Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

lifeisnice03
Community Member
Hello Mr. Murthy,

I have some few suggestions, I hope you will be able to view it from your busy schedule.

I just want to tell that please look into the customer service section. The customer service of ebay is very bad, as a seller I tried to contact them many times to help me in advertising my listings on the ebay India webpage. I called several times and also emailed but nobody seems to be helpful.

Secondly, some of the listings dont show up in the store.
The listing is in active mode but buyers cannot see it. This means IT staff is not working up to the mark. India famous for IT in world not expected to do like this.

Ebay concept is to develop healthy community and not just buy and sell like alibaba, India mart. But I think ebay India is forgetting the community concept which is hampering the image of it and is futile if there is no community concept. I seriously urge to make a buyer seller friendly, more blogs, transparent system and enjoying shopping.

There are many loopholes in the working of ebay India.
I hope it is been rectified and amended in proper time other wise it is hard for ebay india to maintain the ebay.com standard and soon or later the other giants from overseas such as taobao-China, Rakuten-Japan will soon compete you guys in India and we sellers have to go to the best seller friendly web commerce.

Especially please check Rakuten Japan web commerce system, they offer the world best trading business. I strongly recommend to study Rakuten Japan`s business model and also for the staff training.

Thank You
Raul
www.wancherpens.com
ebay store: wancherpens
Message 61 of 124
latest reply

Hello Mr.Murthy,

I am selling philately (stamps) since 1 month. I had a horrifying experience talking to your customer service. I am really sorry to say you have one of the worst customer support team.

First I started creating my listing offline using ‘Turbo Lister’ tool. The tool is created out of open source and there are many issues and not really user friendly. I needed some help from customer service. But unfortunately the customer support team, do not have access to ‘Turbo Lister’ and they fail to support. I made several calls with issues and always got an answer as ‘we will call back’ and so far I never got any call back. It is standard false reply. Later somehow I tried myself to resolve ‘Turbo Lister’ problems.

Next I had some issues with Invoice creating and editing. When I called customer support (also sent mail to customer support), again they don’t know much about invoice creation and editing. Once again I got a false reply as ‘we will call back’ and so far I never got any call back. It is a standard false reply. I request you to speak to some of your customer support people and just ask them about how the ebay sales module works and the Invoice creation. I am sure you will get horrifying answers.

In between I got a mail from ‘Mr. V..’, introducing himself as in-charge of my account. Initially he spoke to me once and later I wrote to him (his email) may times with my problems and I never got any call or any email reply.

Now I have a very serious problem. Recently I got a mail from ‘PaisaPay’ regarding furnishing the scanned documents for ‘KYC Verification’. As requested I immediately sent scanned copies to KYC email on 06.01.2011. Yesterday (09.01.2011) I got a mail stating my remittances will be on hold as I have not furnished docs. Once again I called customer support to get standard false reply as ‘we will call back’, which as expected it never happened.

Again on 09.01.2011 and today (10.01.2011) I sent mails to my accounts manager ‘Mr. V..’ and customer support to know why my remittances are on hold even after furnishing KYC documents. Once again I still not got any call back from my account’s manager or the customer service.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue. Whom I should contact (other than customer service)? Should I stop listing until the issue is resolved?
At least from you I will get some answers.

Thank You,
Muralidhar
Message 62 of 124
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
:-DHello Ambareesh Murty Sir,

I Am Nagalakshmi Naidu

Sorry To Say Sir But Your Ebay Team Work Like A Government Sector,

Now Days Our Technology Improving So Much Day by Day & Every Ones Want Every Thing In Fastest Way & Ebay.in Is Online Shopping & A Private Limited Company Then Its Should Give More Fast Service & Reliable To All Your Buyer & Sellers,

I Have Some Problems & Same of My Suggestion For Ebay Site If You Can Make It,

Ebay Web page Problem

1) Your Ebay Website Is Very Slow in Opening Page & some times We Seller Always Get Page Errors while we listing items online & we have to refresh & retype every thing Again Its Big Headache. Tried In All Explorer Same Getting,

Ebay Customer Care

2) Your Customer Care Service Is Very Very Poor & Always One Answer For All Your Question Email To trust & Safely Team They Say To All Buyers & Sellers , " My Question Is If Our All Problems Or Questions Solved By T & S Team Then why Is Your Customer care For ?

Last Time Ebay Have Announced T & S Team Online Chat For Better Answer & Fast Replay Regarding Any Issues Chat With Team Directly, But There Is No Any Option to Select T&S Team on Your Website online chat Room & To Get Connected With T&S Team We Chose Any Other Option Available once its get connected We have To Ask The Person Connect Me To T&S Team,

Why Ebay Not Given Direct T&S Team Option On Menu Online Chat Room ?

When Ever I Chat Online With T & S Team For Any Problem or Help They always Say Send Email At Inrswebhelp@ebay.com, If Till I Have To Send Email For All My Problems or Help Then What The Us Of Online T&S Team Chat For ?

99% Ebay Email Replay’s We Get after 2 Days Also Same Automatic Emails Nothing Else & No Proper Answer & Solution About Question, Always buyer & seller won’t get proper answer for their problems from your Team At All Then They Come on Ebay Forum to Ask Others,

Sir I Request you kindly Do Some thing & Try To Improve Your Customer Care Phone Team & Make T & S Team Phone Support Also Then We Get Better & Fast Answer & Solution’s For All Our Question & Problems In Less Time,

Ebay Policies Against Sellers

3) Now Days Ebay Only Thinking About Buyers Safety But Not About Sellers Safety & always Making New Policy's For Sellers,

We Have Set Our Business in Ebay but We Don’t Have Any Guarantee Of Our Business When Our Business Get Close & Our Account Get Suspended or Our Paisa pay Account Put On Hold By Ebay ,

You Have Mode So Many Polices & Condition’s For Sellers But You Have Not Made Sellers Business & Money Safety Polices Why ?

Sellers Have No Safe Business & Money With Ebay & As Ebay Seller & As A Trading Partner You Have Not Given Any Surety of Our Business & Money With Ebay,

Most Of The Times Our account get suspend or put on Hold by Ebay & Our Hard Earned Money Stuck With Paisa Pay Then We Contact Your Team They Say Policy Violation That’s It, No Proper Answer, They Don’t Tell You What Policy Or Polices Has Been Violated by The User & When We Ask Why ? Ebay Team Say’s We Cannot Disclose What Policy Have Been Violated On Your Account Simple,

I Don’t Think So it’s a Proper Way Of Business People Answers To Their Traders,

If You Have Made All This Polices For Your Ebay Users Then Why Your Hiding Which Polices They Have Been Violated & Which Of Those Rules of Ebay They Have Braked ?

Don’t You Think At Least Your Ebay User Should Have Rights To Know About He/She Mistakes & Account Violated Policies Right ?

Ebay Payments

4) When U Have Launched 30+ Banks on Paisa pay For Buyers Then Why You Have Not Given Same Option For Sellers To Pay Their Monthly Invoices ?

Why Seller Have only 3 Bank Option To Pay our Invoices ?

The Biggest Problem Is ALL SELLER CANNOT MAINTAIN ICICI,HDFC,CITI BANKS BECAUSE THEIR CHARGES ARE VERY HIGH COMPAIR TO OTHER BANKS,

WHEN EVER I SEND CHEQUE TO YOUR MUMBAI OFFCE THEY DONT UPDATE & WE HAVE CALL 10 TIMES & INFORM THEM WE HAVE SEND CHEQUE PLEASE UPDATE,

To Update Any Cheque Details on System Its Take only Less Then 2 minutes But Ur Employees Needs 10 Working Days To Update Same Cheque On Our Account Really Very Bad,

BECAUSE OF YOUR BILLING TEAM SLOW WORK MY SELLER ACCOUNT PUT ON HOLD & HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED 2 TIMES THEN I HAVE REACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT & ITS TOOK ALL MOST ONE MONTH ACTIVE AGAIN..

!)Now Days Your Paisa Pay Team Is Very Delay In Sending Sellers Payments, We Have only 2 Payments In A Week That Is Also Delay,

i.e Monday They Send Payment, Its Get credit by Tuesday or Wednesday, & Thursday Payment Get Credit By Friday or Saturday This Is Also Not Sure Some Times Maybe More Delay & At Least Your Paisa Pay Team Don’t Send Email Regarding Delay,

Small Seller like Me Sum Of Other Seller Cannot Hold Our Payment For A Long Time & We Also Have To Pay Many People Like Dealers & Wholesalers Time To Time & If We Don’t Pay Them On Time Next Time They Will Not Give Credit or Products, I Hope You Can Understand This Problem,

Please Make More Remittance At least 3 payments in week,

For i.e Monday & Wednesday & Friday & Make sure u Send All Payments Same Day To all Sellers Without Delay, Then All Your Sellers Can Able Manage Their Business & Ebay & They Can Able To Manage Their Dealers & Wholesalers & Their Workers & It Will Also Increases Your listing & Selling In More Fastest Way & Both Seller & Ebay Have More Business In less Time,

Ebay Bidding System

5) Most of The Time Your Bidder Don’t Pay Money after They Win & Many Of Them Have “ Wrong Address & Wrong Contact Numbers “ Because Of Them Sellers Are Very Upset, Its Just Waste of Sellers Business Time & Money & Hard Work He/She Put on Listing,

When Ever A New User Sign Up On Ebay Then Ebay Team Should Verify That Person Address & Contact number Via Phone & Send Some Account Activation Code To Their Address & Mention This Necessary For Safe Buying & Paying Online & Its Very Impotent.

There Are Many Buyers Who Change Address & Contact Details After Verification Done By Ebay Team Then Again You Should Same Verification Process For Safety Trading,

If you do this verification 1 or 2 times buyer will never change Account details again.

When Ever Your Bidding Buyer False In Paying Payments Then Why Will Seller Have To Pay Money to Ebay For Fake Bidder ,& You Should Refund Your Seller All listing Fee Including Any Features He/She Has Used All Them Have To Refund To Seller Account,.

Please Reduces Unpaid item Days Also, Now Currently We Are Waiting For 8 Days To Get Final Value Fee, 4 Day For File Unpaid Item Case Open & 4 Days For Close,

Any Genuine Buyer Want Item They pay Instantly Or In 1 or 2 Days,

Fake Buyer Never Pay Even If You Wait For 1 Month, Then Why Your Wasting Sellers Time & Ebay Time Waiting For 8 Days,

Please Make It For Total 4 Days i.e 2 Days for Unpaid Item Case open & 2 Days for Buyer Response, If incase He/She Don’t Money In 4 Days Close case & Give Seller FVF FEE,

!) MANY TIMES BUYERS COMPLAINTING ABOUT OUTBID & THEY ARE BLAMING SELLERS & EBAY & SAYING FRAUD BIDDING SYSTEMS, POSTING IN EBAY FORUMS,

They are getting out bid because of other bidder set high amount for the product & Even Seller Also Don’t Know What Is The Amount,

Now The Buyer Complaint Is “ Why Ebay Is Hiding The Highest Bid Amount From Us “ ?

Even I Do Agree With Buyers why Ebay Hiding High Bid Amount To Seller & Buyer ?
Its Not Good Idea At All, Please Remove The Hiding System From Ebay,

If You Remove This Hiding System Then There One More Good Thing Seller Can Do, Many Buyer Make Fake Bid i.e Rs.99999 / 10000 or 1000000 For Rs.1000 Value Item Incase Any Seller See Found Those Fake Bids Then Seller Can Remove & Give Chance To Genuine Bidders, This Will Save Seller Time & ebay Time Too,

FeedBack System

6) Your Feedback System Is Good But Its Become Big Headache For All Sellers Now,

Many of Your Ebay Buyers Leaves Neutral & Negative Feedback With out Contacting Sellers & Blackmailing Seller by Negative Feedbacks,

There Are Many Sellers Also Who Make Fake Buyer Account Leave Negative Feedback To Other Sellers To spoil Their Business Reputation & Get Seller Account Suspend,

Now Days Many Sellers Are Very Upset Because Of Many Non Paying Bidding Buyers Leaving Negative Feedback's To All Genuine Sellers For No Reason,

Ebay Can Control This I Will Tell you How ?

Any Buyer Bid & Win The Item They Should Have Pay For Item First Then only They Can Able To Leave Feedback To Seller, This Feedback System Ebay Have To Set,

i.e Any Buyer Won Item & The Won Buyer Trying To Leave feedback To Seller With out Paying Money, Then They Should Not Get The Option Of The Leave Feedback Until They Pay Money For It Via Paisa Pay, With This System Seller 50% negative feedback problem solved,

I Know This Website Signs It Was Bazee.com I Was A Buyer & They Also Have Good Feedback System For Both Buyers & Sellers,

When Its Become Ebay.in U Have Changed Totally Given Main Priority To Buyers Rate Sellers But Why You Have Not Given Seller To Rate The Buyers ?

As A Seller I Disagree To Give All Positive Feedback To Bad /Fake/Fraud Buyers,

A Buyer Have The Option To See Good & Bad From Seller Feedbacks But As a Seller We Really Don’t Know He/She Is Genuine Or Fake Or Fraud Buyers, Don’t You Think Its Unfair ?

Now Days Fake Buyers & Bidders Increasing Day by Day & Wasting Sellers Time & Feedback System,

Please Allow Both Buyers & Sellers To Know Each & Other Good & Bad Thing & Experiences Via Ebay Feedbacks Or At Least Give Option To Seller To See Our Bidder & Buyers, How Many Unpaid Items He/She Got & How Many Products He/She Bought From Ebay & How Many Refund Cases & How Many Numbers Of Positive & Neutral & Negatives Feedbacks They Left To Others Sellers,

If You Can Give This Or Those Type Of Option Seller Can Sell Their Products To Genuine Buyers & Seller Can Avoid Fake & Fraud Buyers,

About Your Free Gift Items

Many Buyers Buys More Items When You Offer Them Free Gifts & They Get Very Upset If They Don’t Get It, This is Again Problem With Your Team,

Why You Have Given 45 Days To Reach Free Gift To Buyer After Purchase ?
Any Parcel Its Take To Reach Buyers Takes Only 4 to 8 Days Then Why You People Need So Days & Time ?

Ok Even After 45 Days Also There Is No Guarantee That Free Gift Reach Buyers,

You Know There Many Many Buyers On Ebay Who Have Not Received Their Free Gift From Many Months You Know That ? Many Buyer Complaints & Post In Forums Say Ebay Free Gift Fraud In Ebay Forums ?

Once Your Buyers Trust Is Lost Then It Cannot Get It Back Remember Next Time They Wont Buy Again on Offers, Your Ebay Team Should Understand This, Because Some Issue Like This Sale Are Going Down Maybe,

All This Happing Because Of Your Ebay.in Team lessee Work , I Have Faced This Issue Personally,

Last Time On Diwali Have Also Bought One Cell Phone & Redeem 2 gb iball Pen Drive, Till Now Not Received & Contacted You Customer care Always Say’s Wait For More day & Wait For Email & Its Been More Then 2 Months Now, Your 45 Given Time also Over, No Update From Your Team & No Email Received Regarding This,

I Want Know Why Your Ebay Team Don’t Send Courier Details & Tracking Number Once They Dispatched Parcel Via Sms Or Email To All Buyers ? at lest Buyer can track their gift & take from courier people ,

You Know All This Courier Company’s If You Don’t Bother About Your Shipment or Parcel They Don’t Care Delivery & Some Of Courier People Only Take It,

See We Just Cannot Offer Free Gift & Send an Leave It, We Cannot Do That, The Buyer Should Get The Free Gift Item & They Should Feel Happy About It & They Will Defiantly Come Again On Ebay Buy Many Others Products,

I Still Remember That Day When I Got Free Bag From Bazee.com Just For First Time Sign Up I Got A Big Bag, Till Today I Have The Bag With Me & I Have Told All My Friends On That Time I got Free Gift From Bazee They Also Sign Up & Bought Many Products From Bazee & Its Feel Very Happy When You Get Some Free Gifts From Any Company, Every Time I See The Bag I Remember Bazee.com, You Ebay.in Also Should Do In Same Way Sir,

This Is All My Point of View & Thinking,
If You & Your Team Think Its Good Idea’s & Its Works Kindly Make Some Changes in Ebay.in,

Thank You Much For Valuable Time & Thanks For Reading My Post,

Best Regards Lakshmi
From “Sn-Shoppe”
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 63 of 124
latest reply

ankitji123
Community Member
Hi Ambresh,

The Biggest problem with Ebay is the customer support if u read through the lines u will know it.
Only one email id to contact inrs and that team also sleeps on many issues.

Please give me a Id where I can forward a complaint and that complain is really actioned.

Regards
Ankit
Message 64 of 124
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Steps should be taken to avoid Buyers and Sellers pitted at each other for sake of -ve feedback removal, as already eBay guarantee claim and other paths are there whichprotect the buyers money.

When a buyer feels to post a -ve feedback he should be encountered with a Nag screen asking to resolve his issues by communication or just get the open Letter of Pierre Omidyar, across to the buyer before he posts a -ve feedback.

As Pierre properly explains the philosophy behind the -ve feedbak, that mistakes do happen by humans behind the computer screens, but rising above the mistakes, and in adversity clinching the deals,is all about eBay spirit.

Why eBay is Great because of its Community, unlike rediff or indiatimes, which have their own USP or naaptol or infibeam or the current TRADUS , i myself prefer to buy on eBay rather then on this portals as buyer becuase you get direct acess to vendors, and its just the feeling on off-line shopping converted into much feel good easier well classified simple shopping.

If the community spirit which is the USP of eBay is not held up, and if eBay forgets at the end its only a medium for buyers and sellers to meet, and not go over head into making such draconian policies which start spreading animosity and start drawing cracks between the buyers and seller community.only then it will retain its no.1 position,as few years back sellers and buyers had very few choices, now the online market has become volatile and and most Big sellers sell and regular buyers also buy from other websites too in india.

Only thing which excites the buyer and seller and to come to eBay more frequent is the vibrant community spirit, so please uphold the same, so cracks donot develop in the same, and educate the buyers, there is need to educate the buyers regarding the feedback system and rating or DSR system, that is grossly neglected by eBay, entire onus of the same is put on seller.

How can a seller now take responsibility for the Buyer education too, its excpecting too much from your sellers, please let us do our core work of delivering goods and providing best goods at best possible prices, donot drag or indirectly checkmate a seller into extra job of educating the buyer too.

Please Look into the feedback system and make changes where by the buyer gives an educated feedback, and doesnot always rush to give his seller a -ve feedback and tries and take a step towards resolving his issues by communication first.As -ve feedbacks on your top performing seller will also misguide other new buyers and sales of sellers will decrease in return eBay will earn lower revenues, So the entire ecosystem is affected by 1 stupid uneducated buyer.

Hope Sir, you will take this suggestion seriously of forming a happy bller ecosystem and more educated Buyers for the feedback system
Message 65 of 124
latest reply

pradeepa_sathyan
Community Member
Hi, I had faced a problem with ebay regarding Diwali gift. Still i didnt received my diwali gift, called customer care several times and they updated me its returned back due to address issue... I am sure the given address is right and i had received the products to the same address.

I updated the same address with the customer almost more than 45 days. after that i called thrice and they replied me saying that they have some issues with the courrier company....if thats the thing y cant they change the vendor.....

Y the customer should wait for your internal issues....
After this i stopped buying proiducts in ebay.

One of the worst customer careeee......I dont where to escalate next.....the only way i can update in all blog and stop my friends buying in ebay....
Message 66 of 124
latest reply

varahb
Community Member
Hi Murthy,

I bought a item 6 months ago and i did not receive Promotion Gift still, i called many times to ebay customer care but no response from you even there is no person to give correct information about my query and gift. In this case what is use of keeping such stupid offers in your site.

Regards
Vara
Message 67 of 124
latest reply

Dear Mr Ambareesh Murty,

We are thankful to you for this Open House Discussion, as it helps us to interact with you directly.

Sir, We congratulate you for the major changes the Ebay.in has gone thru in last 3 to 4 months. Some of them were very commendable, like introducing new payment options, Paisapay COD.

The changes in the limitation of the shipping charges, would have been better handled if the sellers were kept in the survey.

Paisapay COD was the major change that had taken place in 2010. We started COD with looking into very bright in the future. But as Paisapay COD, release of payment has been a major issue. We have received some of our payments, but still much is pending. We surely want to see this work smoothly.

We look forward to the discussion on 12th.

Regards
Deven
Message 68 of 124
latest reply

ilapraveenshastri
Community Member
Dear ebay,

I purchased a Netbook in Feb 2010 but I haven't received the Valentine's Day "free gift" - Digital Photo-frame TILL DATE. My paisa pay id is 26273786968 dated 12 Feb 2010. Despite speaking to ebay customer care regularly for almost a year now, there is no progress till now. It is the same standard answer every time - "some thing is being done for all such customers and you will be informed shortly".

Please look into the matter at the earliest please.

Regards,
Ila Shastri
Message 69 of 124
latest reply

musicmysoul3
Community Member
i started as a seller on Ebay.com i was selling Facebook Ad vouchers but then when i started to earn and that is when ebay stopped me and banned selling of vouchers and banned me for a month 🙂 , recently i have just been thinking of starting up selling iphones and macbooks on ebay but i am really scared just because of the fact that if i would have to sell then i would have to get these products bought earlier in bulk well before to maintain a stock and to get a good price, but after reading all of the problems faced by so many power sellers above i am seriously scared of taking that risk now 😞

- Customer support is always hungry for feedbacks ( and just are worried about the emails which we might get into our registered email ) they try to make fake promises ( jitender from safety and security department and other people who just try to trick you and act smart at ebay, i have not had a great time speaking to them.

- Account managers ? Who are they ? Never called me up i have asked ebay to assign me one but damp i don't know what to do.

Request:

- Ebay should provide support to the sellers as if sellers won't exit on this website it would just be a dead portal.

- They Should Trust sellers and not block there accounts for just 1 bad feedback try and understand that you are stopping the FLOW of work and discouraging them instead.

- Should introduce a shipping method or a shipping support which is only for ebay and conceptualized keeping ebay sellers in mind.( This is Very Important if you can provide shipping support and methods by which the products reach safely and pick up is being done from the seller safe and easy packaging methods ) These things should be Basic.

Regards,
Mudit Kalra
Message 70 of 124
latest reply