Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

prajapati.gurubhai
Community Member
hello sir,

please clear my doubt.
i want to know that, if i buy something from a seller on ebay for which the seller gives me warranty on the product for a time period and in case the seller becomes unregistered within that period. then whom should i contact for the warranty of my product. will ebay be responsible for that warranty.

thanks.
-Guru
Message 71 of 124
latest reply

As seller we often face this common problem. when an item is listed for bidding,a buyer bids and don't pay or communicate.One way to get rid of them is cancel their bids before the item ends.But you have to give a valid reason every time you cancel some one's bid which is recorded in the system.I have a suggestion to offer with a hope that same will be implemented by ebay someday. Today ebay registration is free.This is the real problem.Anybody can register free and start bidding.When their play is over they simply unregister and leave ebay.When we try to catch them and report to ebay.Ebay informs us that this member is no longer registered with us. Now let me list out our suffering,our items do not sale and final value fees get blocked for at least 15 days.Then we have to go to resolution center to cancel the transaction and wait for the mercy of such immoral/unethical buyers."Mercy" I mentioned because if the buyer declines the cancellation,our final value fees won't be returned.This whole problem can be avoided if ebay introduces a nominal registration fee or security deposit of say Rs1000 till a member achieves a feedback score of 50 with positive FB rating of 100%.After this, security amount will be adjusted against his ebay bills or may be refunded by ebay.Bidding limit for such buyers will limited to Rs 1000 only till that period.
regards
Message 72 of 124
latest reply

benedict_kmu
Community Member
Hi,

I Love EBay. But Customer care is very very very poor. Please do the needful.
Message 73 of 124
latest reply

anand.lohia
Community Member
Hi Mr Murthy,

My question is about Global Easy Buy. When you have started this service I was quite exited to know about it as I thought that now I ll be able to get some good electronic items like Mobile, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, Play Stations etc at a cheaper rate but when I had a look at the prices I was very disappointed. The price of the items listed on GEB are almost double the price in which we get that item in India. A simple alarm clock which costs around INR 500 is having a price of more than INR 2000 on GEB. This is very disappointing.
I request you to please have a look at this matter and provide the item on GEB at a reasonable rate.

Regards
Anand.
Message 74 of 124
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
Dear Mr Ambareesh Murty,
A issue that we sellers often face is that a number of times our listings are pulled down giving some reason which we fail to understand, or its just said that some words are objectionable . Even On reading the listing description closely we fail to find any such words , even the eBay TNS dept is not able to point out the exact words, for that .
a few times the listing even fails to appear in the search results, --the reason some words can not pass the filter, but no one knows what words should be changed in the listing,
To make mistake is human but to correct it one need to know what exactly the mistake is .

An answer like some words in the listing are objectionable is a very vague answer.
I request to you to please at least let us know what are the exact words which are objectionable and can not pass the filter , and in case it is pulled down by TNS please a specific reason should be provided.
My reference is to my item nos 160530983253,160530978906,160530979011,160530979209 , which were pulled down today morning, and the mail i received is not very specfic, i can not understand why my listings are pulled down.
I am a genuine seller and sell only original sealed games , then I fail to understand as why my these listings are pulled down,

Can you please spare a minute to explain me the reason😄
Regards
akash
Message 75 of 124
latest reply

rahul_7777
Community Member
Hello,Ambareesh Sir,
My concern is regarding the customer care service which is dedicated to buyers only i as a seller faced a problem & reported customer care & at insellerprotection.com several times but never got back a reply the mail which i sent with the proof's & pictures to prove my point on 21st december was as follow's-
Respected Sir/Madam,
I will like to bring in your knowledge i am a seller on ebay.in my id is 'rahul_7777' i sufferd a loss arising out of refund made to buyer 'amol2you'for 'Original Sennheiser LX90 StyleLine Headphones'item no-200546454824 & paisapay id-27867315589 transaction the buyer received the item before delivery timelines but intiated refund as item not received so when i was asked by ebay i provided POD immediately then he claimed as item not as described but the item is 100% as described & 100% original before raising claim he contacted me you can check our communication history i offered a refund if he is not satisfied he sent back the item i received the parcel but when i opened it there was only the box of the earphone with a case which comes in the box there were no earphones in the box & all the original packing was torn even if earphones were there it was not in condition to resell the buyer fraudlently took benefit of the ebay policy & got his money refunded & also kept the earphone & i being a seller has lost my item & money also i can prove that item is 100% original as i got it as gift with my nokia 5800 when i prebooked to purchase it & i have the bill of the item so i am attaching with this mail the bill,POD, & original pictures of the packing of the ear phones which the buyer sent back so kindly look in the matter & take necessary steps to stop this refund because if that is not done i will suffer a loss of money more than i earned on ebay you can check my previous records & feedbacks also i am a fair seller but will not be able to continue ebay as same thing can happen again anytime so i am here to earn & not to bear losses due to some fraud buyer so please check the attached proof's & do the justice.
Regard's
Rahul Srivastav
Sir i suffered a loss but main thing which hurts me was that i was unheard i never got any reply from ebay regarding the claim so sir is it possible to work in an enviorment in which we sellers work hard to earn pennies for ebay but ebay hears buyers who pay them nothing is this fair enough i request you to look in the matter & penalise me if i prove wrong in an another instance a buyer leaft a negative feedback without even contacting me i would have replaced or refunded the item so please reply so that i feel secured that someone is listening to us also & cares for us too,Thank's Rahul Srivastav.
Message 76 of 124
latest reply

cool_deals30
Community Member
Mr Murthy,

Thanks for taking the time out in reaching to community. We appreciate the gesture and want to make the most of it.

I dont want to delve in to whats working cause you are already doing a great job on some of the things. I am more interested in hearing from you on whats not working for sellers. If you want i will provide proof and evidence for each of my points but to cut the long story short. This is also a summary of major concerns the seller community has raised in the entire forum (just trying to shorten it so that you can respond).

1) Paisapay COD not working as desired for sellers.

2) Seller penalty for refunds is injustice to sellers. Even after claiming reasons beyond our control for refunds which were initiated paisapay charged us and didnt have the courtesy to reply to our request to look in to the matter.

3) Ebay Buyer guarantee is working to some extent but our appeals to insellerverification for any claims against the buyers falls on deaf ears. No response no replies absolutely whatsoever. Thats not fair.

4) Ebay customer service still needs improvement. No use of customer service if everything has to go to inrswebhelp@ebay.com

5) Listings pulled down without reasons without looking at the root cause and preventing a seller to make that mistake again.

6) From a buyer perspective, it looks like GEB is not doing great or atleast the forums dont suggest that.

7) These days all one can see on forums is complaints / grudges etc. Like Ebay.com i request to put the forums on 2nd or 3rd page and not directly on first page once someone clicks community tab. Without a thought people start complaining and maligning ebay which erodes buyer confidence. If it has to happen let it happen behind close doors and not on the main community board.

8) Ebay Gift Vouchers seem to be another area where we see lots of unsatisfied buyers. Please improve it.

9) As berrynext suggested educate buyer before they can leave a neutral or negative feedback.

10) We hardly see any ebay pinks on boards trying to resolve any queries issues any longer. Is that team shelved or no longer interested. Hearing back from ebay pacifies customers and sellers both.

Thats all i had. I wish you success in 2011. From my management boots, i believe your success lies in making processes and information simple for end users. We can do away with some red tapism and beuaracracy ... on a lighter note.

Thanks and please keep in touch atleast once in 6 months on boards pls.

thanks,
Cool_Deals30
PS: Any new changes coming up on ebay in 2011. If you could provide a summary of whats on horizon for 2011 it would indeed be helpful. Thanks!!
Message 77 of 124
latest reply

xshopaccp
Community Member
sir
ur team have started charging for paisapay refund rs 100 per deal

well i am selling item worth rs 49 to rs 99 in that if i get a refund charges rs 100 how can i sale at ebay

in india they is no courier who cover the INDIAN FULLY, postal dept dont take parcel because they think it contain BOMB or DRUG, they ask us to pack in front of them , also they dont have give any loss damage claim also.

coming to your charges i agree with your tea,m but u shold come with a pincode syetem were seller can upload the excel sheet of pincode his courier serviceable then buyer can only place the order of that pincode

but in this also customer will try to put wrong postal pincode so u should mention they that DONT PUT WRONG PINCODE as courier will Return the shipment

pls come with this system !!!!
Message 78 of 124
latest reply

10.rupinder
Community Member
Dear Mr. Murthy,

I have purched a lot of diamonds in the month of Sept 10. but the item was not as discribed so I returned the item well within the specified time. The item code is 370424761191. I haven't recd any refund till date from the buyer. I raised the request throuth resolution centre and they intimated that the money will be paid by E-bay thru buyer protection policy but till date I am waiting to the Rs. 6000 refund. If I go to my resolution Centre it shows that the case is closed and the solution shows that the claim is submitted. But by when the claim will be settled. Please ask your team to be proactive.

Regards
Message 79 of 124
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

A very warm welcome to the Open House Session!

Today we have Ambareesh Murty - Country Manager - eBay India, for an open disucssion on eBay India and the way forward. He will be here for next one hour.

Please welcome him and lets get started!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 80 of 124
latest reply