Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Re: Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Thanks a lot to Ambareesh and all our Community members for the enthusiastic participation.

We are locking the thread and tack this up for future reference. If you wish to start a new discussion, please feel free to start a new thread.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 121 of 124
latest reply

Dear Sir,

this mail to bring your kind attention,

i had purchased a new canon 1100D by paying 19,708. after i recieving the productthe canon battery charger was missing, I filed a complaint under ebay guarantee. one of the customer service executive called a clarified that the cost of charger is 600rs, and can purchase the same from ebay site through coupon. They send me the Coupon code :-GCHGNSDF0R for the same , and now i noticed that the product value in close to 2000 Rs. in ebay sites and he cheated me with wrong information. without consulting with customer the case status is showing closed. How can we trust such a site and purchase. Please send me my cash back , i will return the product to ebay. Please dont cheat customers by showing less price in the website and deliver product after taking out items from the box.

when i contacted the seller, he gave me a vague answer that the product was in the kit as it comes like that.

Please treat this complaint as most urgent,

Thanks

Message 122 of 124
latest reply

Hi Sir,

I purchased the HTC screen Cover and I didn't receive the item and inreturn, I raised the claim (Claim ID: 236485 , PaisaPay ID : 33861812961 ,Item number: 360675411567 )and it is been closed because my mobile is not reachable. Later I called three times to your Customer Care Toll Free number and the response was very worst they opened said that they reopened the Claim but it was never reopened and also I didn't get a single call or mail from your team. They also asked me mail to insellerverification@ebay.com but they didn't respond to that mail too. This really makes me feel more bad that i was hanging to you people for my money which i paid for, I will never ever again encourage my friends or my family to purchase from this website. Inspite of Ebay gaurantee your service is very worst. I am fed up of support. If you get time check on this issue. 

Thanks,

Jawahar

Message 123 of 124
latest reply

Dear Sir

On 18/7/2013, paid through my netbanking Rs. 39485/- through transaction no: 201311138119 SBIPG foir the purchase of SONY BRAVIA LED 40" TV through e.bay.

They have given 100% guarantee.

But on 31/7/2013 received a courier in which they sent Sony LCD  with front screen broken condition.

Immediatly I tried several times to contact the seller over phone 8447702599. But remain unattendive for more than an hour.

Then lodged complaint through e.bay to sort out the problem neither by repayment nor by replacement with what I asked.

One gentle man from ebay spoke to me through mobile no:4288248006 and collect the details from me

One another man contact me through 2261322300 and request me for one more day to solve the proble.

After that, I have posted my openion about the supplier as dissatisfaction, on 9/8/2013., immediatly  I received a call from 8447702599. That man asked me why you have posted as complaining supersale6666 ? And also stated that he is working towards solving the complaint as I detailed above.

What we came to know about this seller now is., he trying to sell broken TV through e.bay and got the payment through paisapay also.

On 7/8/2013 all of the sudden my complaint status disappear and there was nothing kept on pending.

One gentle man asked me over phone to keep the TV with me till his further instruction and do not send it to any where ???!!!

My question is, how the Paisa pay released the payment when the customer complaint was not sorted out properly?

Then what is the use/hold/status of Paisa pay., which is bridging the seller and buyer?

I'll never go any where till my problem solved through paisa pay

Item No: 200543791698 

Paisa pay : 252434

Revert with furthe4r action sooner

Kamalapathy

@jawaharpalaniappan wrote:

Hi Sir,

I purchased the HTC screen Cover and I didn't receive the item and inreturn, I raised the claim (Claim ID: 236485 , PaisaPay ID : 33861812961 ,Item number: 360675411567 )and it is been closed because my mobile is not reachable. Later I called three times to your Customer Care Toll Free number and the response was very worst they opened said that they reopened the Claim but it was never reopened and also I didn't get a single call or mail from your team. They also asked me mail to insellerverification@ebay.com but they didn't respond to that mail too. This really makes me feel more bad that i was hanging to you people for my money which i paid for, I will never ever again encourage my friends or my family to purchase from this website. Inspite of Ebay gaurantee your service is very worst. I am fed up of support. If you get time check on this issue. 

Thanks,

Jawahar

Kamalapathy
Message 124 of 124
latest reply