Sheetal Diamonds Jewellers-THE FRAUD SELLER

siddsbajaj
Community Member
I purchased an item from this seller on 8th sep 2005.He sent me the item today on 29th sep 2005.When I got the item checked from Reputed council,they said the weight od diamond is not as claimed by the seller.They say the weight is .17ct when the weight should have been .20ct.The seller also cheated me on the qulaity,he waas supposed to give me SI qulaity but instead gave a grade much lower i.e. I2 which is three grades down.Then when I contacted the sleer on phone he said no point complaining the E-Bay as we will say that you have changed the piece.See how the seller is fearlessely selling fradulent things on net without any fear of consumer protection policies and I am sorry to state that even E-Bay is supporting these sellers.Shame on their part.I was to purchase things which I won worth 1 Lakh on e-bay,buit now I dont have trust on any seller.I dnt want to get cheated for my hard earned money.Can someone help me?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi siddsbajaj,

Sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with a seller. If you think you have been cheated, and your problem can not be resolved mutually with the seller, you can go ahead and file for buyer protection.

eBay covers all your purchase upto value of 10,000. Kindly check the links below to know more about Buyer Protection and the ateps and timelines involved in the same.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

I hope this helps!

Sapana
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

siddsbajaj
Community Member
I am very hurt by the reply I got when I called up the seller.I want that he should be punished severly.He said that he will give a false statement that I deliberatley changed the piece to claim refund.Tell me will I do that for a 1800/- Rs. thing?He said so harshly and rudely,that I want that his licence should be cancelled.I got the piece checked but what about those who haven't.Don't you tink that they may also have been cheated?Thus on the behalf of commuinty at large,I request to cancel his licence to sell in case you want that E-Bay should be known for fair trade practices.I am going to the daily newspaper with this case,if u dont act accordingly,that will bring a bad name to E-Bay too.Decision is yours.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
In this case ebay should have taken a more stern step rather than just offering a link. These links are not at all user friendly, as per my experience. The complain in the discussion board should be taken more seriously and ebay should consider it as a complain with just a formality of telephone verification (like they do for high value card payment). Atleast there should a link with a single link with a "lodge" button after password verification.

I often see many sellers as e_shopee and invogue_inc who are receiving enormous nos of -ve feedbacks regularly but it seems ebay is indifferent to all these. They should take more responsibility to protect the buyers (and the many honest sellers also) rather than just being like a middle person and make profit without any obligation.
There must be a link in the member profile area to easily access all the -ve, neutral and mutually withdrawn feedbacks. This will help buyers assess the sellers drawbacks more easily.
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear emailswarup and siddsbajaj,

I will like to take this opportunity to address few of your concerns:

1. Taking action against sellers who get lot of negative ratings: eBay has a system called Seller Non Performance. If a seller receives lot of negative ratings, he is requested to solve the same with his buyers, however on repeated non performance, seller's acocunt might also get suspended.
Even if the seller is threatening you with retributive action, I will request you to go ahead and file a complaint agasint him and for buyer protection. This will not only safegaurd your money, it will also help in alerting eBay and investigating the seller further.

2. Your complaints on Community Boards should be taken as official complaints: Discussion boards are meant as a place where you can meet eBay employees and other eBay members to share your ideas and feedback. It is a great place where you can learn from the experience of your fellow members.
In order to hep you post your complaints, eBay has the Contact Us wizard. Any complaint posted via the same is received by the Customer Support Helpdesk. The Helpdesk investigate your concern and acts accordingly. http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

3. Links are not very user friendly: We will be glad to receive any feedback on how we can improve the links to make them more user friendly. Please feel free to post your views on the same.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

shamimhassan
Community Member
Dont exaust yourself, these help links and discussion boards are a big fraud. Ebay will make you run round and round till you are completly exausted and collaspe and give wu the claim.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
Hi all,

I did not know Mr. Dutta still had a problem with the transaction, and that he has put up this message, as I would have replied long back. We would like to assure everyone that we are genuine sellers and the biggest proof of this fact is that we have sold over 2000 items and received OVER 550 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS in the past one month. I understand this is the HIGHEST ON EBAY INDIA BY A BIG MARGIN. We have sold over 2000 items in the past one month and have received 59 negative feedbacks, due to varied reasons including buyers who live in remote villages where no courier is ready to deliver.

Our genuinity is also proven by the fact that we refunded the full amount paid by Mr. Dutta once we came to know that the item really had a problem, which we did not notice at the time of purchase. Also, we have never forced Mr. Dutta or any other buyer to withdraw the feedback. We only request the buyer to withdraw it as most of the times the feedback is given without contacting us about the problem. Its almost as if you buy a shirt of size 40 from the showroom near your home, you go home and check it out, it does not fit you as the size mentioned is wrong. Its printed size 40, but it actually is 42.

So do you go around painting the town red and telling each and every person you see, that never buy from that showroom as they give wrong sizes!!! Or do you just coolly go to the showroom and tell them to replace it as you understand that it is a genuine mistake by an employee of the shop. And infact, you might even recommend the shop to others if the shopkeeper deals nicely with you and accept the mistake.

The negative feedback system of eBay is something like almost like painting the negative feedback in front of a shop, never to be removed. Even though the seller does everything possible to satisfy the buyer, the negative feedback stays there forever. I have many buyers who have bought items from me even after giving me a -ve feedback for the first order. This just proves that we are committed to buyer satisfaction.

Infact I have just called Mr. Dutta some time back, and I have explained my position on this. He has understood my position and has even told me that he will write about our discussion in this thread. I hope this assures all concerned people, buyers as well as eBay, that we are committed and here for long term.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
I have pasted below is the reply by Mr. Dutta on the main thread for this dispute.The reply was given just after I called Mr. Dutta explaining my position. He is a very good genuine buyer who can fight for his rights, and these are exactly how buyers on eBay should be. Buyers should never be cheated in any way, but I would suggest that the buyers should always contact the seller before assuming that they have been cheated, as most of the time it is just a small genuine mistake on the seller's end which he is ready to resolve. I wish Mr. Dutta and all other genuine buyer all the best and I am sure with buyers like you, fraud sellers will not be able to ply their trade on ebay.

For everyone's reference, below is Mr. Dutta's reply in thread: http://forums.ebay.in/post!reply.jspa?threadID=100001790

Little before I recd a call (STD) from Mr. Himangshu of invogue-inc3 regarding my posting on this discussion board about my bad experience and the considerable –ve feedbacks recd by him. As he has contacted me by phone (STD) for this posting so I think its my duty to tell everybody that this sellers cares about the discussion board and has the intention to explain his points.

For my case he mentioned that there had been some problems with his supplier of Pearls for which I recd the Shell Pearl instead of a real one. The reason is not so impressive but I must acknowledge that he cares to call a dissatisfied buyer. He assured me that they will try their best to stop such mistakes in future. He also assured to modify the specific Pearl listing creating the problem.
Hope he will take up the matter of other dissatisfied buyers similarly and thus reduce the amount of –ve feedbacks recd by him.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply