WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE ANY
DELIVERY INFORMATION , SO IF U HAVE PAID AN ITEM AND NOT RECIEVED KINDLY
COOPERATE WITH US AND SEND THE ITEM NUMBER AND SHIPPING ADDRESS WITH PHONE
NUMBER AND MODE OF PAYMENT.WE DON'T WANT OUR LOYAL CUSTOMER TO SUFFER
AS WE KNOW WE HAVE MORE THEN 100 DELIVEIES PENDING BUT WE DON'T HAVE
SHIPPING INFORMATION.PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOO.WE HAVE
GIVEN THEM ALL INFORMATION AND STILL THEY SUSPENDED , IN LAST 6 MONTH WE
HAVE ONLY 81 NEGATIVE FEEDBACK COMPARE TO THOUSANDS OF FEEDBACK.i HOPE
OUR LOYAL CUSTOMER WILL HELP US OUT IN THIS TEDIOUS SITUATION, WE DON'T
WANT OUR CUSTOMER TO SUFFER.
AT THIS RATE EBAY WON'T HAVE ANY SUPERSELLERS LEFT.
THEY NEVER SE ETHE RATIO.THEY FORGET SOME PLACE ARE IN REMOTE INTERIOR INDIA WHERE DELIVERIES TAKE TIME AND SOMETIME GET LOST.WE ALWAY COMPENSATE FULL REFUND OR SEN DNEW ITEM AGAIN, WE HAVE SO MANY LOYA CUSTOMER,KINDLY HELP US AND SEND EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO.

HOW DO EBAY EXPECT US TO GIVE DELIVERY
1) WE CANNOT SEE PAISAPAY ACC WHO PAID US WHO NOT TRYING TO TRACE BY EMAILS
2)CANNOT SEE THE ATM PAYMENT MASRKET PAID IT IS A TEDIOUS JOB FINDING THOSE ENTERIES AND IF WE SELL 100 ITEM 10 PAY BY ATM AND WE CANNOT SEE NAYTHING IN SOLD ITEM SO MAKE OUT.

EBAY DOEN'T GIVE US PAISAPAY MONEY BUT EXPECT US TO DO DELIVERY OF ALL ITEM PAID.

THIS IS THE STORY OFA SUSPENED SELLER.
KINDLY JUDGE SEEING THE WHOLE PICTURE
Message 135 of 138
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hello Mr. Bajaj & all ebay staffs,

Please look at the huge -ve feedbacks recd by the seller invogue-inc3 daily (63 in last month only) and more so about the unrealistic huge mutual withdrawls (96 withdrawls- because they make it a condition for getting refund). I was also forced to do that to get my money.

They had sent me a 1/- Shell Pearl listing it as of 800/- market price and Very Superior & Fine Quality Pearl !! They are still listing the same item to cheat the buyers. When asked for refund I had to send back the 1/- item by spending more than 50/- plus my valuable time. Forget about my distress on getting cheated.

I am surprised to see his shop empty today. May be he will now flee with all the pending money.

I am intimating this same thing so many times because I dont want any more persons to get cheated like me by this fraud .

I got to know rmitraindia, a new member of yours. He paid the seller by cheque. But after he put a -ve feedbck for receiving a 20/- item against the deal and non-reply of his email, the fraudulent seller gave him a non-payment feedback ! He is so disgusted being cheated in his first ever net transaction that he is least interested to buy thru net now. Do you want new buyers to leave your site like this !!!!

You people are still allowing such frauds to function thru you. Are you waiting for buyers to complain to the Cyber Crime Cell and Consumer Grievance cell. If you continue to encourage the frauds like this then that day won't be too far. HOPE YOU STILL FEEL SOME RESPONSIBILITY TO STOP SUCH FRAUD SELLERS (& similar buyers). ATLEAST INVESTIGATE THE MATTERS REPORTED HERE AND PUT SOME ANSWERS TO ALL. THAT'S NOT A BIG JOB FOR SUCH A PROFITABLE COMPANY !!X-(

May be someday you will become as responsible as your European / American counterparts. Probabely that will be in a distant future. Still, I hope for the best.

Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 136 of 138
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
Hi all,

I did not know Mr. Dutta still had a problem with the transaction, and that he has put up this message, as I would have replied long back. We would like to assure everyone that we are genuine sellers and the biggest proof of this fact is that we have sold over 2000 items and received OVER 550 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS in the past one month. I understand this is the HIGHEST ON EBAY INDIA BY A BIG MARGIN. We have sold over 2000 items in the past one month and have received 59 negative feedbacks, due to varied reasons including buyers who live in remote villages where no courier is ready to deliver.

Our genuinity is also proven by the fact that we refunded the full amount paid by Mr. Dutta once we came to know that the item really had a problem, which we did not notice at the time of purchase. Also, we have never forced Mr. Dutta or any other buyer to withdraw the feedback. We only request the buyer to withdraw it as most of the times the feedback is given without contacting us about the problem. Its almost as if you buy a shirt of size 40 from the showroom near your home, you go home and check it out, it does not fit you as the size mentioned is wrong. Its printed size 40, but it actually is 42.

So do you go around painting the town red and telling each and every person you see, that never buy from that showroom as they give wrong sizes!!! Or do you just coolly go to the showroom and tell them to replace it as you understand that it is a genuine mistake by an employee of the shop. And infact, you might even recommend the shop to others if the shopkeeper deals nicely with you and accept the mistake.

The negative feedback system of eBay is something like almost like painting the negative feedback in front of a shop, never to be removed. Even though the seller does everything possible to satisfy the buyer, the negative feedback stays there forever. I have many buyers who have bought items from me even after giving me a -ve feedback for the first order. This just proves that we are committed to buyer satisfaction.

Infact I have just called Mr. Dutta some time back, and I have explained my position on this. He has understood my position and has even told me that he will write about our discussion in this thread. I hope this assures all concerned people, buyers as well as eBay, that we are committed and here for long term.
Message 137 of 138
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
I have pasted below is the reply by Mr. Dutta on the main thread for this dispute.The reply was given just after I called Mr. Dutta explaining my position. He is a very good genuine buyer who can fight for his rights, and these are exactly how buyers on eBay should be. Buyers should never be cheated in any way, but I would suggest that the buyers should always contact the seller before assuming that they have been cheated, as most of the time it is just a small genuine mistake on the seller's end which he is ready to resolve. I wish Mr. Dutta and all other genuine buyer all the best and I am sure with buyers like you, fraud sellers will not be able to ply their trade on ebay.

For everyone's reference, below is Mr. Dutta's reply in thread: http://forums.ebay.in/post!reply.jspa?threadID=100001790

Little before I recd a call (STD) from Mr. Himangshu of invogue-inc3 regarding my posting on this discussion board about my bad experience and the considerable โ€“ve feedbacks recd by him. As he has contacted me by phone (STD) for this posting so I think its my duty to tell everybody that this sellers cares about the discussion board and has the intention to explain his points.

For my case he mentioned that there had been some problems with his supplier of Pearls for which I recd the Shell Pearl instead of a real one. The reason is not so impressive but I must acknowledge that he cares to call a dissatisfied buyer. He assured me that they will try their best to stop such mistakes in future. He also assured to modify the specific Pearl listing creating the problem.
Hope he will take up the matter of other dissatisfied buyers similarly and thus reduce the amount of โ€“ve feedbacks recd by him.
Message 138 of 138
latest reply