cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

nayyarkamal
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I want to use your offices to settle a long pending dispute on which no action has been taken for the last 7 months.I got defrauded by a fradulent seller Attitude (Mr. Satish)

Item : Most Stylist Watch On The Baazee
Item ID: 27910213
Order ID: 2427640
The seller took the money more than 7 months back and never cared to deliver the material. I wrote more than 25 reminders to ebay (ealier Baazee) but they did not take any action whatsoever. The ebay team even stopped responding to my mails. Will the ebay team wake up and do something to protect buyers.
Message 31 of 138
latest reply

nayyarkamal
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I want to use your offices to settle a long pending dispute on which no action has been taken for the last 7 months.I got defrauded by a fradulent seller Attitude (Mr. Satish)

Item : Most Stylist Watch On The Baazee
Item ID: 27910213
Order ID: 2427640
The seller took the money more than 7 months back and never cared to deliver the material. I wrote more than 25 reminders to ebay (ealier Baazee) but they did not take any action whatsoever. The ebay team even stopped responding to my mails. Will the ebay team wake up and do something to protect buyers.
Message 32 of 138
latest reply

goldmohour
Community Member
Ashwinji,
with best regards,
I have exactly the same problem as user sunrise_in.I paid Rs.1700/- on 9th August,2005 as online transfer from ICICI bank(BIL/000009456094/EBAY INDIA PVT. LTD./0)as my SELLER`S FEES.BUT IT HAS NOT REFLECTED ON MY ACCOUNT SINCE THEN.More frustratingly the customer care doesnt respond to my mails.why is this happening?
I am not going to pay this amount again and if my account is put on hold,legal measures would be unpleasent.

and yes if given a job in ebay i will satisfy the customers and make ebay a popular site.i am a qualified doctor.
as for other features,people dont realise that it cannot be more practically good than this.
YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE.
regards,
pallav.

Message 33 of 138
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member

Hello All

Looking at the number of posts I guess Avnish will need more than one hour to read them all and by the time he has finished reading them one hour will be over and the only reply we will get from his will be

" Hi Everybody

We will be concluding the workshop now. This thread will be live and Avnish will keep on visiting it regularly. If you have any further query please feel free to post here. Avnish will try to find answers and let you know as soon as possible.

Warm Regards

Sapana

Community Development Team "

LOL ๐Ÿ˜„

Surjeet Kakkar

( Ebay ID : PPJewellers )

Message 34 of 138
latest reply

nirmala_radha
Community Member
Dear Sir,

Iam today a ebay customer and have been a baazee customer since last 16 months. During the baazee time i had won a biod for laptop and the other one is a camera. The payments have been made by me in time and there are several mails sent to baaze & ebay in connection with my items not being delivered till date. Recently ebay replied that thy are looking into the matter . So far there is no reply. Please do expidite to process my items and deliver the same immediately.All required details have been provided as per the mail from ebay.
Message 35 of 138
latest reply

prefect_shopee
Community Member
Congratulations Mr Bajaj for chairmanship and hope under your able leadership company will grow more I know your time is quite valuable so straight away coming to point.

1. E bay India does not seem a safer bet for an honest seller like me.The final value fee for about Rupees 1800/- for various items have been reversed for no fault of mine.(eBay Debit
FVF credit reversal (FVF abuse) - Fees debited fro Ref#87187753)
If a bidder does not complete his transaction then Why should I suffer.When contacted customer care through mail ,I got a response to reduce number of active listing.And do you think with reduced active listings one can sell.

I was building my business slowly and steadily but if this is the way eBay help its seller, I must stop selling here.
Please do the needful.

2. Some buyers leave feed back without even sending the payments and completing a transactions.Does not it seem very funny.

.3E-bay is buyer friendly and there is no provision to safeguard a seller.Why buyers are not properly screened for their seriousness on bidding.

4. Many time I was unnecessarily harassed thorough notices that I can not sell an Item ( Easy Walker).On contacting they would apologise and then if I relit the Item again I would get a notice and then apologizes.
Ultimately I had to stop selling that item.Whom they wanted to favour?
Please look into matter.
If such things are happening to every one ebay.in would be a failure.
Thanks
Message 36 of 138
latest reply

anithajohn
Community Member
Hello,
I had posted this on one of the previous threads but I think it was when the thread had been inactive for a while. So I am reposting.
I have been using EBay from US since 2001. Recently I happened to buy something on EBay India (as it was easier for me to get it shipped to someone residing in India that way).
I have been fortunate to do business with reliable sellers here in the US. Product descriptions have been accurate, shipping charges have been clear, and delivery has been hassle free. Whenever I have had questions they have been answered promptly.
If you attempt to buy something from EBay India, and you go through the feedback received by the prospective sellers (or if you buy something without going through the feedback you will find out for yourself as I did) - repeated queries will get you no answers, long delayed delivery (something they do not specify in their listings), poor condition of items (again not specified in the listings), and if you do give neutral or negative rating to the seller you will be harassed with phone calls and e mails (all of them quite rude in tone if not overtly rude in words - eg: something that I saw in one of the feedbacks - "the buyer needs to be taught how the courier service works, they are not servants").
I do not know what policies EBay India follows in dealing with sellers such as these; but whatever they do now is not working. It is easy to dismiss this as lack of proper customer service on the part of the sellers. But it reflects on EBay India, and you do not need me to point out to you that, that lack of customer service is going to affect you. As someone who used to be comfortable using EBay I will tell you this - I would rather pay more for items bought from sites such as Fabmall.com than put up with attitudes like this. I hope members like me are taken seriously and some badly needed changes made.
Thank you, Anitha John
Message 37 of 138
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
this posting of mine is specially in response to that of Ms. Anitha John .
Madam , May be you have faced problems , but all the seelers at ebay.in are NOT alike , and am sure here you would find honest , dedicated and dependable lot too. Thks
Message 38 of 138
latest reply

apratimg
Community Member
I had been a regular buyer at Baazee for several years, but lately my experience with eBay had been frustating. I had paid for a product number 5196092630 about 4 months back, dispite several reminders i have not recieved the product yet. my complaint made about 2 months back with ebay has not been acknowledged so far. There is no way to protect the customer at the site. It seems to be a site harboring fradulent sellers, in collaboration with rogue portal.
Message 39 of 138
latest reply

pranav95wins
Community Member
Hi All,
After reading all these posts by fellow eBay users, it clearly shows there is satisfaction below par for both the buyers and sellers. EBay must take responsiblity and solve issues soon as possible.
My story goes like this:
Being an innocent old user of baazee.com , i became a member here....and thts whr the problem started.
I put up an unused black and white tv for auction tht was lying @my place thinkin atleast some soul might find it useful..e.g.:students in engineering need it for projects. Some buyers auctioned for it but the top buyer never made the payment to me or collected the tv.
Still eBay found it appropriate to levy COMPLETED SALE transaction charges which are fine provided the sale is made.
HELLO!!..The sale was never completed! Then why on earth should i pay the charges..?
Yet ebay finds it their duty to charge interest on that amount immediately the following month.

GUESS THIS SITE IS GOOD ONLY AT COLLECTING CHARGES..

Now that amount keeps adding up thanks 2 the interest every month. So much for putting up something 2sell for the first time online. Sheesh!
What should i do, i ask all of you out there? Should i pay for sumthing tht i never actually sold??....Would YOU..?

Thanks..
-PRANAV.
Message 40 of 138
latest reply