Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

happy.shoppee
Community Member
1) Credits for Paisapay IDs/Item numbers which were in deal of the Week or Foneozone etc , credits for these came in very late after 3 months some are still pending
total amount going in lkhs for credit to be passed to seller

2) community Feedback forum with limit of 4 feedback appeals in favcour of buyer then seller has to wait for nxt 100 feedback to appeal doesnt look justified as many buyers leave UNFAIR negative / neutral feedback

3) If paisapay fees / ebay fees reduces then we can expect more n more sales , as sales normally is much less compared to sales in Deals
Message 91 of 124
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
Hello ambareesh murty sir

Welcome & Wish happy new 2011, i wish you lots of success in life & good health god bless you.

I am looking for positive & good advise for our all questions,

Thank you

regards lakshmi
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 92 of 124
latest reply

ambareesh@ebay.com
Community Member
Folks

I see several posts related to suspensions and restrictions.
While discussing individual cases is not appropriate for this forum (you can reach out to your Account Managers and CS in case required) below please find my view on adherence to selling standards on eBay.

We interact with a lot of our buyers on a regular basis and have found that buyers expect retail like service when they purchase online. This means clear description of items, prompt (and cheap) shipping, high levels of communication and great prices overall. These standards will continue to evolve and I am certain that basis consumer expectations we'll need to keep raising the bar.

The feedback and DSR system helps us measure the performance of our sellers with respect to these buyer expectations and this information is made available to buyers and sellers in detail.

We act to restrict/suspend accounts based on underperformance vis-a-vis standards over a reasonably long period of time. We also believe that not taking action on below standard performance is detrimental to the overall marketplace and therefore to our seller community at large.

I know that eBay will grow only if our sellers do and therefore our actions are in the best interests of the community at large.

Regards...Ambareesh

Regards...Ambareesh
Message 93 of 124
latest reply

rahul_7777
Community Member
Hello sir if you are here then kindly post a hello so we can know that you are here Thanks
Message 94 of 124
latest reply

happy.shoppee
Community Member
For many issues the final resort given to us in inrswebhelp@ebay.com or insellerverification but then the Live chat doesnt solve the purpouse there.

More time should be given to sellers for arranging Proof Of delivery when reqd cos not all sellers use/ can use Blue Dart or TNT etc

Steps are taken for buying experience improvement, ceratin steps should be implemented for selling experience on ebay addressing issues like - Feedbacks,Unpaid items so on .....

Time to time ebay should look into bringing more traffice on site apart from deals like ebay guarantee is 1 such option though its too hard at sellers end ,Gift Vouchers, community feedback forum i dont agree with that totally.
Message 95 of 124
latest reply

ambareesh@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi ULTIMATE.TRADERS

Thanks for your question! I agree that eBay is a Community and like any Community the value we uphold the highest is the trust of members.

Ensuring the products are good and as promised in the listing. The eBay Category Managers select items for promotion basis assurances from our selling partners that the items are in good working condition.

In the rare case that promoted items do not function as desired, eBay and the seller are committed to ensuring that the buyers receive a refund/replacement fast.

We are in the midst of strengthening our 'deal' selection processes to ensure that high transactional velocity is driven only on quality products.

Regards...Ambareesh

Regards...Ambareesh
Message 96 of 124
latest reply

lifeisnice03
Community Member
Hello Mr Murthy,

Thanks for the prompt steps to look into our matters.

I just received a call from ebay.in named Jadhav in our India office regarding the promotion advertisement on ebay.in webpage.
Im really glad for it.

But it is shame and unfortunately he has no knowledge of promotion marketing instead he is asking some very irrelevant questions which are not useful and has no relation for the promotion advertising. complete waste of time.

Other concern is: Please use email rather call...
Why they dont email us because call last for only few minutes and nothing works and later there is no evidence of what was discussed earlier.
I prefer email as most of the times Im abroad and told the ebay staff many times but they all turn deaf hears to it.

I still appreciate your time and concern in resolving the the issues but if ebay.in has to grow they have to take care of all their sellers and buyers properly.

Once again staff training is must!!!!! I would suggest to have a look over Mikitanis: Rakuten Japan President and their work culture regarding the ecommerce business and market.

having experience on ecommerce abroad, I would like to receive Email if you have time. I would like to discuss/advise many things regarding the ebay.in working.

Warm regards
Raul
www.wancherpens.com
ebay store: wancherpens
Message 97 of 124
latest reply

ambareesh@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi SN-SHOPPE

Happy New Year to you too!

Regards...Ambareesh

Regards...Ambareesh
Message 98 of 124
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Dear Ambareesh Ji.

When we say cheap shipping, It is very difficult to negotiate prices with courier companies, with the little volume we sellers have. But when eBay will approach them with the enormous volume it has no doubt they will come running with best rates.

When some shopping website like rediff can negotiate rates and provide its sellers a centralized shipping solution, why cant eBay do same?

On eBay 90% of problems are logistic related and those can only be solved if a centralized eBay controlled and maintained shipping method is devised.

Regards
Sunil
Message 99 of 124
latest reply

happy.shoppee
Community Member
In a nutshell -

1) Paisapay / FVF charges to be reduced.

2) Penalty for refunds is ery critical shud be more flexible

3) Shipping & delivery with ebay having courier tiep for sellers / powersellers tht will overall improve delivery time,delivery, less claims being filed , seller also wqill make sure he does his best for shipping etc

4) Community feedback forum purouse is good but structure too rigid

5) Credits to sellers for deals come in very late

6) Interactive tutorial to buyers should have overall good benefits to selling n buying , how to make sure items are being paid by buyers in acution format winning bid thats how ebay started , why leave our roots

7) Response from insellerverification isnt upto the mark always

Though 1 hour is a too short tie to discuss on overall isuues & improvement in terms of business on ebay , we still thank you for the short discussion & your time & expect positive changes implemeted for buyers & sellers.
We as sellers also do our best to give bestperformance.
Message 100 of 124
latest reply